Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 513 total)
  • Author

Hi Kimberly!
    So glad that your mum is feeling better and is on the mend!
    I’m delighted with my wt loss to date- but I do walk for an hour each day .
    I’ve been so careful what I was eating in the very early days, but now I will try and eat other foods and try some milk for the protein hit!
    Funny how I fancy an egg!!!
    Keep working at it – you are doing an eggcellent job- yer, it’s on the brain- will have that 1 egg omelette soon!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Julie xxx

Hi Audra Sharon!
    I’m doing great I think.
    I’m very well.
    How are you doing??
    I’m hoping you can make the next meeting – it will be lovely to see you!
    2 stones off for me so far- ill shout it out to the world!!!
    Feel much better, but I still feel a blob.
    Can’t believe I’m 1 month out tomorrow!!!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Julie xxx

Hi Doodah!
    I hope things are going very well for you.
    I’ve eaten only very good food as recommended but if I increase my food intake slightly and start introducing other foods like I haven’t had any low fat cheese except in cheesy mash once or twice, yet and I am looking foreword to it, now I’m about to start the mashed stage…yippee!!
    I’ll do it all slowly- I’ve made some home made stage 2 food : butter bean casserole with veggies all labeled in the freezer individually portioned and some lentil and pearl barley casserole too. Honestly it looks so thick I don’t know if it will go down ok!
    It tastes great though!
    And of course the invaluable book from Carol Ball with the lovely quickie meal suggestions for each stage- I’ll happily live off that in me likkle ramekin dish! I’ve not much to complain about have I?
    I’m keeping busy in a gentle way- and organised as much as I can- resting when I need to.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    See you at the next meeting,
    Julie xxxx

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    I try to measure with a ramekin as I have eyes bigger than my pouch ! It’s weirded some days I can eat more than others , I have kind of relaxed and just go with the flow . I drink milk to help with my protein . Julia nad Claire your doing fantastic . as are you Audra xx mum bounced back amazing woman last week she was really at death door , she now out of bed walking , and now moaning at me !!!! A good sign she on the mend . She has 9 lives[/QUOTE

That’s great news Kim. Hope your starting to feel better yourself it’s hard living on a knife edge! You should be so proud of your self! X

audrasharon
    830830 wrote:
    Hi Audra Sharon! I’m doing great I think. I’m very well. How are you doing?? I’m hoping you can make the next meeting – it will be lovely to see you! 2 stones off for me so far- ill shout it out to the world!!! Feel much better, but I still feel a blob. Can’t believe I’m 1 month out tomorrow!!! Have a lovely weekend, Julie xxx

It’s been a really busy week for me this week but it’s all gone ok. 2 stone! Fantastic!! Looking forward to the meeting. I’m off to work now. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi guys. It’s so wonderful to read how well things are going for you all. It really perks me up when I feel like I’m drowning in boxes lol! I literally am at the moment. My desk is obscured by boxes that need ‘making up’.

Survived a week without Marmite already. Only another seven to go!!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi Julie how are you doing ? Hope your managing different food ? How the walking ?

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi Clare how it going you must be coming up to a month nearly now ? Are you able to eat different food yet ? ,

Kimberly
    Participant

I had a bad weekend I let myself get constipated all my own doing , I wasn’t looking after me and falling into the trap of looking after every one else . I could kick my self right up the backside but it would hurt .I have been so blessed with this WLS that has changed my life I didn’t stay on the golden path and it’ just self neglect again . I didn’t eating small meals every four hours and neglected my fluid intake , when I worked I didn’t have time to eat or drink sometimes for 6/8 hours and that’s bad .
    So after shifting my back log on Saturday , my tummy has been hurting all weekend , and it’s all my own making . It’s because I feel so much healthier and fitter after my bypass , but I forgot I’m still not four month out of it so advice to self be kind look after your self drink fluids .

Hi Kimberly!
    Iv been ok just gone into myself a bit and have been wondering what to say on the forum. I check in every day to see how everyone is doing. I do hope you can eat more regularly and remember to put yourself first.
    The realisation of what I have done to myself is beginning to set in and some days I have low energy which gets me down.
    Life is good, but all that how I used to be has gone, I feel that I am being governed by drinking and eating timings, and eating new things are quite scarey. I am being very careful.

Kimberly
    Participant

Julia it’s gets better honestly it’s still very early days still , your still healing . I think as well as physical healing inside we also have to heal our psychi . Adjusting to how our body changing , dealing with head hunger ( bummer) , how friends and family change to us. Well that what Been happening to me , some people don’t even mention my weight loss.
    . I wouldn’t change a thing about surgery , but it’s not the easy path as the Generale public think . I try to think every time I eat is this good for my body , that a big change in my thinking , from live to eat , to eat to live . I still have to chalange my negative thoughts about how I think everyday. I have to keep telling my self this isn’t about losing pounds it’s about being healthy . I have to chalange this all the time . I find keeping away from the scales is the better for me , otherwise it has negative effects on my psychi. an example is, I’m think I lose weight more slowly than others then this makes me sad , I have to chalang this it’s false idea I know I’m losing weight at the right amount of time for my body the surgeons have told me , and their the expert not me. And I’m wearing smaller trousears .,
    I find writing a list of all the things you can do now helpful and all the positives physical differences I noticed helps me .every tiny positive step forward is a win win situation . Because our brain struggles to keep up with our body , Put on an old piece of clothing you had before surgery for a morning it’s an instant high .

audrasharon
    830830 wrote:
    Hi Kimberly! Iv been ok just gone into myself a bit and have been wondering what to say on the forum. I check in every day to see how everyone is doing. I do hope you can eat more regularly and remember to put yourself first. The realisation of what I have done to myself is beginning to set in and some days I have low energy which gets me down. Life is good, but all that how I used to be has gone, I feel that I am being governed by drinking and eating timings, and eating new things are quite scarey. I am being very careful.

Oh Julie, Kim is right it will change. I’m just over 3 month now and although you have to an ahead it’s do much easier! I’ve been luck I can eat everything I try and the potions are a little bigger now. My energy levels are now far better than they ever were. But until the body heals that won’t be the case I’ve lost 6.2 stone now and me now to at your stage is sooooo different. Keep the faith and keep moving forward. Just you wait great things are coming! X

Kimberly
    Participant

@Kimberly 30978 wrote:

I have been wearing my old size24 trousears which are so big I have been tucking the waist band into my bra , plus baggy knickers . I was beginning to get worried I would walk out if my trousears and knickers in the supermarket . My friend made me buy trousears I though I should get 22 but she made me buy size20 ( I still can’t bear trying on things ) I thought they fit next month .but they fit now . Amazing as I have always been as queen said a fat bottom girl . Tomorrow it’s new knickers

My new size 20 trousears are too big !!!!!!! And it’s only 4 weeks so brought 18 ands 16 !!!!!! I now think I might be a size 16 by the summer ,

Lauren
    Keymaster

I too have neglected myself over the past three days, so don’t beat yourself up too much guys.

In the past three days I have eaten the following: Two slices of toast, one round of egg sandwiches and one slice of thin crust veggie pizza. I have tried to run my body at 200% on that and guess what – this morning I have literally run out of steam. I have kept up my fluid levels with plenty of tea (as usual!) but I’m now SO SLOW and in so much pain, I have had to dig out my walking stick again. However, it will pass. It’s just a blip. Such is life – and ever shall it be.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

So here to this week all of us being good to our self , and we got group,Thursday which I have to say I love xx

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media