Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 513 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

No it wouldn’t bother me but I did like meat and fish , but in the end it’s only food and if I have to become a vegetarian that would be fine , I just have to sniff bacon butties lol

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30454 wrote:

No it wouldn’t bother me but I did like meat and fish , but in the end it’s only food and if I have to become a vegetarian that would be fine , I just have to sniff bacon butties lol

I found it very easy to give up animal protein as I already didn’t eat fish or pork. I found bacon quite difficult to resist until we went to stay on a farm many, many years ago. My husband was cooking bacon and all the little piggies started squealing! It was probably sheer chance that the two things coincided but it made a huge impact on me. I have not eaten pork for 30 years (I discovered that pigs are more intelligent than dogs!) and fish since I was 5 when it was became obvious that I was allergic.

Anyway, if you are willing to give up meat then I personally think that shows huge dedication. It’s not always easy – especially when eating out as most places think ‘vegetarian=CHEESE’. They don’t realise it has to be the low fat variety!

My life, I’m verbose this morning. I’m boring myself now!

Doodah x

audrasharon

Can’t live without grilled bacon! My Christmas treat was to chew some then spit it out (TMI) but was lovely! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha! That’s one way of dealing with it Audra!

Kimberly
    Participant

Audra that made me laugh

Hi Kimberly!
    We met at the Portsmouth meeting last month, and I was wondering how you are getting on since you have had your opp recently!
    I hope it is going well for you and that you are pleased so far.
    I saw your before and after pictures and the difference is amazing even after such a short space of time!
    Well done you!!!!
    I am having my bypass on the 8th Feb, pre opp appointment next Thursday, at Chichester , not long now..
    Kindest Regards
    Julie (830830)
    Xx

Hi Doodah!
    Just to let you know that I plan to attend next weeks evening meeting at Portsmouth.
    I hope all is well.
    Kind Regards
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Fantastic news Julie. look forward to seeing you there.

And WONDERFUL news about your surgery!! Can’t wait to hear all about it 😉

Doodah x

audrasharon

Not feeling good at all today! Got lots of lower abdo pain, like I’ve got diarrhoea (sorry TMI) but I haven’t. Pain got severe at one point it made me vomit. It’s coming in waves. Bug I guess. Trying to drink but not a happy bunny! 🙁

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh Audra are you on mashed up stage ? Are fluids going down ok ? Your not doing too much exercise or lifting ? , I find the cold makes my stomach ache !!! Just drink loads rest have a hot water bottle . Let me know how your doing xxxx

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    Oh Audra are you on mashed up stage ? Are fluids going down ok ? Your not doing too much exercise or lifting ? , I find the cold makes my stomach ache !!! Just drink loads rest have a hot water bottle . Let me know how your doing xxxx[/QUOTE

No still on purée but going to have slop today after being sick yesterday. Feeling much better today. Think I was blocked up high up. Not going to let that happen again. New day today moving forward. How you feeling?

treeza

Oh shame Audra. I’m glad your feeling better today. Take it easy, plenty & fluids & rest xxx

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    Oh shame Audra. I’m glad your feeling better today. Take it easy, plenty & fluids & rest xxx

Thanks Treeza much better today. Pain gone just a bit knackered. Sorry we won’t be able to meet this Thursday. Better luck next time. X

Kimberly
    Participant

I’m so glad your feeling better Audra , take it easy you had a tough time and it need to heal . I’m doing better since Iv gone back to sloppy , more energy and the weight started to drop off again . Starting at the gym on Wednesday ( GP referral) .

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    I’m so glad your feeling better Audra , take it easy you had a tough time and it need to heal . I’m doing better since Iv gone back to sloppy , more energy and the weight started to drop off again . Starting at the gym on Wednesday ( GP referral) .

Excellent new! Will be interesting what support you get from the gym, let us know how it went. Definitely think the vomit aggravated my stomach as feeling full all the time ATM so having less and more sloppy. Think I might be a bit Hungry too. Looking forward to a catch up on Thursday. X

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media