Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

My countdown has begun

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hypnothink

I’m really excited that it’s day 1 of the milk diet as that means only two weeks til op. I’m not so exited that I’m on a 14 hour shift! But I’ve been told of I don’t feel well I can bail out anytime whilst on milk.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Hypno

What sort of work do you do? if it’s really physical, you may have to take it a bit easier but most people cope quite well: including the Mums and Dads looking after several young children!

Glad you are feeling excited about starting your new, happier and healthier life. have you been watching ‘Fat Surgeons’ on the Really Chanel? It’s so inspiring!! There are still two episodes to go if you would like to record them. It’s on at 9pm on Thursdays
    😉

Doodah x

Mara

Hi Hypno

Congratulations on day one of your new life….the milk diet really helps your body and mind prep for the big day of surgery.

I found it amazing that I didn’t feel hungry but did take an energy dip on days 3 to 4 (just watch out for that).

Whilst the milk diet is liberating in taking the decisions out of your hands on what you can eat it, it also allows you to listen (for the first time in my life) to how your mind works around food. For example, when my hubby told me he was going out, the first thought that sprang into my mind was ‘great, what can I eat?’ of course I quickly realised I couldn’t ‘eat’ anything! But I’ve acknowledge the pattern, whenever I’m on my own my mind goes straight to the subject of food like a heat seeking missile! We’ve all got our mind games to battle, the milk diet helped me to identify mine.

So the diet works on two levels, psychologically and physically………….good luck with yours and welcome to the forum, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mara x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Mara 24545 wrote:

Hi Hypno

Congratulations on day one of your new life….the milk diet really helps your body and mind prep for the big day of surgery.

I found it amazing that I didn’t feel hungry but did take an energy dip on days 3 to 4 (just watch out for that).

Whilst the milk diet is liberating in taking the decisions out of your hands on what you can eat it, it also allows you to listen (for the first time in my life) to how your mind works around food. For example, when my hubby told me he was going out, the first thought that sprang into my mind was ‘great, what can I eat?’ of course I quickly realised I couldn’t ‘eat’ anything! But I’ve acknowledge the pattern, whenever I’m on my own my mind goes straight to the subject of food like a heat seeking missile! We’ve all got our mind games to battle, the milk diet helped me to identify mine.

So the diet works on two levels, psychologically and physically………….good luck with yours and welcome to the forum, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mara x

That’s amazing! How quickly you identified the problem, where before you would simply have considered it something you did without even thinking about it. I’m convinced that knowing what we are battling is the answer.

For years and years I just thought I was addicted to high calorie, high sugar foods as I never over ate with meals. In fact, if someone put a huge plate of dinner in front of me it put me off eating it altogether. After surgery, I realsied that I used food as a pick me up for when I was feeling utterly miserable but didn’t/wouldn’t recognise it. After my bypass, I HAD to live without those foods or run the risk of feeling like hell with dumping. So, I started to talk and write about how I was feeling. It worked.

I’m writing a book about my experiences but boy is it taking me ages!! I keep having new exciting ones thanks to wls!!

Great posts guys. I can see we are all going to learn so much from each other. Thank you 😉

Doodah x

hypnothink

Thanks all,
    Doodad i’m a student midwife, albeit a mature one! So it’s full on and we are full to bursting at the moment.

hmb74

Welcome aboard the weight loss wagon 🙂

Emski

Good luck on the milk diet I’m looking forward to the day I get to start it. Keep us posted on how you find it, I find so much here really inspiring.

~Em~

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hypnothink 24549 wrote:

Thanks all,
    Doodad i’m a student midwife, albeit a mature one! So it’s full on and we are full to bursting at the moment.

WOW! That is hard work! Hope you manage ok. Just keep reminding yourself that it’s not for long 😉

I got my degree as a mature student with two small children – HARD WORK! I take my hat off to you xx

hypnothink

It is so rewarding and like my weight loss I have to keep my eye on the final goal!

One silly question , how much jelly, yesterday at work I had a ready made pot, which wasn’t very nice. Today I’ve made the packet , but how much can I have? I made it in little shot glasses kept from those indulgent M&S key lime pies, do thought I could have a couple? I made 9 pots from my pint of jelly?

Lauren
    Keymaster

I used to eat the whole thing!!! A whole made up packet. Actually I have one here….hang on.

Just checked. A whole made up Hartley’s sugar free jelly (blackcurrent) contains 36 calories. So, I guess the answer to that is virtually as much as you like! All nine pots would be less than 40 calories.

Hope that is helpful ;-))

Doodah x

hmb74

Yup. I had the whole thing too 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

Phew. Was beginning to wonder whether I had been a big greedy guts haha! Still lost a stone in 2 weeks 😉

hypnothink

That’s good I can have it throughout the day then, to keep me going.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Absolutely!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media