Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 513 total)
  • Author

Way to go Kimberly!
    You make me laugh!!
    I bet you are looking amazing!!
    I was not feeling at all well yesterday, too many visitors, too stressful and I did too much! I felt very uncomfortable in my tum.
    Going to take it really easy today!
    Don’t think I need my pain killers anymore, they made me feel vile!
    Just going to sip and sit and watch telly.
    Feel like crying don’t know why.
    It’s all too much!
    Must be the blues!!
    Opp went text book style and Mr Pring was very happy!
    Eating was so hard yesterday I worry about that weeny intake of food- all be it good stuff.
    Dreading eating today, hope I get over it.
    3 eating occasions is all I can manage- no snax yet.
    Feeling light headed- so used to being Independant- everything I do for myself takes sooo long.
    Sent hubby to work today – he has been fantastic- just want the peace and quiet!
    Anyway that’s my update and moan!
    Of course I am still delighted just wanna feel a bit better than this and see some sunshine to lift the heart!!(don’t we all!)
    Julie xxx

Hi Claierc !
    How are you?
    We are all thinking about you and looking out for your posts!
    Look after yourself!
    Julie xx

audrasharon

Julie, just remember not to expect to much of

audrasharon

(Sorry finger trouble) yourself. It’s early days and it takes time. I still don’t have a food snack in between my 3 meals. I just have my protein shake that I make and have half mid morning and mid afternoon, your doing great and this time next week you will feel completely different again! X

I know I know!
    I want to run before I can walk!
    So pleased for you that you can now wear smaller sized clothes!
    It must take a while to get used to that fact!
    Carry on with the good work, you are such an inspiration to us!
    Iv lost my first stone what with the milk diet and 5 days post opp!
    Julie xx

treeza

Oh Kim you do make me laugh. Sounds like you really needed those new size 20 trousers. Yay 🙂 x it a good job your trousers didn’t fall down as you were walking along. I’ve also just gone into size 20. Amazed my self by fitting into a dress & skirt I ordered thinking they would fit in a month or two! Well done Hun x

Julie sounds like post op blues. Eating will get easier. You rest up today & we will all hope & pray that the sun will shine sometime soon x lots of love & gentle hugs xxx

Claire I hope everything went ok yesterday & they have kept you comfortable. We have all moved up the losers bench for you. Welcome to the other side. Take care xxx

Lots of love to you all xxx

treeza

Audra you are doing so well 5 stone in 2 months! Wow 🙂 you must be feeling great x hope to see & meet you next week at the support group x take care xxx

clairec

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry that you had a bad day yesterday, i do hope that feel better today with more rest. Do take care.

Well i am doing great!!! My op was about 2.30 yesterday afternoon in the end and i wasn’t really aware of the time until about 7.30. I do remember vague things from recovery, but not a lot. Initially in HDU, and ithin in recovery i had some pain, not much really but it increased my feelings of nausea. The nausea increased my pain and i hate feeling sick. They got it all sorted very quickly though and i wasn’t sick at all. Then at about 9pm i suddenly felt better. I could communicate, and smile, and felt sooo much better. By 10 i had got up for a pee, and again at about 1am then i got up for a full wash at 5am and have been up sitting in a chair since. No heavy duty painkillers since 1am, just paracetamol at 8am. Oxygen off, no catheter or drain, just a drip still there.

For those coming after me, the pain, for me at least, has been fine after the first couple of hours, no gas pain at all, just backache and a little discomfort across by upper abdomen. Have been tolerating 60 mls an hour of ice water all night and Shaw Somers has just come round and i am on free fluids now. Hope to go back to my room in an hour or two.

So i am doing really well, so far, thanks for all your pisitive thoughts, i am now furmly on the losers bench with you all. You are all so great, it is wonderful to be sharing this with you.

Take care Julie and happy shopping Kim!
    Claire x

treeza

Oh Claire I’m so glad all went well & your doing great. Keep up the good work. Take care x

Hi Clairec!
    I truly am delighted for you !
    You too are now on the other side!!
    It is all amazing!
    We are so pleased to hear from you and you are doing very well indeed!
    Like you today, I will be getting plenty of rest- we need it!
    Look after yourself,
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 30981 wrote:

Way to go Kimberly!
    You make me laugh!!
    I bet you are looking amazing!!
    I was not feeling at all well yesterday, too many visitors, too stressful and I did too much! I felt very uncomfortable in my tum.
    Going to take it really easy today!
    Don’t think I need my pain killers anymore, they made me feel vile!
    Just going to sip and sit and watch telly.
    Feel like crying don’t know why.
    It’s all too much!
    Must be the blues!!
    Opp went text book style and Mr Pring was very happy!
    Eating was so hard yesterday I worry about that weeny intake of food- all be it good stuff.
    Dreading eating today, hope I get over it.
    3 eating occasions is all I can manage- no snax yet.
    Feeling light headed- so used to being Independant- everything I do for myself takes sooo long.
    Sent hubby to work today – he has been fantastic- just want the peace and quiet!
    Anyway that’s my update and moan!
    Of course I am still delighted just wanna feel a bit better than this and see some sunshine to lift the heart!!(don’t we all!)
    Julie xxx

Definitely the post op blues my lovely.

