Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Moody!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kitten
    Participant

2nd day without sugar, grrr how long does this last?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Kitten.

I know exactly how you are feeling. It is like a proper withdrawal and is no fun.

I gave up sugar in my tea a year ago and I still miss it. Out of interest, what (if anything) are you using as a substitute? I’m not a dietitian but I would never, ever touch aspartame again as long as I live. It made me so ill.

I can’t tell you how long it will take to not miss sugar anymore as we are all so different. I still miss it but after a gastric bypass, your body reacts negatively to it (dumping syndrome) so it’s not worth the risk. The same goes for food high in fat.

Hang in there, Kitten. It does get easier.

Kitten
    Participant

Hi Doodah

I use Monin sugar free on my readybrek, and have cut out tea altogether – I bought a muller light youghurt, then realised I could not have it, as it had aspartame and gelatine in it.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Oh, Kitten, I truly feel for you. It all seems such an uphill task at the beginning. I actually cried sometimes as I felt so deprived of my old food ‘friends. But then I decided to look at it from a different perspective. They were not my friends at all: but enemies. They were the things that had brought me to the point of needing weightloss surgery.

By choosing not to have the yoghurt, you are showing the grit and resolve needed to make things better for yourself. You should feel very proud! It TOUGH, really tough. But you are already making the necessary changes. WELL DONE my lovely 🙂

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Doodah.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media