Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk Diet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kathc

Hi Al,

so i am starting the milk diet tomorrow.

Made my Jelly, got my milk and crusha.

Made a batch of family dinners and a batch of post op soup from Carols book.

sorted my wardrobe in order of sizes ( i could open evans i have everything in each size from 28-22 !!! )

i feel organised but also like i’m drowning with emotions.

any advice ……………

katherine x x

vickihayling

Good luck – remember it’s not a real diet – just a few weeks until your new journey can really begin. I crossed off each day with a big black marker on the calendar, which really helped me focus. They key for me was to drink, drink, drink and fill yourself up with fluid. Good luck X

ruby tuesday

Well good luck, will be very exciting post-op to read about your weight loss, and you have certainly been very organised! May I ask what size you are starting from clothes-wize? I know what you mean about emotions, I am a month away from my op now and have been round and round shall I, shan’t I, how will it be afterwards, until I made myself ill with tonsilitis, which I get when stressed!!

Does anyone offer a service to come and fill my freezer up and organise my cupboards and clothes?!! Would be lovely!!

I will only have to do the milk diet for a week- yay! Can you buy coffee flavoured crusha flavouring do you know? x

kathc
    vickihayling wrote:
    Good luck – remember it’s not a real diet – just a few weeks until your new journey can really begin. I crossed off each day with a big black marker on the calendar, which really helped me focus. They key for me was to drink, drink, drink and fill yourself up with fluid. Good luck X

Thanks vikki !

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

kathc
    ruby tuesday wrote:
    Well good luck, will be very exciting post-op to read about your weight loss, and you have certainly been very organised! May I ask what size you are starting from clothes-wize? I know what you mean about emotions, I am a month away from my op now and have been round and round shall I, shan’t I, how will it be afterwards, until I made myself ill with tonsilitis, which I get when stressed!!

Does anyone offer a service to come and fill my freezer up and organise my cupboards and clothes?!! Would be lovely!!

I will only have to do the milk diet for a week- yay! Can you buy coffee flavoured crusha flavouring do you know? x

Hi ruby

I am starting at about 28-30 30 -32 depending on store .

Not sure about crusha coffee flavour
    K

zoz2525

Wow you are well organised. Lots of luck with your milk diet. it will fly by x x

Summer

Good luck Kath I’m sure you will do really well, cant wait to hear all about it when your done 🙂

Summer xxx

Anonymous

fear not…

Anything you can do now leading up to the operation will make things easier and kick start the weight loss.
    Trying to fiind sometime to just relax in the evening isimportant and sharing how your feeling with family will help them understand what your feeling around food.
    Your notice the food ads on telly a bit more. lol…..

But imagine, your heading to the starting line to begin your adventure….

And an amazing adventure it will be….

Scream if you need us. were here for you

buzz xx

ruby tuesday

And I can offer nice 22-24 clothes to you! (Sorry Buzz, not you!!) x

Ruby

kathc

So day 1 ended on a low point I was so fed up with milk couldn’t finish it all went to bed at 730 with the kids I was so hungry and my hubby was at work ( that is my worst time for grazing ….. )

Anyway woke in bad mood this morning dreading the day BUT then I weighed myself 11 lb difference I say difference because yesterday I had trakkies and a t shirt on today was right after shower .

I’m really chuffed now and have revised energy and confidence for the day !!

Thanks for listening just nice to share with ppl I know understand my journey .

Katherine . X x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Wow Kath that is brilliant! No wonder you have renewed vigour for the milk diet. So pleased for you. I remember it well – the feeling of euphoria tinged with disbelief when you get on the scales and watch the pound drop off daily.

Hold on to that feeling, as that is what you will get post op!

Well done x

sonia kidman

Hi Kath

The milk diet isn’t as bad as it sounds also if you save your jelly for the evening and just have a few spoonfulls then put it back in fridge then later do the same its how I manged as I was the worlds worse for snacking at night.

As everyone says drinklots of water also at tea time I found having your stock cube or marmite drink at tea time took away the hunger for the food as the smell of the stock cube helped.

I hope this helps and as Buzz said give us a shout if you need to chat we have all been there I am only 4 months down the line and loving it.
    Enjoy every day as its the best thing you will ever do in your whole life.

Keep in touch
    Sonia x

ruby tuesday

What a morale booster Katherine, wow, that should give you the stamina to plow on through the milk alright!!

miss missy

well done for being so organised.i wasnt at all.after my op didnt have a clue wot i was doing.to be honest i still dont.just feel like i’m winging it.but weight is coming off which is great.just take each day as it comes and each day that goes by is a day closer to the start of your new life.good luck.xx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media