Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My Journey so far….(Ms Ellie)

Home » Topics » General Section » Social Networking & Tech Zone » Patient Journals/Blogs » My Journey so far….(Ms Ellie)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 316 through 325 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    ditzeeblonde

Hey beautiful… was SO lovely to see you, shame I couldn’t stay longer! Infact I could have done coz I had such a great ride home I actually got back in time for her finishing, could’ve dragged it out another 30 mins had I known. Did you get a glowing review? x

Ms Ellie

Hello there my friends new and old it’s been such a long time since I last updated my “journey so far” well I think the real last posting was in feb and at that point I believe I’d just shifted just over 10 stones how great is that??? Well to date 8 months post op I’ve shifted 14st 4lbs (will update that too on my signature strip). *

So far so good everything I’ve wanted to happen has, I’m shifting the excess weight nicely and boy what a difference that makes!! I realise that I’m one of the lucky ones but in my favour I have strictly followed my instructions from my team. The support I’ve received from friends family and fellow wls…ers has been priceless a few have followed and supported me from my pre-op days and I am truly grateful for this.

This Time last year I was struggling to walk from my sofa to the car parked outside my front door. shopping was a no go area for me as I was feeling breathless/tired even before I reached the store from the car park. *Online shopping was my saviour back then, it was just easy to click and shop, deliveries were a nightmare too because I then had to put it away, ok I admit, I nearly always arranged for the deliveries to arrive when I had my family around because believe it or not even putting the shopping away was a real chore!

Talking about this years tea party has brought back some awful memories from last years party. *The actual party was great and all those that went were a friendly and understanding group of people. *many friendships were sealed that day! *

The venue, was a great place *but for me all those steps (not many) created many problems! hopefully this year with this lovely weight loss it won’t be an issue!

How have things changed for me in the past 8 months… Well, like I mentioned friendships the ones I’ve made are priceless.. Travelling I’ve been to Italy twice already this year and shall be going again in august, I’ve booked a cruise for October (so looking forward to this) would never have even thought about going on one before my surgery, I’m looking forward to getting back on a plane be it still with the extension seat belt who cares as long as I can fulfil my dreams of travelling!!! Many other exciting things have happened but too many to mention everyday is a new day and I smile every morning when I wake up!!
    I’ve attended many support groups throughout this past year pre/post op I’ve travelled miles and miles with twinkle (my sister) just to say hi and get to know a few more wls…ers, * I cannot *stress enough just how important it is to get along to at least one group session as speaking to people who are on the same journey really helps to make this journey understandable! (hope you catch my drift).

However, I realise that I have had it good so far with great results and I *also realise that some have not had it so good, *hand on heart I wish I could make things better for everyone and everyone’s journey run as smoothly as mine but this is not possible. I’m far from reaching my destination and I know that this is something that will always need careful consideration and choosing my food choices/portions carefully.

**I NEVER EVER want to be in that awful situation again!

*In return *if I can help just one person through there wls journey for me that’s job done!!! I will always help/support anyone and I will promise not to take on anything that I cannot see through. *I can be contacted via pm through this forum if anyone would like a chat.

If you have read this far, then I thank you for taking the time in doing so. *

Much love to you all Ellie xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Ellie

I remember you at last year’s tea party sitting in a corridor for most of the time because of all the steps. I felt so bad for you. You were my inspiration for finding a venue that is 100% accessible this year’s tea party!

I agree totally that following the rules to the letter is 99% of the battle with weight loss after wls. I have now lost 95% of my excess weight (with just the 1.5st of excess skin keeping it from being 100%!) and am feeling fantastic. Wls hasn’t cured my asthma, eczema or chronic joint pain from an ongoing condition and it never will but, it has made me more confident to face life in general. For the first time in 26 years, I feel ‘normal’ (stretching things a bit I know haha!!)

You have done so well that you are an inspiration to others – isn’t that in itself just the most rewarding thing ever?! Well done Ellie and thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself.

