Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Moving on

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Hi Doodah!
    Thank you so much for all your lovely warm support that you have given me!
    I feel that the journey to get to my opp date has been so much easier and clearer what with the help and encouragement everyone else has given to me too!
    I hope my personal experience will be of use to others too!
    I hope it’s all going well for you!
    I had some pampering today and I am so looking foreword to Saturday, and a bit scared too of course, but I’m all ready!
    I will keep in touch,
    Julie xxx

clairec

Hi Julie,
    I will be thinking of you on Saturday, I will only be 3 days ahead of you. If you can post how you are soon after the operation that is so reassuring for others coming after you. It is not always easy I know though. I am going to try if I can too. I am on another forum and people have been doing that and knowing when everyone’s op is and thinking of them, as they do for you, is so supportive. Hearing how they are doing early on is really helpful and it is so good to know that they are ok.

I think you are a Portsmouth group person aren’t you? In which case I hope to meet you there later in the month.
    I will be thinking of you.
    Take care
    Claire

@830830 30854 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    Thank you so much for all your lovely warm support that you have given me!
    I feel that the journey to get to my opp date has been so much easier and clearer what with the help and encouragement everyone else has given to me too!
    I hope my personal experience will be of use to others too!
    I hope it’s all going well for you!
    I had some pampering today and I am so looking foreword to Saturday, and a bit scared too of course, but I’m all ready!
    I will keep in touch,
    Julie xxx

Hi Claire!
    Thank you for your reply.
    I am a member of the Portsmouth group and a friend of Treeza, whom I think you have spoken with .
    I fully intend to come on the 20th .
    I will let you know how I’m doing after the opp as soon as I can. I have no idea what time it will actually be on the 8th, so please bear with me.
    I will also let everyone else know how I am doing, on the forum.
    I’m feeling a bit tired today , day 7 on the milk diet. I got a bit behind with my fluids today so far so I will stay up this eve and space the out till I’ve taken them all.
    How have you been today on the diet?
    Julie

clairec

@830830 30856 wrote:

Hi Claire!
    Thank you for your reply.
    I am a member of the Portsmouth group and a friend of Treeza, whom I think you have spoken with .
    I fully intend to come on the 20th .
    I will let you know how I’m doing after the opp as soon as I can. I have no idea what time it will actually be on the 8th, so please bear with me.
    I will also let everyone else know how I am doing, on the forum.
    I’m feeling a bit tired today , day 7 on the milk diet. I got a bit behind with my fluids today so far so I will stay up this eve and space the out till I’ve taken them all.
    How have you been today on the diet?
    Julie

Hi Julie,
    Ah you are a friend of Treeza’s! She seems to be having a miserable time at the moment, I was just about to message her to say that I am thinking about her. I think that I have been really lucky with my pre op diet, Frances suggested it and she is the dietician who I think has moved to the Portsmouth area. She was so helpful, so informative and so nice when I saw her. So I am eating 3 fruits, one low fat yoghurt, half a pint of skimmed milk and vegetables at 3 meals with a 2 egg omelette or bacon for breakfast and a limited amount of meat or fish for lunch and supper. I am not hungry on it at all, I just miss having more fruit and a greater variety of things and it isn’t easy to transport for work etc. I am over the moon with it though, when I know what some other people do with different surgeons/teams etc.

I am more tired than usual and feel rather lightheaded if i go too long between breakfast and lunch and I am not sure that my brain is all there but the tiredness and thinking could be my imagination! Either way yesterday’s teaching seemed to take everything I had, and I have another long day of teaching on your op day so I need to keep my wits about me because I don’t seem to be on totally full throttle.

I think that my op will be early on the list on Tuesday because I have been called in early and they apparently call people in in twos. That would be great if it is because i am travelling from Basingstoke to Harrow and with the traffic I would have had to leave very early anyway. I have been told that I might be in HDU for one night so if i am earlier in the day perhaps that might not happen.

I really will be thinking of you on Saturday, and over the days until I have mine (and of course afterwards too). I am sure that you will be absolutely fine and you are definitely in safe hands. So I will be on here frequently to see if you have managed to post yet, no pressure at all though just get well and I am sure that we will be in contact here and will meet on the 20th.
    Take care
    Claire x

Lauren
    Keymaster

There are none safer than with any of the surgeons and clinical team at Streamline. I’m not saying that as an employee – but as a past patient

Doodah x

Hi Claire!
    Lovely to hear from you !
    I will be thinking of you too for Tuesday, hopefully I will be home then.
    Your pre opp diet sounds very good.
    I just opted for the milk diet for its simplicity, I thought but would suit me better during the lead up to the opp .
    I am only on it for a week, I gladly did 9 days for good measure and I feel fine, maybe a bit tired but I’m at home pacing myself so I can’t complain at all!
    I’m due in hospital at 7.30 on Saturday, I would love to go early! Fingers crossed. All that waiting!! No thanks!
    I will post as soon as I’m upright and checked over, I promise.
    It will be lovely to meet you at the next meeting. Please keep me updated with how you are doing too, it’s really nice to know that we are not on out own with this big step!
    The very best of luck with your big day on Tuesday, stay strong , busy and focused!
    Julie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

See Julie, you are already helping others. I know that was one of the things you were really keen to do – and it has started even before your surgery 😉

Doodah x

Hi Doodah!
    It’s so nice to talk to people who are thinking about it or having it done!
    Julie x

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media