Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet pre-op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jansus28

Hi all, my op date for my bypass is Tuesday 7th aug and I am on day 12 of my milk diet!!!! So far I have lost 1 stone 8lbs! It’s be hard but so worth it and I feel great!! Very excited about the op!!! Just wanted to say hello to u all Janice

Floyd

Hi Janice

I am having my bypass on the 6th. It is so close, I am still in a bit of denial though!! Where are you having your op?

Floydee

jansus28

Hi Floyd,
    At the clementine Churchill I am sure you are too!! I am same can not believe I am going to have it done at last!! How has it been with the milk diet??

rubybling

Hi jansus28,
    I will be there too on Monday, so see you there with Floydee. Its great that you are already on the loser’s bench. We haven’t got long to go before we can experience the journey that everyone else has been raving about. Good luck.

Floyd

Hi there

Milk is going okay, it is hard when I am cooking for my children though. I am trying to just get through the next few days and reach Monday morning! I did weigh myself yesterday and seem to have lost a little but hope it is enough for the op.

rubybling

Hang in there Floyd, only 3 more days to go, then we don’t have to look at milk for ages (I hope). I know you can do it.
    Elaine the nurse advised me not to weigh myself, so I haven’t and to be honest the scales I have are rubbish. That will be the first thing I buy post-op when I am out and about, lol!
    I haven’t packed my bag yet, probably leave everything to Sunday and then have a mega panic because I was not prepared.
    I don’t think I will be doing much sleeping on Sunday night anyway.

Floyd

Hi Janice and Rubybling

It’s great to have people to start this journey with!

Floydee

Doodah
    Keymaster

My dear friend, Susan, is the person who was in the bed next to me when I had my bypass at St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester four years ago. She is my ‘Surgery Sister’ and a lifelong friend. Just another of the bonuses that wls brings ;-)) I have made over 50 new friends who I see very regularly through having weight loss surgery. That in itself is life affirming.

Doodah x

Floyd

getting soooooo close now!!!

Good luck to all of you – so exciting! I’m not far behind with band surgery on Friday at Guildford… looking forward to hearing how it all went for you – happy recoveries!

jansus28

It’s so close now!!! Really excited!!! This is about to change my life for the better!!! Thank god I was able to do this!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

I thank my lucky stars ever single day more than four years post op that I was lucky enough to have wls. It has changed my life beyond recognition. In fact it saved my life. I honestly can’t say enough positives about it!! Streamline Surgical and all the team have saved my family from going to my funeral – it’s as stark a reality as that. What more can I say? I will never be able to thank them enough.

Doodah x

Great weight loss! What a fab start for you after your hard work. Mine starts soon and hoping I manage your commitment. It is an exciting time though.
    day dreamer

Doodah
    Keymaster

Don’t know about you guys but I’m like a cat on a hot tin roof! Can’t wait to meet you on Thursday x

Day 2 and milk coming outta my ears….however….feeling just fine. I work well on low carbs and apart from this strange rumble coming from my tummy (doesn’t feel like hunger but I guess it must be), it’s going well. Loads of drinking water to keep away from the dreaded headaches I was expecting. I have been taking Benefiber , soluble fiber in my milk…tiny .5 grams of carbs but 3 grams fibre per serving…and boy do I need the fibre. Anyone else used this?
    Dreamer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media