Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

More discrimination?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Outrage as hospital bans patients weighing more than 15 stone from emergency ward for health and safety reasons | Mail Online

Just seen this on our Facebook page and it makes my blood boil. It asks on our Facebook page ‘Is this discrimination in the guise of health and safety?’ Well, my answer is YES. Fatism is the last of the ‘isms’ it seems acceptable to practice. And while we are at it (well, me at least) 15st isn’t exactly gigantic is it? My powerhouse of a husband weighs that and he is perfectly healthy.

Would love to hear your views.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

So just about every fit and health rugby player is about to be refused emergency medical care are they.

The overweight are now the only group left for everyone to use all their discrimination up on, everything else is now illegal, but Fatism is the only one left for all the bigots of this world to focus on.

And whilst on the subject, why is it that anyone slightly overweight is refused surgery as the anesthetics are too dangerous yet the Anesthetists that work in the Bariatric surgery field are quite happy to anaesthetise the super morbid patients with a virtually zero mortality rate.

Paul

Paul-H
    Participant

And seeing this at the bottom of the Article

‘Once the reconfiguration work is complete, the former ward 10 and associated areas will be used for a range of day case work, including chemotherapy”.

Does that mean they plan on refusing Cancer Patients access to Chemotherapy if they weigh more than 15 stone as well. once all the work is finished.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 27284 wrote:

And seeing this at the bottom of the Article

‘Once the reconfiguration work is complete, the former ward 10 and associated areas will be used for a range of day case work, including chemotherapy”.

Does that mean they plan on refusing Cancer Patients access to Chemotherapy if they weigh more than 15 stone as well. once all the work is finished.

Paul

That is an inspired point to make Paul. 15st is not exactly gargantuan is it? By anyone’s standards! Like you say, obese people is the last group that that people think it’s perfectly acceptable to discriminate against – and often bully in the process. I’m no longer obese but in my head, I will always feel like an obese person. Which is the reason I feel so strongly about this article.

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media