Doodah xx

twintub

Hi Ellie
    I actually cried reading your journey
    You have totally made me know I’m 100% doing the right thing
    Well done to you!! One word “amazing”!!!
    All my love
    Gail
    Xxx

Ms Ellie

@Doodah 15892 wrote:

Hi Ellie

I remember you at last year’s tea party sitting in a corridor for most of the time because of all the steps. I felt so bad for you. You were my inspiration for finding a venue that is 100% accessible this year’s tea party!

I agree totally that following the rules to the letter is 99% of the battle with weight loss after wls. I have now lost 95% of my excess weight (with just the 1.5st of excess skin keeping it from being 100%!) and am feeling fantastic. Wls hasn’t cured my asthma, eczema or chronic joint pain from an ongoing condition and it never will but, it has made me more confident to face life in general. For the first time in 26 years, I feel ‘normal’ (stretching things a bit I know haha!!)

You have done so well that you are an inspiration to others – isn’t that in itself just the most rewarding thing ever?! Well done Ellie and thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself.

Doodah xx

Oh doodah yes last year…. the corridor was lovely!!!! I thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so blessed to have had this golden opportunity to have a real go at shifting this excess weight. my weight loss so far is fantastic and I’m dead chuffed with the results so far. I’ve said a million times since having had wls my life has just been amazing apart from all the things that I’ve started to do, places that I’ve been to the list is endless .. The energy levels are going through the roof you know how it goes you reached there before me.

One other thing doodah, haven’t we made such lovely friends??? I certainly have and cant imagine my life without these people anymore,iit’s such a wonderful feeling long may it continue for all of us.

Thanks again doodah you’re a special one!!

Much love Ellie xxxx

Ms Ellie

@twintub 16159 wrote:

Hi Ellie
    I actually cried reading your journey
    You have totally made me know I’m 100% doing the right thing
    Well done to you!! One word “amazing”!!!
    All my love
    Gail
    Xxx

Oh Gail thank you so much darling I hope your tears from now on are because you are happy. I’m so glad that now you’ve read my journey so far has helped you make the right decision for you.

Thanks again

Much love Ellie xxx

mandyl

you desserve every minute ellie
    a truly lovely person. no more sitting in that corridor though. outside in hopefully sunshine xx

ditzeeblonde

You ARE amazing!! Not because of your massive weightloss or because of the passion & enthusiasm that you give to others but because you are the most beautiful person I have ever met!!!

It was my absolute pleasure to share this experience with you… love ya chick. xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Miss Ellie

I’ve read your story and can so relate about the food, happy, sad didn’t matter it was good. I also, very pre-op, used to go shopping and make out it was for my mum or a dinner party or someone else as I carried a bag of sainsbury curry in a bag home for me to pig out on when I was on my own, we’ve all been there we’re with you every step of the way.

Lucky, I too am on thyroxine, 150 mcg a day, no trouble with absorption at all in fact I started taking them again the day after my op so don’t worry.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Renn

Hi Everyone reading this post.

This is a really special topic about our Ms Ellie’s progress! How great to have an update from Ms Sparkly herself our very own STAR Ms Ellie.a.k.a.beautiful;caring;sharing ;loser!Words are lost meet her here or at a support group and you’ll soon warm to her and how she listens intently before very carefully digesting yes chew…chew…chew.. your story then she’ll tactfully and honestly speak and I guarantee you’ll feel better for sharing with this amazing real woman. I know I feel blessed and touched in my heart to call her a mate.
    Her bravery alone is awesome…I too remember last year’s teaparty and our dear Doodah is so right to have felt Ms Ellie’s pain and as always got out her spectacles,pen and notebook and go about successfully making sure it doesn’t happen this year. WELL DONE to Doodah where would Streamline be without Stacey and all you wonderful people. Readers enjoy your journey follow the forum and I wish you every success for the future. Have a great week!
    Madeleine (Renn)…I was once a very…lonely lady…Not anymore thanks to our buddies everywhere.

Viewing 10 posts - 316 through 325 (of 325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media