Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk Intolerant – had to change to Liver Shrinkage diet concerns

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet » Milk Intolerant – had to change to Liver Shrinkage diet concerns

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paula

Hi All
    Finally plucked up the courage to have a band, booked consultation, had pre-assessment then guess what ……get a cold/flu. Started the Milk diet and got progressively worse.
    Was prepared to be constipated but never expected the complete opposite! Turns out im intolerant….
    Still taking Anti-biotics for infected synus but things are getting better now im back on solid foods – although I am worried that the difference between milk and this diet is so vast that it will still be ok for the surgery, presuming that they say I can still proceed because of the cold etc.
    Op scheduled for Thursday next week……!?!?!?
    Paula x

mandyl

i did low carb instead of milk diet and was fine so ull be ok. xxx

Anonymous

Hi Paula,
    Not everyone can do the milk diet, please dont beat yourself up about that….
    Antibiotics should knock the cold/flu/ infection into touch….

Just need for you to be at your fittest for what is major surgery…. I had two cancellations, but never waited long once your in the process…
    If it has to be cancelled temporarily then it is for a reaso. EVERYTHING happens for a reason…

Good luck, wish you well

Buzz xx

CarerQuie

You’ll be fine.

The Hospital I had surgery at favour the Liver shrinking diet,rather than the milk diet and my liver shrank beautifully. I found the diet to be fairly straightforward,although I did have to think carefully about what I could eat. xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media