Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

milk diet starts next tuesday

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ANN410

hi all you lovely people, i am getting myself mentally ready to start milk diet next Tuesday, only have to be on it for 7 days..lucky me. best advice would be greatly appreciated, when did you start to take vitamins and which ones did you take, and best place to get them etc thank you Ann x x

Anonymous

Hi Ann,

Spread it out sweetheart,
    Find a place for yourself during meal times so as not to think about what you might be missing out on.
    Bovril drinks are for salt content and make a lovely change…

Sugar free flavorings if you really get bored…..

Get some sugar free gum and chew profusely… it helps with dental hygiene and helps with hunger pangs if your chewing.

Above all, count down the days….

Relax and your be fine…… Thank heavan for cows

Buzz xxx

ANN410

Thank you buzz , x

Irene

Hi Ann,
    OMG It has come round so quickly.
    Best advice….. just embrace the diet and see it as your first tool on this amazing journey. I found having the Bovril drink whilst the family were having dinner best for me and followed with the jelly for pudding if I wanted something. Started taking CENTRIUM (as recommended by the dietician) at start of milk diet. (I get them in Sainsburys)
    Good luck … Keep us updated on your progress and I will see you soon. xx

Sally Bailey
    Participant

Hi Ann

Ah, the milk diet – I remember it well! I actually love milk so found it quite easy to stick to. I also had my bovril dring at dinner time with jelly for ‘pudding’. The savouryness (just made that word up i think!) of the bovril made it feel more like ‘food’.
    Buzz’s suggestion about chewing gum is brilliant – why didn’t I know you then Buzz?!
    I took Sanatogen Gold vitamins and minerals. I have a pre-pay prescription certificate as I have to take regular meds so get them on prescription. I think any of them are good if you take them regularly. Some are even available in liquid form which is marvellous for after the op.
    Sugar free flavourings stop the boredom like the others said but I loved mine as ‘lattes’. My only advice is to still remember to drink plenty of water.
    So exciting, this stage of the journey. Why not keep a journal?
    all the very best
    Sally x

Fenella

Sally I see you are on medication too so did you have to stop any of them for the period around surgery?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media