Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 513 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #51220
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    http://www.knorr.co.uk/product/category/392201/stock-cubes?WT.srch=1&gclid=CKTy2rWu4boCFWTHtAodYjAAeg

    Some new flavours like fish, ham and pork. Still looking for curry!

    #51221
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Imana Super Stock Curry Flavour Cubes – Your South African Shop in the UK South African Food Biltong Boerewors

    BINGO! My South African cousin sent me them. This is a SA shop but it is based in the UK. Biltong (dried beef strips) are also fab as they take AGES to eat and are packed with low fat protein. Being veggie, I didn’t have them but I know many other wls patients have and love them.

    Hope this is helpful 😉

    Doodah x

    #51475
    treeza
    Member

    As a Zimbabwean I LOVE biltong so glad I can have it! SA shop here I come x :0)x

    #51222
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Yay! We have many lovely SA friends on here and at support groups. My family live in Vereeniging (sorry if that is spelt wrong!) I have not visited though as I have not been able to do long haul flights until now! My first one was to the Maldives last year for our 30th wedding anniversary!

    So glad you will be able to have some of your favourites treeza 😉

    Doodah x

    #51350
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Can you eat beef strips on milk diet ? That Baratric mega stores syrup is wonderful . Loving banna . They even got baileys .
    Carole book return to slender arrived . This was helpful lots of ideas for different stages I would recommend them both .

    Saw my new GP , just thought I should meet her prior to surgery and to review my meds , they haven’t seen me for 5 months!. , she okish not really interested , discussed my medication and the changes after surgery ( wants me to take aspirin ???????) she only wants me to have a fasting blood done prior to WLS !!! That water , or black tea 12 hours before . Ahhhhh
    But they only have blood test appointments at 1100. .

    #51351
    Kimberly
    Participant

    8 days and counting . Feel like an astronaut with all the pre surgery excitement , worry , . I’m fighting hard at the negative thoughts , I’ve decided I’ve have really considered WLS the advantages and complication for about three years , so I’m not going to keep going over that old chestnut it only keeps me in a negative holding circle . So I’m going to look forward to the future and I’m sooooo excited , can’t wait to go shopping , my lovely friend and daughter are fighting to go clothes shopping with me . I’m going to cycle around H M S Daedalus , go on cruises . And we might go traveling around in a camper van .

    #51223
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Kimberly 29932 wrote:

    8 days and counting . Feel like an astronaut with all the pre surgery excitement , worry , . I’m fighting hard at the negative thoughts , I’ve decided I’ve have really considered WLS the advantages and complication for about three years , so I’m not going to keep going over that old chestnut it only keeps me in a negative holding circle . So I’m going to look forward to the future and I’m sooooo excited , can’t wait to go shopping , my lovely friend and daughter are fighting to go clothes shopping with me . I’m going to cycle around H M S Daedalus , go on cruises . And we might go traveling around in a camper van .

    YAY! Just say no to negativity!

    I have also always wanted to go travelling in a camper van! Europe first then who knows!? My parents did it in a VW many years ago and said it was one of the best things they have ever done. They showed me photos of them camped at the bottom of the Eiger in Switzerland with the sun rising behind it at dawn – utterly magical.

    Are you still coming on Thursday? So looking forward to meeting you. I met another newbie on here last night in Harrow. It’s fantastic to put a face to the name in ‘real’ life. 🙂

    Doodah x

    #51352
    Kimberly
    Participant

    My husband wants to get a van when he retires and go around Tour de France and other races cheering them on.
    He coming as well on Thursday , loving Baratric mega stores sugar free syrups order more , thought they will be u
    Useful when on fluid stage . She recommends protein powder , but I noticed you just add milk powder . Do you know
    What the team recommend .
    I haven’t seen a dietian since may also how long is follow up provided for ?

    #51353
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Sorry iPad had a funny moment

    #51354
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Really looking forward to meeting you lovely people . Hubby coming too

    #51224
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Kimberly 29936 wrote:

    Really looking forward to meeting you lovely people . Hubby coming too

    That’s brilliant Kim. It’s vital that supporters/family/friends/partners are included as much as possible as they have to learn all the new ways of doing things too!

    My husband still asks me if I want a drink with my dinner though…..bless him! FIVE YEARS LATER!!

    Doodah x

    #51355
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Was ok until about 7 this evening then felt shaky. Ii didn’t drink enough milk today as I was out shopping , ok with fluids , just drank paint of banana milk shake felling a limitless bit better . I’m day 5 of the diet

    #51225
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Kimberly 29945 wrote:

    Was ok until about 7 this evening then felt shaky. Ii didn’t drink enough milk today as I was out shopping , ok with fluids , just drank paint of banana milk shake felling a limitless bit better . I’m day 5 of the diet

    Oh dear. Glad you are feeling a bit better. just goes to show how much we need the milk though doesn’t it? Fluids are vital but we also need some proper nourishment.

    What did you buy? Sorry to be such a big GIRL haha! I love all the girly stuff like new clothes and shoes. i think we make up for (often) a life time of not being interested in how we look.

    Doodah x

    ps Can’t wait to see you on thursday. We have another newbie coming too so it will be great for you to be able ask lots of questions from us old timers haha!

    Doodah x

    #51356
    Kimberly
    Participant

    I’m ok to day and just done fasting blood for cholesterole and glucose . But had pint milk diet and my tea . Can cope with most things but I really love tea . .
    Did some Christmas shopping for family . Being prepared as I’m not sure when I be up for walking around the shops after wls. My lovely daughter can’t wait until I start buying clothes .

    #51226
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Kimberly 29959 wrote:

    I’m ok to day and just done fasting blood for cholesterole and glucose . But had pint milk diet and my tea . Can cope with most things but I really love tea . .
    Did some Christmas shopping for family . Being prepared as I’m not sure when I be up for walking around the shops after wls. My lovely daughter can’t wait until I start buying clothes .

    Glad you are feeling better.

    Have to tell you that at my consultation with Shaw Somers I asked him ‘Will I have to give up tea or marmite?’ Of course, he said I wouldn’t but it might have been a deal breaker haha!

    Clothes shopping has become a bit of an addiction to me I’m afraid. And shoes. And bags….aaaarrrgh! I simply tell myself I am making up for lost time – bingo! Fully justified 😉 It is no coincidence that the South Coast Support Group is being held at Gunwharf Quays!

    Doodah x

    Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media