Please try not to be too independent until you absolutely have to. remember what Auntie Doodah says – be kind to YOURSELF! Imagine how much your husband wants to be kind to you? Let him! You would do it a million times over for him, right? Let yourself be the most important thing in your life at the moment. Independence will come I promise but in the meantime. let those who love and care for you do just that.

Why not spend some time browsing through some travel brochures? Maybe book a holiday in the sun? You deserve it and it will give you something to look forward to and plan for.

You are doing fabulously. You come on here and rant every hour if you need to. We are ALL here to help you xx

Doodah x

audrasharon
    830830 wrote:
    I know I know! I want to run before I can walk! So pleased for you that you can now wear smaller sized clothes! It must take a while to get used to that fact! Carry on with the good work, you are such an inspiration to us! Iv lost my first stone what with the milk diet and 5 days post opp! Julie xx

Thanks Julie. It’s going to get so much better and over a stone gone already! X

audrasharon

Fantastic Claire! Just remember you do still need to rest even though your feeling good. So glad your the other side! Hope to see you soon. Rest up. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@clairec 30988 wrote:

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry that you had a bad day yesterday, i do hope that feel better today with more rest. Do take care.

Well i am doing great!!! My op was about 2.30 yesterday afternoon in the end and i wasn’t really aware of the time until about 7.30. I do remember vague things from recovery, but not a lot. Initially in HDU, and ithin in recovery i had some pain, not much really but it increased my feelings of nausea. The nausea increased my pain and i hate feeling sick. They got it all sorted very quickly though and i wasn’t sick at all. Then at about 9pm i suddenly felt better. I could communicate, and smile, and felt sooo much better. By 10 i had got up for a pee, and again at about 1am then i got up for a full wash at 5am and have been up sitting in a chair since. No heavy duty painkillers since 1am, just paracetamol at 8am. Oxygen off, no catheter or drain, just a drip still there.

For those coming after me, the pain, for me at least, has been fine after the first couple of hours, no gas pain at all, just backache and a little discomfort across by upper abdomen. Have been tolerating 60 mls an hour of ice water all night and Shaw Somers has just come round and i am on free fluids now. Hope to go back to my room in an hour or two.

So i am doing really well, so far, thanks for all your pisitive thoughts, i am now furmly on the losers bench with you all. You are all so great, it is wonderful to be sharing this with you.

Take care Julie and happy shopping Kim!
    Claire x

Claire, that’s FANTASTIC! I’m so, so happy for you. Isn’t it wonderful to see the surgeon afterwards and to be told that it all went beautifully? That, for me, was the beauty of Streamline and the whole team – the continuity of care. Friendly faces and genuine care makes for happy patients that recover sooner.

Hope you have a super, positive day today….you big loser you! Both my lovely support group ladies (you and Julie) safely though surgery in a week – One very happy Doodah!!

xx

Kimberly
    Participant

Claire that’s amazing so you know the drill get up walking to get out of theirs ASAP ha ha. Well if your like me I even stripped the bed down ( didn’t wash it though) before the consultant round lol . Try and keep up pain meds just in case you have a break through but then hands up I’m terrible with pain .
    Julie it’s normal to be a bit emotional it’s good to have a really good cry . You had big drugs in your system and your body just had major surgery . In fact I get a bit high after surgery, and started hoovering 3 day post op until the matron shouted at me ( my bossy daughter ) which on reflection is a bit mad .
    Audra way to go you skinny yummy mummy . Not long and it be the size12 jeans I’m so pleased for you .
    I went to they gym today and swam 16 length . I can’t believe Iv done that it’s amazing and then I had a meeting with this cardiac personal trainner and I have lost 15 lbs in 4 weeks. The only thing is I struggle to eat after I have done any exercise for about four hours , now never done any exercise before is this normal . I tried a skinny coffee but my pouch ached a tiny bit . Remember I’m a wimp .

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media