Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

my first step to weight loss

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    johno

So im going for my first appointment on saturday and am not sure what to expect im going for a band but have so many questions to ask before . My biggest fear is the general anasthetic and being put to sleep but then also the diet complications after the band is fitted and how long does the sickness last for?? Is it forever or only until ur band is happy !!please help !!! Any advice would be great !!johno

natalieyoung

Hi ya well I had my band fitted in the 10th if November and I too was terrified. The surgery was over so fast. It took me about 3 days to feel back to myself. I am 11 days post op and I am still on liquids but I am honestly not hungry. I have never felt nauseous or vomited since getting the band.

skinnysoup

Hi Johno,

I am 2 weeks post op and like Natalie have never been sick. It did take 3 days to get over the GA and I can’t lie it was more painful than I thought, however after just 72 hours I felt much better.

I don’t have any problems with food groups and have been really lucky.

Write down all your questions so you don’t miss anything with your surgeon, and you can always ask us! There are people that are just post op, or very experienced and everyone is so supportive.

Kerrie

Xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great advice you lovely bandsters!

Johno, firstly, welcome to the friendliest place in the world and well done for deciding to take your life back into your own hands.

I would reiterate everything Kerrie and Natalie said. It’s a bit different for us bypassers as we have ‘dumping’ to avoid but regarding pain and recovery…almost identical. I had a full open bypass with a 10cm scar, plus gall bladder removed and I was back to normal after a week except for driving and lifting. No pain (discomfort, yes) and absolutely thrilled to bits with my aftercare.

Write down everything you need to know or want to ask. I did that before my recent abdominoplasty so that I could make notes to refer to later. Also, be as HONEST as you possibly can about how you eat both portions and content as this will help your surgeon and team ensure you get the right procedure for YOU. I initially thought I would have a band but after discussions with the team it was decided that I was better suited to a bypass – they were right!

Good luck with your consultation and please let us know how it goes. We are always here for you and no question is too ‘daft’.

Exciting times ahead!

Doodah x

twinladyuk

Hi Johno

I am slightly further down the line. I had my band fitter 6 weeks ago and including 2 weeks of the milk diet I have lost 2st 12lb. I have also had no sickness and I am able to eat normally but small potions. I have had 2 band fills and I feel great! I have not found any food that I can’t tolerate and have been out for dinner a number if times – I can still eat sushi which is my absolute favourite (just not so much!).
    Having my band has already begun to change my life. I feel so much healthier, I have more energy and my confidence is also improving! I also can’t recommend Streamline highly enough. I feel so well supported and looked after.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Karen

natalieyoung

Wow Karen that’s amazing. I had my band fitted huts under two weeks ago and including a two week low carb pre op diet I have lost 18lb. I hope to lose a bit more in the next two weeks before my fill.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@twinladyuk 26680 wrote:

Hi Johno

I am slightly further down the line. I had my band fitter 6 weeks ago and including 2 weeks of the milk diet I have lost 2st 12lb. I have also had no sickness and I am able to eat normally but small potions. I have had 2 band fills and I feel great! I have not found any food that I can’t tolerate and have been out for dinner a number if times – I can still eat sushi which is my absolute favourite (just not so much!).
    Having my band has already begun to change my life. I feel so much healthier, I have more energy and my confidence is also improving! I also can’t recommend Streamline highly enough. I feel so well supported and looked after.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Karen

Such a positive, inspirational post. Thanks Karen. And thanks for your resounding endorsment of Streamline. I feel so honoured to be even a miniscule cog in the company wheel. They really are the best. I don’t say that because I work for them, I say it because they saved my life.

Doodah x

johno

Aw people thank you so much for all the advice you guys are so good to come on here and give your advice. iv booked my appointment for the 10th of december and am very nervious. Is there any essentials i need to bring with me on the day of procedier ??

Doodah
    Keymaster

@johno 26799 wrote:

Aw people thank you so much for all the advice you guys are so good to come on here and give your advice. iv booked my appointment for the 10th of december and am very nervious. Is there any essentials i need to bring with me on the day of procedier ??

How EXCITING!!? I’m so happy for you.

Well, I would say first and foremost something to read as there can sometimes be a period of waiting and, even if it’s only half an hour, it will feel like an eternity! Maybe some face wipes to freshen up? I’m sure our fab bandsters will soon be able to tell you what might be a good idea to bring along with you as I had a three day stay in hospital after mine so it was totally different.

Don’t be nervous about the procedure itself though. It’s very straightforward and you are in the safest of hands I promise
    ;-))

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media