Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My Milk Date starting 3rd April 2012 for 2 Weeks!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Band Patient Stories and Photos » My Milk Date starting 3rd April 2012 for 2 Weeks!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I’m new to this forum….

Thought I best get on it, get the advice, support and information I need to really make this work! And what a better way, than to come on here, with others who are or have gone through the same as I’m about to.

My milk diet starts in 2 days…. I’ve just got back from my last BIG meal….with friends.
    It was a Chinese eat-as-much-as-you-like restaurant.

Ironically I never ate as much as I used too, perhaps its the embedding of the operation date coming soon, how my life is about to change, that somehow made me fuller faster?

Anyways….The Milk diet….I wont lie, I’m petrified of it. Why? Cos I really don’t like milk on its own…..but I’ve found 2 crusha flavour milkshake mixes (the no sugar ones)…in Raspberry and Strawberry flavours….(although I would have preferred something like Lime or banana, but I’ve searched every bloody where and cant find it!)

Having to drink that much milk a day – is going to be one hell of a challenge for me…Even with milkshake mix.

I’ve also stocked up on the sugar free Jellies…..in Orange, Raspberry, Strawberry, Lemon & Lime and Blackcurrant – Hopefully more flavours will make me eat it lol

Im not fond of the bovril/oxo things, so instead i’m gonna eat a tea spoon of marmite a day 🙂

Tomorrow I wont eat as much…just one of my last favourite meals I think.

kathc

Hi and welcome ! All the very best for the milk diet , I won’t lie it’s hard but think of end results . Are you having band or bypass ??

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Hi Kathc…:)

Im having a Gastric Band – Lapband…..

Surgey is for the 17th April 2012.

78rpm

Hiya welcome 🙂

I found the milk diet was fine once I had focus’d on it I had my jelly and an organic oxo type cube in the evening and the strawberry crusha and lime juice drink during the day. I found the jelly did give me something more “solid” to eat in the evenings and I also hated oxo cubes but it was suprising how much you then came to like it during the 2 weeks as it became almost a hot soup in a cup for me. I lost just under 2 stones on the milk diet and had no side effects of weakness etc and it really helped me get things together for my new life to come!

rgds

Jay

Clanceychick

Hi there

I was like you and dreading the milk diet but I’m now one week (and one week to go) and it really hasn’t been as bad as I thought, I don;t tend to get hungry at all and the only thing I’ve struggled with is my mouth feeling constantly furry but breath spray helps.

Good luck with it and also your surgery

Sarah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Bariatrics megastore

Hi There.

Above is the link to the bariatric online store where you can buy everything you will ever need for both the milk diet and your new life as a post op person.

Welcome to one of the friendliest places in the world by the way! Looking forward to sharing your journey with you 😉

Doodah x

Hi Jay
    Thanks for commenting…Its good to see others who have ‘got through the milk diet’ lol….
    I may just try Oxo or similar – as you said, it maybe like a soup….
    Congratulations on your weight loss for the milk diet and I can see on your ticker your doing amazing too…

Today is my first day of the milk diet….and so far…its more of a mental fight than a physical one.

Hi Sarah

Good to see someone else actually ON the milk diet right now….whens your surgery then? im down for the 17th April 2012.

And what hospital are you under? I’m under St.Richards Hospital at Chichester.

So far the milk isn’t too bad as I have the crusha milkshake mix…..its pretty nice actually. I done the spoon of marmite and it wasnt as nice as I expected, so I may try the OXO in hot water….

Today ive battled my head more than my stomach…I mean i’ve been sick before or had days where i havent eaten, but because IM NOT ALLOWED TOO…its making me want too more…:(

Any chance I can add you as a friend, seeing as we are both on the same path at the same time?

Ohhhh marvelous! Thank you so much….having a good look see now 🙂

@Doodah 22625 wrote:

Bariatrics megastore

Hi There.

Above is the link to the bariatric online store where you can buy everything you will ever need for both the milk diet and your new life as a post op person.

Welcome to one of the friendliest places in the world by the way! Looking forward to sharing your journey with you 😉

Doodah x

78rpm

How’s the day been? Hope it was okay in the end and you can think of the “prize” at the end of it!

rgds

Jay

@78rpm 22633 wrote:

How’s the day been? Hope it was okay in the end and you can think of the “prize” at the end of it!

rgds

Jay

Hi Jay

Thanks for asking…..its getting better…..had a point where I thought I was going insane lol….kept thinking of foods, their tastes etc…

So I went and had a nap – cos my mind was going on and on at me! lol

Woke up, decided to have another milkshake…then a jelly….and now time is flying and I havent done all my milk, so im having a cuppa tea (with sweetner)….and find that this actually fills me up a lot, so tomorrow – I think I will reduce my fluids which are squashes, and increase my cuppa teas! lol

I think Ill have another jelly soon and milkshake, so my belly stops rumbling lol

Did you find it hard? I feel such a looser as its day one ffs!

hides

Keep smiling and stick with it. 🙂 you are doing great.

I’m now 5 months post op ( band ) and i was starving most nights, but i had to stay focused on the end results….. I had so many baths, just to get away from the kitchen. Evenings were a killer for me, but it does get easier….. Think of that little black dress at christmas time….. Lol

Best wishes
    Heidi.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Bluebutterflier 22637 wrote:

Hi Jay

Thanks for asking…..its getting better…..had a point where I thought I was going insane lol….kept thinking of foods, their tastes etc…

So I went and had a nap – cos my mind was going on and on at me! lol

Woke up, decided to have another milkshake…then a jelly….and now time is flying and I havent done all my milk, so im having a cuppa tea (with sweetner)….and find that this actually fills me up a lot, so tomorrow – I think I will reduce my fluids which are squashes, and increase my cuppa teas! lol

I think Ill have another jelly soon and milkshake, so my belly stops rumbling lol

Did you find it hard? I feel such a looser as its day one ffs!

I drink tea constantly throughout the day. It’s my new ‘crutch’ so to speak and WAY better than a bar of chocolate. I even have a T shirt with ‘Tea Rocks’ on it haha!

Clanceychick

@Bluebutterflier 22631 wrote:

Hi Sarah

Good to see someone else actually ON the milk diet right now….whens your surgery then? im down for the 17th April 2012.

And what hospital are you under? I’m under St.Richards Hospital at Chichester.

So far the milk isn’t too bad as I have the crusha milkshake mix…..its pretty nice actually. I done the spoon of marmite and it wasnt as nice as I expected, so I may try the OXO in hot water….

Today ive battled my head more than my stomach…I mean i’ve been sick before or had days where i havent eaten, but because IM NOT ALLOWED TOO…its making me want too more…:(

Any chance I can add you as a friend, seeing as we are both on the same path at the same time?

Hiya

I’m scheduled for the 10th in Harrow at the Clementine Churchill, and I’m very excited now!! The first day on the milk diet is the hardest, you’ll be fine after that, just keep thinking of the end results. It helped me to stick to it by knowing that if I didn’t the consultant will know and not operate if my liver hasn’t shrunk – simple as really!

I’m lucky though, I love my teaspoon of marmite everyday 🙂

Keep in touch and shout if you’re struggling xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

That teaspoon of marmite every day was SO welcome! It felt like having ‘dinner’ as it was so savoury 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media