Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet – part 5

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    katy

Hey Theresa

I can’t believe how quickly it’s come round my dear!! Not long to go! I’m on the end of the phone if you need me
    Love Katy x

Masie

Thank you Doodah.

treeza

I know Katy x I just hope it all goes well at the pre op on the 5th! I really appreciate all your support x you really have be my inspiration for having it done for that I will always be truly grateful x loads of love T :0)x ps maybe when I’ve had the op & I’m all recovered we could meet up for a chat? X

treeza

Hi soon to be skinny

We will be able to compare notes! Chris Pring is doing my operation. Who’s doing yours? I must say its all going rather quickly now. Milk diet starts soon so must admit to having some of my favourite things before I can’t any more at the same time as trying to be careful not to over do it. I think I’m doing ok? Keep in touch xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I LOVE this bit of the journey! The whole of a new life ahead of you. everything you ever wanted for your health and happiness is right there for the taking. Just stick to the guidelines, have faith in the surgery, trust in your ability to get it ‘right’, even when you doubt yourself, and be kind to yourself.

Oh, and the main bit of advice? Do NOT ever, compare yourself to anyone else, regardless of what surgery you are having. We are all so different that it is impossible to make any sort of comparison – a bit like comparing your child’s progress to anyone else’s! If you are too worried, you can get despondent, and if you think you are the dog’s wotsits because it is falling off you, there is a danger of becoming complacent.

This is a whole new way of life:for life. A new, happier, healthier and (please, powers-that-be) longer life.

Like I said – amazing things ahead. Woo Hoo!!!

Doodah x

treeza

Sorry Doodah I didn’t mean compare notes in that way. Wrong term of phrase! I know everyone is different & that recovery & weight lose will be different for each individual. I guess I just meant seen as we are starting the milk diet & having surgery within a week of each other we could share our experiences & coping measures.

T :0)x

katy

I’d love to meet up and have a catch up Theresa, just let me know when!
    Love Katy x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 28807 wrote:

Sorry Doodah I didn’t mean compare notes in that way. Wrong term of phrase! I know everyone is different & that recovery & weight lose will be different for each individual. I guess I just meant seen as we are starting the milk diet & having surgery within a week of each other we could share our experiences & coping measures.

T :0)x

Oh my goodness Treeza, I didn’t mean that for a second! There is a huge difference between mutual support and tip/note sharing and becoming obsessed with what others are doing! I am fully supportive of sharing experiences! That’s at the heart of support groups. All I meant was don’t become disheartened if someone seems to be losing more weight or more quickly than you. Or be bothered that someone else’s final weight is less than yours. It really can become an obsession easily believe me!

I think it is fabulous that you have someone to share with. It will be such a huge help in the coming months. I have made friends for life along this journey. And we all need those right? 😀

Doodah x

treeza

Thanks for the link to sugar free syrups Doodah. Ordered some raspberry & French vanilla & they arrived today! Very quick delivery! I then promptly dropped one right on my foot! Ouch very heavy glass bottle! Thankfully it didn’t break. Not so sure about my foot!!!! I’m looking forward to trying them but not until I start the milk diet in 1 week & 6 days (soon to be 5 days). Going to wait until then so I have something to look forward to. X T :0)x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Mmmm raspberry and French vanilla sounds bloomin lovely! Ouch about your foot! Your toes must have broken the fall eh?

The delivery was really quick – that’s good to know. Websites like those are invaluable after wls as we don’t have to feel like we are missing out. In fact, my lot pinch my wls goodies all the flippin time: especially my rice cakes. the fact that they could have just about anything else doesn’t seem to bother them lol.

Not long to go now. I’m so excited for you as I know what lies ahead. Ok, it’s hard work and you will have bad days but wait till you see the numbers on the scales dropping regularly and you start to feel SO much better so quickly. It is absolutely remarkable and one of the best feelings in the world.

Doodah x

treeza

My son was beaten up outside a night club in the early hours of Sun morning & I am proud to say that my usual trick would be to drown myself in chocolate, cakes, biscuits basically anything that’s bad for you & then smoke loads more! This time yes I have to own up to eating a roll of rolo’s at 4am but I haven’t smoked so on day 22 of being smoke free & no more chocolate has touched my lips!

It’s so hard when your saviour is chocolate!!! I also recognise its my biggest demon! I just hope post surgery I fine something good & healthy to get me through those moments! I’m sure we’ve all had them! Maybe it will be the surgery it’s self along with all my friends & family. I also have all of you now too!

Hope you don’t mind me sharing x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m glad you have shared this Treeza – it’s what we are here for. I would like all of you to see this forum as a place of support and friendship. You can share the good and bad in the sure knowledge that you will never, ever be judged.

I hope you are proud of yourself that you didn’t smoke or have a mad binge after such a shock. Well done you. That cannot have been easy. You have already begun your new way of life. Chocolate is such a hard one to kick isn’t it? Especially as it is proven to make us feel better – for a very short while.

There are alternatives and the biggest battle is to convince yourself that a sugar free, low fat mousse is every bit as delish as a bar of whole nut lol! When I eat chocolate now (yes, I DO indulge once in a awhile!) I imagine how much fat is in it. I turn it into lard in my mind and then imagine eating dyed lard…YUK! I choose good quality chocolate and only have a tiny amount – It’s not against the law after all. the Bariatric megastore is full of lovely treats that will easily fulfill the need for something sweet.

I’m so proud of you for giving up smoking. you will heal so much better post wls. Well done treeza – you are proving that you can be a great success at getting back the life you always wanted for yourself and your family xx

Doodah x

treeza

It’s our 27th wedding anniversary today. I am lucky enough to have a hubby who loves me for every inch that I am but is also very supportive of me going through this journey so we can spend many more years together. We are also looking forward to our many far flung adventures in the future! As many of you know travel can be a bit difficult & embarrassing for people of size! This year we are going to the New Forest next year the worlds our oyster who knows where we will end up! T :0)x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hey, wave at me as you go past. I live very near The New Forest! We go there all the time to walk the dogs 😉

This is only the beginning…..

Doodah x

treeza

I waved Doodah I hope you saw me? ;0)))) safely arrived at B&B in Handford! Sorry to say this but I’m looking forward to Chinese at my favourite restaurant in lyndhurst will be the last one in a while so going to enjoy every minute of it x milk diet 1 week 4 days!!! It’s creeping up on me! :0)))x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media