Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 513 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 31526 wrote:

So here to this week all of us being good to our self , and we got group,Thursday which I have to say I love xx

Oh, so do I Kim. I really look forward to it. A few hours with friends and like minded company. What could be nicer – especially now the nice weather is coming and we could go for a little drinkie afterwards 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Shall I drive as I’m on tea for a yaer lol

Hi Kimberly!
    Thank you for your reply-you are such an inspiration to me. You are so right about what you say about the positives and negatives! For sure things change for us and the people around us don’t understand what it is like for us.
    I’m actually having a much better day today and yesterday because my energy returned for a while and I wrote down how I felt. This seemed to lift my spirits!
    I know I wasn’t going to find it easy which is why I researched it for so long.
    This is not buyers remorse- I’m just sad cos I’m so tired I haven’t even thought about the food side much cos I’m eating off the menu suggestions. I’m never hungry I just miss looking foreword to eating something.
    You are working through your positivity and I am doing the same. I need to keep busy and get my old routien back.
    The weight loss is steady and now that I’ve lost a chunk of the weight I feel so much better.
    The weather effects me and the sunshine lately has been lovely- we even had a barbi in the garden on Sunday for my boys!
    I am really looking foreword to seeing everyone on Thursday- hope you can come!
    I know that this surgery is fabulous for us as we can do so much more having had it done!
    Life is good for us we bless every day that our son is coupling well and living independently with a support team having recently been diagnosed with hebefrenic schitsophrenia, which is devestating to us all. I am his main carer and he has support too, which allows me to breath!!
    That in itself is hard to deal with, it’s always on my mind.
    He is such a gentle boy, 30! So talented and now he has that to live with…
    He has his family he is lucky.
    Keep up the fabulous work on yourself- I bet I notice a big difference when I see you.
    Julie xxxx

Hi Audrasharon!
    6 stone+ !!
    That is incredible- I am delighted for you, you must feel so much better?
    My main problem is struggling with energy and the ole constipation sometimes but that seems to be a bit better at the moment!
    I am looking foreword- it’s such a transitional stage at the moment, I just have to take one day at a time.
    Trouble is I want it feel amazingly fabulous every day- which i don’t- but I do on good energy days.
    So I’m working on it.
    I am so glad I have had the surgery .
    I hope you will be at the next meeting on Thursday .
    You are doing SO WELL!!!!
    Julie xxxx

Hi Doodah!
    I hope you are resting up and feel better soon after working with all of these boxes!!!
    Julie xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Julie you are doing so well , and I know it’s difficult for you but if you ever need to talk just in box me .i wished you lived closer I could get you to have a chat with my good friend who son iin the same situation as you , their 10 years down the line . I’m coming to group on Thursday , I’m hoping my friend daughter turns up .
    I just got to get over this UTI I’m missing aqua aerobics . And I fancy Zumba , but some one said it really hard .
    I been looking on you tube and trying it out in my front room

Hi Kimberly!
    Thank you for your reply and invite to in box you .
    You can me too anytime.
    He is sorted now, after an 18 month stay in hospital. He has worked so hard on himself and we are very proud of him.
    We were with him all the way.
    It was a daily nightmare!
    I hope your friends daughter comes too, I think that the group will help her.
    I hope you are feeling ok after these nasty antibiotics!
    Can’t wait yo see your progress!
    Juliexxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31542 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    I hope you are resting up and feel better soon after working with all of these boxes!!!
    Julie xxx

You’re such an angel Julie. Always thinking of others. My situation is fully resolvable so I’m fine with it. It’s the things in life over which we have no control that have the ability to hurt us the most. I am thankful for my blessings and try not to dwell on the negatives. It is such a waste of time and effort as it cannot change anything! This will make you laugh though. Almost had a meltdown this morning because I can’t find my hair straighteners lol! RIDICULOUS! Utterly pathetic. When I think of what some of you guys have had to put up with (and members of my own family) I feel ashamed for getting so strung up about it. However, it is very often the little things that push over the edge when we have huge obstacles to overcome.

This really is YOU time now Julie. Don’t feel bad about it. You deserve and have earned it 🙂

Doodah x

clairec

Hi to you all,
    I do hope that you are all feeling a little better by now. Doodah you sound like you have so much to do, no wonder your body doesn’t like it. As you say it is the little things that push us all over the edge and hair straighteners would do it! Kim I hope that you are feeling a bit better now. Sharon you sound like you are doing so well, you must be thrilled.

Julie, it was so good to talk to you on Friday. You are doing so well too but it is early days for both of us. I am sorry to hear about your son but you are clearly so proud of him. My approach is to celebrate every small success. I am experimenting with new foods and have had no real disasters. They are always pending though, and things can get a bit stuck and bowels can play up. I haven’t been sick though and haven’t dumped, and those are my real worries. I do not like feeling so tired and so lightheaded, I am used to having masses of energy. However, things are not going badly at all and I am trying to be as positive as possible about small things every day.

I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night and tonight I am seeing a new (to me) dietician and nurse because the Basingstoke service is just being set up again. Seeing them will be helpful I am sure.

Take care all of you
    Claire x

audrasharon

Hi Claire, it sounds like your doing great, the lightheadedness is a bummer but apparently it does get better. It’s good your trying new foods it stop you getting board and means your moving forward. I hope I make the meeting tomorrow but I have a parents evening and if they are running late I won’t be able to make it. Hope to see you tomorrow. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

The straighteners have been found! However, I now seem to have mislaid my Sat Nav. Grrrr. It’s certainly not urgent but it will play on my mind!

Looking forward to spending a bit of time away from the madness tomorrow night!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Xx have a nice cup of tea

Hi Claire!
    Wow! You are doing very well- each week it will get easier for us. I’m feeling really well and my energy is still with me. I’m very happy about that!
    I am trying different foods too and so far with reasonable success!
    I’m looking foreword to seeing you and everyone at the meeting.
    Julie xx

Doodah,
    You are wonderful!
    You always make us smile!!
    You must be sooo tired now after your house move!
    Looking foreword to seeing you tomorrow!
    Get some rest,
    Julie xxxx

Hi Kimberly,
    A cuppa is so comforting!!!
    I hope you are well on the way to feeling better.
    I hope you are having a good day!
    See you tomorrow I hope,
    Julie xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media