Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 513 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30152 wrote:

Went to the corner shop again today certainly walking a tiny bit faster . Woke in the early morning with the dreaded stinging whilst having a little wee, a bit strange really, seeing I’m drink about 2 litres a day . I’m going to keep the fluids up and if not gone see the GP tonight .

DEFINITELY see your GP if it is no better. please don’t do what I did and wait (I ended up with pneumonia in addition to a chest infection!) It might be nothing but don’t even risk it for a minute. Please let us know how you get on

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Yeah no cystitis , I had me first bath and put some bubble bath !!!!! . Did a little walk yesterday and then was out from 10 to 1300 did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping and then nails and toes . Bless her she asked who cut my toes nail . (Well it’s very difficult isn’t it to cut your toes nails with a big belly and little arms . ) defiantly a nice time and I’m going back before Christmas . But very tired in the afternoon and neede a nap, when can I Hoover again.

,Iv got my appointment for follow up 14 th of feb to see medics , and 4 th march to see dietitian , I’m ok with surgeons I think that’s about right but the diet ions appointment seems too long to me?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30168 wrote:

Yeah no cystitis , I had me first bath and put some bubble bath !!!!! . Did a little walk yesterday and then was out from 10 to 1300 did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping and then nails and toes . Bless her she asked who cut my toes nail . (Well it’s very difficult isn’t it to cut your toes nails with a big belly and little arms . ) defiantly a nice time and I’m going back before Christmas . But very tired in the afternoon and neede a nap, when can I Hoover again.

,Iv got my appointment for follow up 14 th of feb to see medics , and 4 th march to see dietitian , I’m ok with surgeons I think that’s about right but the diet ions appointment seems too long to me?

The Dietitian appointment is about right Kim. It takes a good few months before the diet may need ‘tweaking’ and will also be after any blood tests you may have. They can highlight any deficiencies which actually take quite a while to develop! As I have typed that, I just realised I haven’t taken my Vitamin D supplement haha!

If you are in any doubt about anything at all, phone your team. I could be totally wrong as I had my bypass five and a half years ago and things could have changed by now (I’m such an old timer haha)

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank Doodah I got chewable multi vitamins and calcium from the Baratric store , thought I treat my self and then get my GP to PX ( I also got vit b12 but not sure if I should take them at the moment ). It’s so interesting feeding ones body to be healthy isn’t it’s like a mind switch.

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s exactly how I felt Kim. It became my ‘pride and joy’ just like a newborn baby. I only wanted to give it good, healthy food. I would actually liken it to giving birth – that immediate sense of protectiveness. Weird eh?

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

It is like given birth Doodah ,my hubby said he can see glimpse of the girl he knew about 15 year ago . He wants to write to Shaw to thanking him for getting his wife back . Oh that’s it I’m crying !! Change the subject .
    Yes went shopping really early to avoid the hoards as I’m a tiny bit worried about being knocked in the tummy at gun wharf . Again I just looked and felt the fabric like you do , but I know not long and then I can buy some beautiful clothes . I’m going to get my grown up children to take me shopping and have told them it’s their turn to treat mum .i found that I needed to be organised went out with my kiddies sports water bottle o ( I drink water now !!!!) and a laughing extra light cheese triangle . Can’t think of another snack that’s can be shoved in a hand bag at this puréed stage . After an hour went to Costa and had a skinny latte small .( thought thiswould cover midday snack and fluids) . I have noticed that I’m walking quicker and my knees are not hurting so much when I get up from a chair ( sorry Doodah big hug xx)
    Cooked smoked haddock today and made a cheese mustard sauce ., mash plus, peas and Broccoli got six portions so froze the rest . I was a bit scared that I dump on the sauce( I haven’t yet ) . But I seem ok . I Put a teaspoon of mustard in the sauce so I didn’t need to use too much light cheddar , made the roué with light margarine . Does any one know another way that doesn’t use fat/ margarine?

Iv been think about how I’m going to manage Christmas lunch . The turkey, veg and potatoes can be mashed / puréed so that’s ok . Been thinking about pudding , and frozen orange skin filled with home made ice cream or frozen cranberry yogurt with a puréed berry sauceThat would beat Christmas pudding . I don’t think I be able to eat a main and pudding ,but I might just like one mouthful. Do you dump on fresh fruit , Iv only tried blueberries bananas so far .
    In the evening home made shrimp cocktail ( shrimps +cottage cheese a bit lemon black pepper and chives blended together ) I will be on the mash/ minced stage
    My lovely friend came up with an ideal for Christmassy drink , watered down cranberry( got light) , with cinnamon and ginger sugar free vanilla and mulled spice powder . Going to try that tonight . I let you know .

treeza

Aww Kim I loved reading this. It’s magical isn’t it! My hubby is the same, he loved me no matter how big I was but he’s loving my transformation! He’s so proud of me as are my sons & lovely Mom it means so much. I know they have been so worried about me & it’s such a relief for them to know I’m going to be more healthy in the future.

