Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milky Monday!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Vickster

I’m on my way!! I started milk diet this morning…yaaaaay!
    Fingers crossed that I don’t hear anything re bloods and swabs today and then all should be go go go!!!!

bikerchris
    Participant

How exciting! I often think that after all we go through to get to this point, the first day of the milk diet is the gateway to the new life.

Go you!!

Chris x

Vickster

Thanks Chris, that is how I have seen it…just want to fast forward the next two weeks now so that I don’t do anything to jeopardise it!

penny

Hi Vickster, good for you on the milk diet, I hope you get on with it ok, I do not know what it is except that it shrinks the liver, how much do you drink and what do you have with it ! I am of to see chris pring on friday and we most probably find out then as i have the dieticians as well, i am really not sure what is going to happen, so your input would be great. every one on here is so friendly its good to know there are others all feeling and doing or done the same.
    Good Luck keep drinking x

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Penny, the milk diet is basically just milk. 4 pints semi skimmed and that’s it. You can use sugar free syrups or jelly if you like and one salty drink a day but that’s your lot.

Don’t be daunted though, it’s OK, easy to do and you won’t be hungry.

Chris x

treeza

Good luck Vickster, you’re going to do great. The first 3 days were the hardest for me then you settle in to it. Be organised – make jelly up the night before, have plenty of milk in & have a variety of oxo cubes. My favourite was the lamb oxo it has a hint of mint which is yummy. It also seemed a bit more meaty!! One of my friends who joined me on the diet for the day still has one every now & then. Milky coffee is great for filling you up. No added sugar milkshakes are a god send. You can get some yummy flavours from the bariatric mega store. My personal favourite was raspberry.
    Stay strong, you CAN do it. Come on here & chat if you’re struggling. Soon be on the losers bench. We are waiting xxx

treeza

Penny Chris Pring was my surgeon & he’s fab x

Vickster

Thanks Treeza, all ok so far, just very tired and in pain with my knees so the constant trips to the loo are not great! I have never heard of the bariatric mega store!

treeza

Doodah will be able to give you the link I’m sure x they do loads of no added sugar stuff on there & the syrups are lovely x it certainly makes you pee loads I remember it well. Just keep thinking of the long term goal. Weight loss will help your knees for sure. Keep going x you can do it x :0)x

penny

Hi treeza, thanks for that, I will be seeing him on friday, Im excited but scared as well ,was you able to ask questions even if he may have thought they were daft. I have a few of them, I have been writing things down so i do not forget when I am in the room.

bikerchris
    Participant

My surgeon was Guy Slater and he was endlessly patient with my questions. I’ve not met Chris Pring but if you look around this forum you’ll see that everyone speaks highly of all the streamline guys, not just the surgeons, all the team are great. It’s a fab idea to go with a list too, in the heat of the moment you will forget.

Sorry to hear your knees are painful, mine were too. I’m not arthritic or anything but I used to ache terribly. Not surprising really as I was lugging an extra 10 stones around. You should see me go now, can walk miles and manage stairs easily. A great pleasure for me is walking my dog and not worrying if it’s uphill

Chris xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

The Bariatric Megastore is no longer available (it hasn’t been for a while.) However, you will find that most supermarkets now sell sugar free ranges of virtually everything!

Carol Ball’s book ‘Return to Slender’ has some amazing sugar free recipes and advice too.

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

Her website is also a mine of information regarding all things bariatric! Hope this is helpful.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh and Vicky – I LOVE ‘Milky Monday’ haha! That really made me giggle 🙂

Vickster

Thanks Doodah, I got the book a couple of weeks ago, it’s brilliant! My OCD is loving the milk diet, my Binge Eating Disorder is not…but one week down, one to go!!

loulou19

This week will fly by for you Vickster. Exciting times ahead xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media