Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 513 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

I may not make it to the harrow group on Thursday. It all depends on my Sister’s movements/needs. Plus the weather situation of course as I would have to drive back on my own in the dark through some problem areas flooding wise.

Not long now Claire. Very Best of British my lovely. Be kind to yourself and listen to your body 🙂

Doodah x

clairec

Thanks very much for that reassurance. I thought you were very calm even when you were going through it. I thought that you mud have a lot of confidence in the surgical team and a positive problem solving approach to life’s little glitches. I wonder how frequently people go to HDU? 5 stone lost wow! I am glad that not everyone attends group beforehand.
    All this support is such a help, thanks so much again
    See you next week hopefully
    Claire

@audrasharon 30957 wrote:

Hi Claire I didn’t go to a meeting pre op. I like you followed others. You will be very welcome so don’t worry. I can honestly say my little mishap has made no difference to my recovery! In fact I’ve been very lucky looking back. I’m 8 weeks post op tomorrow I’ve lost 5 stone from my heaviest, I’ve gone from a size 28 to size 20. I’ve made over £120 selling old clothes. Me and the family haven’t been happier! Down side is the heating bills! I’m always bloody cold. Not a big prize to pay especially as my husband pays the bills!!!! 🙂 your going to be great wait and see. C

Kimberly
    Participant

Claire we will all be rooting for you tomorrow , just keep up with the pain medication it keeping up the pain levels , although honestly it didn’t hurt much and I’m the biggest baby on the planet and I’m not joking . Just. Remember that you need to be kind to your self and that means resting lots sleeping and drinking lots of fluids xxxx . See you on the loser bench xxx

audrasharon
    clairec wrote:
    Thanks very much for that reassurance. I thought you were very calm even when you were going through it. I thought that you mud have a lot of confidence in the surgical team and a positive problem solving approach to life’s little glitches. I wonder how frequently people go to HDU? 5 stone lost wow! I am glad that not everyone attends group beforehand. All this support is such a help, thanks so much again See you next week hopefully Claire

Your more than welcome. Your be doing the same for someone soon enough just like someone did for me! It’s not uncommon to go to HDU for 24 hrs or if your Kim you get spoiled and stay there till you go home! 🙂 it’s not scary it’s reassuring. I didn’t go to HDU but the staff to patient ratio is great which always makes for that little extra in care. If you have a PCA (patient controlled analgesia) make sure you use it or have regular morphine in the first 36-48 hrs I did and when it came down 36 hrs later I only had one dose of paracetamol, I really was comfortable other than a bit of wind. Good luck and look forward to hearing from you. X

treeza

Will be thinking of you Claire, don’t worry about the HDU bit you will be very well looked after & it’s only as a precaution I’m sure. Audra is so right take any analgesia they offer in first few hours then it’s fine. Take care x be kind to yourself. This time tom it should be all over & you will be on the losers bench with us x lol xx

clairec

Hi Kim, Audra and Treeza,
    Thanks so much you are all brilliant. i think most of you are nurses or in health care in some way, I am a nurse too. It is different when you are on the receiving end though. When I had a hysterectomy in the pas I went straight from Morphine in the PCA and when it tissued 24 hours later I didn’t seem to need anything really, like Audra. I will keep pushing the button preemptively to stop it building up. I am more concerned about nausea etc but I am now aiming to be like Kim, go straight home from HDU! I will posting on here as soon as I am reunited with my iPad and although it is difficult to see to the other side of surgery, it is only next week until I meet you all.
    Thanks a million and take care
    Claire xxx

treeza

Wow all 4 nurses! It often doesn’t help as we know to much & can often try run before we can walk! I will be thinking of you tom. See you on the other side x

audrasharon

Ha ha! Teaching you to suck eggs then Claire! Sorry. If this is a new Nurse trend I’m glad I’m part of it. X

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi Claire the good thing about HUD and ITU is that their. A medic close by who will write up anti nausea drugs . I found ITU brilliant was really spoilt . Iv paratectomol was brilliant .

clairec

Oh great all four of us nurses, yes we can expect too much of ourselves and know too much really! An upside of ITU/HDU i hadn’t thought of, better nausea control, thanks Kim. Can i have my phone/iPad though!.? Hopefully they will be able to position me ok during the op because my back problems can’t afford to get any worse. I will mention that and the nausea when i go in tomorrow.
    Thanks again
    Claire x

treeza

They pad you out with pillows. I’ve got a bad back (the joys of nursing!) & don’t remember waking up hurting. I hope they use the booties on you they are amazing. The massage you legs. I wanted to take them home with me x take care Claire. I hope you sleep well tonight & safe journey tomorrow. Big hugs xxx

clairec

Thanks Treeza,
    Yes the bootees have been mentioned so that’s good. As you say the joys of nursing, I never actually knowingly hurt it at the time I was actively nursing but we didn’t use hoists then and I think that started the problem. Interestingly it was after some years of taking blood at a difficult angle that the symptoms started, followed by years of carrying too much heavy stuff as a lecturer. Now it is an overall big degeneration of the spine and herniated discs so it is reassuring that you didn’t wake up with any increased back problems.

I am now up at 4.30 completing pre interview exercises for a module I am applying to teach. I wasn’t sleeping anyway and it has to be done by next Monday and with the post op fuzziness and everything else, it seemed like doing more on it now made sense and I can relax a bit more afterwards which would be a load off my mind. After all I will be sleeping later anyway!

I will let you know how it goes
    Thanks so much again
    Claire x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck Claire. We are all thinking of you 😀

Doodah xx

Kimberly
    Participant

I have been wearing my old size24 trousears which are so big I have been tucking the waist band into my bra , plus baggy knickers . I was beginning to get worried I would walk out if my trousears and knickers in the supermarket . My friend made me buy trousears I though I should get 22 but she made me buy size20 ( I still can’t bear trying on things ) I thought they fit next month .but they fit now . Amazing as I have always been as queen said a fat bottom girl . Tomorrow it’s new knickers

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    I have been wearing my old size24 trousears which are so big I have been tucking the waist band into my bra , plus baggy knickers . I was beginning to get worried I would walk out if my trousears and knickers in the supermarket . My friend made me buy trousears I though I should get 22 but she made me buy size20 ( I still can’t bear trying on things ) I thought they fit next month .but they fit now . Amazing as I have always been as queen said a fat bottom girl . Tomorrow it’s new knickers[/QUOTE

Feels great doesn’t it! Your doing so well, where will we be next year? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media