Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Moving on

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    audrasharon

Just had my first solidish meal ( mashed stage) had 3/4 of a ramekin of low fat chicken curry with 1/2 a tea spoon of rice. Chewed for Britton instead of mashing it and left a small amount but went down really well. Have gone from a size 28 top and 24 bottoms to both being size 20. 6 weeks post op on Tuesday. Happy! X

Kimberly
    Participant

That’s fantastic news so happy for you , did you enjoy eating solid food ?

treeza

Oh bless you that’s amazing! Glad you enjoyed you mini curry & rice. I’m also glad you little pouch didn’t mind it either x wow, wow to the reduction in cloth size. Amazing x x x

audrasharon

Thanks guy. X it’s was ok but got fed up of chewing really. X

treeza

You soon get used to it! x

Kimberly
    Participant

@audrasharon 30653 wrote:

Thanks guy. X it’s was ok but got fed up of chewing really. X

That made me laugh xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi Iv just returned from Lily’s and managed a couple mouthful if scrambled eggs and half slice if toast with my friend . Feeling well pleased with my self .

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    Hi Iv just returned from Lily’s and managed a couple mouthful if scrambled eggs and half slice if toast with my friend . Feeling well pleased with my self .

Hope it tasted as good as the satisfaction you got from eating it!. Fingers crossed tomorrow goes as well ! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Isn’t it weird how moving forward from stage to stage after wls is almost exactly like weaning a baby?! I don’t know about you but I felt the same trepidation each time I moved on the the next stage and it was about the same things as weaning – upset tummy, being sick, cramps, runny nappy (only kidding about the nappy bit – for now. I’m getting on in years you know) haha.

When I look back now, I worried about everything. I think I over worried to be honest. yes, I did have the odd disaster and ended up with my head down the loo but there was nearly always a reason. I either didn’t chew enough or ate too quickly before/after a drink. I can still get caught out on the drinking thing as I drink tea virtually constantly all day. But you know what? It was all a learning curve. The satisfaction of ‘safely’ moving on to the next stage really shouldn’t be underestimated. Treat yourself as you would your precious baby when weaning: with pride.

Doodah x

audrasharon

I’ve been really lucky so far. I’ve listened and learnt from others shared experiences. So far everything has gone down with no problems! Very happy. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@audrasharon 30677 wrote:

I’ve been really lucky so far. I’ve listened and learnt from others shared experiences. So far everything has gone down with no problems! Very happy. X

Glad to hear it. Like we always say, follow your body and the guidelines and you will be fine.

Kimberly
    Participant

I thought I learnt from others but must have been the banana yesterday wosh up it came , Trezza right don’t trust bananas lol

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hahaha! It’s a banana conspiracy! I eat them dried. YUM. But very high in carbs.

Doodah x

audrasharon

Is this a challenge? 🙂 I might try one next week and let you know.

treeza

Oh Kim you just made me laugh out loud! I’m over my nana fear now although only eat half then wait an hour before having the rest. Tesco’ shave delivered me the hugest bananas I’ve ever seen in the past two weeks. They are twice the size of a normal nana! I think tesco are out to get me :0)))))x ps I wasn’t laughing about you being sick!
    Doodah there in a banana conspiracy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media