I think you are doing amazingly well honey. Keep up the good work. I must say I can only ever manage a very small main course & there is never room for pud of any kind! Although I’m sure if you left it for a while you could have a little something. I find not being able to drink whilst eating. I’m always tempted to take a sip so try not to have a drink near me! I always regret taking that sip!

Keep up the good work. Are you coming to the meeting on 17th? Would be great to meet you. Take care lol x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank Trezza wild horses wouldn’t stop me . Iv just had a funny moment , I don’t think it’s a dump ! But silly didn’t stick to my fluid and eating plan . I’m such a nurse a did a plan to get fluid , food and snacks in . Usually i
    0730 mug tea but mange half
    Stop0800
    0830 breakfast weetabix porridge
    0910 water a mug about half a mug
    1000 stop
    1030 snack milk drink yogurt
    11000 water as much as in can may be Half a mug
    1200 stop
    1230 lunch something frozen taken out the night before.
    1320 water a mug
    1500 milky drink snack
    1530 water
    1700 stop
    1730 dinner
    1810 water tea fluid all time
    2145 milky drink .
    As you can see lots of milk I’m drinking about one and half pints of skimmed milk a day !!
    Except this morning busy didn’t look after my self or stick to it didn’t have milky drink at night and went from 1800 to 1030 before weetabix then was terrible shakes , cold irritable need to lay down . Is that dumping or just too long and my blood sugar just dropped to low? Because after an hour I’m good to go ?

audrasharon

Hi Kimberley, I don’t think you have dumped. It sounds like blood sugar, fluids etc dropped and you paid the price. I guess we will all have a little slip up at some stage. Be glad your is put of the way now. Sounds like your developing a larger job list, with all those healthy goodies you have to make! Take it easy today. Allow yourself time to get over this morning. X

treeza

How’s it going Audra? Not long now & you will be right where we are x take care x

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    How’s it going Audra? Not long now & you will be right where we are x take care x

Hi Treeza, not bad, day 4 and back to normal although I weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost 9 lbs already! Have been very active though over last few days ( when the migraines allowed) just about got Christmas wrapped up ( excuse the pun.) so feeling ready. How’s the cd any better? X

Kimberly
    Participant

That’s amazing Audra . How much have you lost all together since you started the first milk diet ?

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank Audra I didn’t think it was dumping felt more blood sugar ? Iv had fasting blood done prior to WLS , prior to surgery perhaps I should phone for the results . I wonder if that’s why I’m waking up around 3/4 in the morning , I just put it down to post anaesthetics ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

You are all doing SO well. It makes me very, very happy I can tell you!

Kim, I think it’s possible that it might have been a combination of slight dumping and low blood sugar as they are sort of the two ends of the same thing. If you already had low blood sugar from going too long without anything then, there is more chance of you dumping on what you eat. Dumping has almost the same symptoms as low blood sugar despite being caused by too much sugar/carbs at once due to the bypass. Most people say they shake, feel cold, have palpitations and need to lie down until it passes when dumping. However, everyone is totally different. I get the racing heart and the shakes but I very rarely have to lie down. So, what all this waffling is trying to say is, phone for your results to rule out any blood sugar issues!

I’m so proud of you all. I KNOW how hard all of this can be and you are all coping admirably. Well done my lovelies 😉

Doodah X

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank Doodah thought I had urine infection sorted but no it’s lingering so got an appointment this morning, and will find out about fasting bloods .
    The water down Christmas alternative drink needed a little tweaking , Ina mug half water then mixture of low cranberry and low orange juice . Either a small stick if cinnamon and tiny bit of fresh ginger . Then sweeten to taste . In using the French vanilla syrup from the Baratric store gently heat then place a lid on small pan to let the spices infuse . It’s really nice .
    Tried making ice cream but the machine we borrowed from a friend was broke . It’s 1 pint so skimmed milk , 4 tablespoon of skimmed milk powder and the French vanilla syrup sweetened to taste . Tried to do it by hand but really just a solid lump , was going to throw it away. Then brain wave used some semi frozen milky stuff on weetabix . Oh my what an indulgent breakfast plus extra protein.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media