Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My Journey so far….(Ms Ellie)

Home » Topics » General Section » Social Networking & Tech Zone » Patient Journals/Blogs » My Journey so far….(Ms Ellie)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ms Ellie

Hi again Ms Ellie,

By the time you get going on this journey you will have written enough to fill a book! Brilliant stuff, just don’t forget the sequel.

Might have known you were a carer! It comes over load and clear without you saying it in words, it takes a certain type of person to be able to dedicate their life to caring for others, whatever their need. You should be very proud of yourslef in giving so freely.

Re. sleep apnoea, ditto; what a Godsend that CPAP is! I used to fall asleep at traffic lights, not good, it got to the point where I was too scared to drive for longer than 20 minutes. I used to drop off at work too, highly embarrassing, I was meant to be helping special needs students with their work, not napping on the job! Training seminars were the worst, having to sit still while someone talked, my eyes dropped withing minutes. Now, all change, no more nodding off at the drop of a hat, no more scaring the family to death because I have ceased to breath. My husband says he now thinks I could manage without my lovely CPAP but I refuse to give it up, besides I was told that even if I lost all my excess weight I would still need it, so I am listening to the professionals on this one. The benefits outweigh my resemblence to Darth Vadar. Stick with it, it gets better and better . Don’t forget to pack it up and take it with you when you go for surgery, they may still have you on oxygen for a while but take it just in case.

I am sure your ‘young men’ will love you just the same no matter what you end up looking like, more importantly, see yourself through their eyes and love yourself, now and afterwards.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media