Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Milk diet?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    patriciaramz

Most of what I read in this forum pertains to my program in California but the milk diet isn’t something that I’ve heard of. I’m going to ask my doctor about it on Thursday. Is it something that you have to do right before surgery?

betty boo

Yes i started the milk diet two weeks before my operation, it shrinks the liver giving better access for the surgeon. It does not just consist of milk, you can have one stock drink (salt), jelly sugar free (vit b12), water, sugarfree drinks. Also a multivitamin tablet.

Betty boo x

patriciaramz

Do your doctors make you lose weight prior to giving you a surgery date?

Irene

Hi Patricia,
    They don’t always make you lose weight, but they do want to shrink your liver so they can have easier access during the surgery. Doing the milk diet you do lose weight anyway so that is an added bonus.

Fenella

The milk diet is the first choice of the surgeons but if like me you have an aversion to milk you are given a low fat low carb diet to follow instead also to shrink the liver which as the others said is what we are trying to do. At my pre-op they said if you do lose weight in these two weeks it also shows you are working with it and shows commitment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media