Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Multivitamins and supplements

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

Just wondering what people are taking after having gastric band. My consultant said I would not need any but this slightly worried me as I have read a lot about hair loss and stuff. Anyone have an info

skinnysoup

I am continuing with the multi vit at the moment as I am not eating very much, but I am not wanting to take forever as I am hoping to get all the vitamins from what I eat.

No harm in taking the vits every day though if you want to.

This is all new to me so maybe others know better!

Xx

lynne903

My consultant said I don’t need to take them either. Once you’re back on a balanced nutritional diet, you should be getting everything you need from your food. If you’re still worried, speak to your bariatric team, I’m sure they’ll help to put any fears to rest. xx

natalieyoung

Thanks girls I think I will start taking one just to be safe.

Lauren
    Keymaster

It will do absolutely no harm whatsoever, even if you took it for the first year. Us bypassers have to take them for life but that’s just something we have to put up with – which is really a fabulous pay off isnt it? 1 Tablet a day for the rest of our much longer, healthier, happier lives. I’ll take that 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Like Doodah, I am also a bypasser and only take a multivitamin once a day and my last full blood workup showed no deficiencies in any thing else so nothing needs to be topped up. Its my understanding that banding is not as drastic on Nutrient absorption that a bypass is so its likely a simple over the counter multi vitamin will do, although if you are female and above a certain age (Not saying you are by the way) then its worth adding a Calcium Tablet as well. You team should or should have advised you on this before surgery, give it 6 months and ask your GP to do a full blood workup for you, that will be the best way to show if you need any supplements, but in the mean time a general multivitamin will do you no harm at all.

Paul

natalieyoung

Thanks Paul I took your advice and got a multivitamin. It’s liquid form as was not sure if I will be able for tablets with the band

Hi can anyone tell where I can get liquid vitamins from spoke to my doctor says there is no such thing but have seen on her people have got

twinladyuk

I’ve been taking the one I bought from Streamline website – it’s the only thing that makes me feel so unbearably sick. I’m not sure how much longer I can take it and so would also like to know where to get a liquid multi vitamin.
    Thanks
    Karen x

natalieyoung

I got pharmaton liquid it says on the box for kids and adults. You can get it in boots

pgoldsmith

Hi

I just wanted to say, that I have a band and had it for over a year. You can take tablets no problem, if you can’t that your band is too tight, this is important as other medication may be required by you at a later date. A good multi vitamin that you want to take will crush up. The band is your friend not enemy and it should work for you, if you are not keeping enough of what your body needs then the band needs to be less tight. You wont really work all this out for you when u start having band fills. Good luck with the surgery and I wish u all the best, it’s an aid to weight loss and should change ur outlook and choices when it comes to food, but this comes naturally and I think the thought of this is worse than the reality!

All the best

Paul

natalieyoung

Thanks Paul. Nervous today but just hoping everything goes well with the surgery.

pgoldsmith

Good luck! Hope all goes well, it’s for long term so concentrate on that fact

Paul

natalieyoung

Thanks Paul having surgery at 5 so it’s going to be a long day!

natalieyoung wrote:
    I got pharmaton liquid it says on the box for kids and adults. You can get it in boots

Thanks for this helps me get ready for when I have my bypass

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media