Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk Diet – day 3

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Feebee795

Hi, I am on day 3 of the milk diet & I had thought I was doing ok but now I have a massive headache that just will NOT shift. I feel sick & bloated. Any tips/hints that will help me get through this please??!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi again Feebee.

Day three is one of the hardest days for some people. I know it sounds ridiculous but make sure you are drinking enough water. The nausea and bloating WILL pass, you just have to ride it out. I know it’s not easy (I did the milk diet for two weeks) but it will so be worth it in the end.

Doodah x

Feebee795

Hi Doodah,
    thanks for the support – I don’t actually know anyone personally that has gone through the same thing.

I’m determined not to give in or give up as the only person I’m cheating & letting down is myself.
    I could cope with the bloating it’s the headache that’s the problem, that’s what’s making me feel sick. No matter how many painkillers I take it’s just not shifting.
    I guess it will pass in time but it’s making working life difficult at the moment as I sit at a pc all day. I drink plenty of water but with all the milk as well I’m finding it a bit difficult as I never really drank that much anyway hence the bloating.
    Never mind though, all in a good cause & it is only for a short while. I WILL get through this

londonmag

Feebee,

I found it hard too, but it is a great start to get through it and you will feel so much better soon!

As your body changes how it works on how it is being fed, you will get some “Atkins” type headaches but they will definitely soon go.

After my two weeks of milk (though I did cheat one day) I turned up for my op 26lbs lighter; it was a wonderful positive start and that has continued since waking up in recovery.

As with a load of other threads, this isn’t the easy option, but the headaches will be worth it – very soon, and you will have forgotten them even sooner 🙂

Keith
    X

Feebee795

Hi Keith,

thanks for the advice. I hope this headache goes soon, it’s getting a bit unbearable now.
    Its good to know that this is all part of it & not just some random symptom I have ended up with.
    I realise it’s not an easy option, very soon my whole life will change forever. I haven’t told anyone other than my husband & family about the op.
    I can’t believe you lost 26lbs – that’s just so amazing.
    I’m worried to be honest that I will miss food too much & wont be able to control how much I eat after the op. I hope this isn’t the case as I don’t fancy being ill all the time or worse bursting the staples. I’m sure the dietician will help me though.

londonmag

I had all sorts of worries about bursting staples and the stitches coming loose 🙂 intestines dangling everywhere.

Shaw found it quite amusing and went to great length to explain just how solidly all hangs together!

Everyone will be different and I still have certain cravings, but the pouch is a way of managing things and to be used with other tools – mental or otherwise.

You will get there!!!

Then u can start moaning like I do about having to buy new bloody clothes 🙂

K

Lauren
    Keymaster

Feebee, once you have tried eating too much or something high in sugar or fat, and you have dumping syndrome, you will SO reluctant to ever try it again!! It’s the reason a bypass is so efficient. We mal absorb, we eat less and we feel like death when we experience dumping syndrome!

Of course you are right to worry about missing food. We all were. It had become our only ‘friend’ in times of stress but it was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Our ‘friend’ food almost killed some of us and made the rest absolutely miserable. Make new food friends: ones that want to see you happy and healthy for longer. Ones that want you to be proud of yourself and feel that life is fabulous. Ones that will help you to do all the things you can’t do now, either physically or mentally.

You will get through it I promise you. We are all here to help you. Maybe have a word with your GP about the headaches but please try to drink that water 😉

Doodah x

aw48

Hi im half ways through my second week of an 8 week milk diet and today was my first day with a headache why because i dint drink enough water, it will be well worth it in the end and at the moment seeing the scales going down is brilliant yeahhh

Mands

@aw48 27525 wrote:

Hi im half ways through my second week of an 8 week milk diet and today was my first day with a headache why because i dint drink enough water, it will be well worth it in the end and at the moment seeing the scales going down is brilliant yeahhh

Hi

I was speaking to Dr Shaw Somers about your 8 week milk diet and he said he doesnt understand why 8 weeks as the milk diet doesnt work much beyond 2 weeks … just thought i would let you know xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I thought that too but as I am not a clinician, I felt it wasn’t my place to say anything! Would be very interested to know why if you wouldn’t mind telling us.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are you feeling today Mands?

Doodah x

Mands

@Doodah 27544 wrote:

How are you feeling today Mands?

Doodah x

Sore Doodah specially round the port site i think all the swelling is coming right up today so it feels like everything is out of place … roll on the next couple of days where it starts to calm down x

Lauren
    Keymaster

In the meantime, take very good care of yourself. Plenty of rest and water sipping. About every hour, have a walk around as that will help to ease the pain in your shoulder. Like you say, it’s all about time and healing for the first few days xx

Mands

@Doodah 27546 wrote:

In the meantime, take very good care of yourself. Plenty of rest and water sipping. About every hour, have a walk around as that will help to ease the pain in your shoulder. Like you say, it’s all about time and healing for the first few days xx

shoulder pain has gone yayyy just pain around the port site now find it difficult to lie down properly and stuff but i am eating altho tiny amounts and i have slept alot today first time since the op really xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s great. You need to allow your body to heal and accept the new way of doing things. Sleep is good 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media