Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My Journey so far….(Ms Ellie)

Home » Topics » General Section » Social Networking & Tech Zone » Patient Journals/Blogs » My Journey so far….(Ms Ellie)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ms Ellie

Wow Ms Ellie, I’m still trying to catch up with what I missed and I loved reading this. I can so identify with your childhood experiences. Food is a big part of our family although we are English I have five brothers who are all slim but my mum ‘forgot’ I was a girl and fed me the same as she fed them (not that I’m blaming her) but where they played football and rode bikes I played with dolls and settled down with a good book (I wasn’t allowed a bike, although I begged and begged for one).

Even now we are all grown with families of our own the only time we all get together is for a meal out, which we do remarkably often. The name calling too, for years even my own family called me the Mitchelin man. When my boys where younger their friends called me Mrs Blobby in fact about 12 years ago I managed to lose a load of weight with the help of Overeater Anonymous and got down to a size 14. I actually kept it off for nearly 4 years, the longest I have ever kept my weight stable. Anyway one day I was down at the local shops when this young boy about 12 years old came up to me and said “Are you Ben’s mum?” on my confirmation he continued
    “I used to call you Mrs Blobby – I ‘aint gonna call you that no more”
    honestly I was speechless, I didn’t know weather to slap him or hug him lol.

Sorry I’m probably rambling now, your post stirred so many memories.

Anyway great news that things are moving along, you will be very up and down (or at least I know I was) I had a long wait too. Keep sharing, the wonderful part of this site is they take us as we are.

Buzz: I identified with your comments about looking in the mirror in the mornings too. I am now down to a size 16-18 and if I catch myself in a mirror or my reflection in a shop window I have to do a double take as I don’t quiet believe it’s really me lol.

And yes Ms Ellie the pain in your knees will improve a lot after WLS mine are so much better and I can actually walk a little now. In the mean time take the painkillers when you need them.

Oh their goes the bleeper to say my dinners ready, bye for now. xxx

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media