Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Merry Christmas

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    treeza

To all you wonderful inspiration people out there Merry Christmas. I hope that you enjoy your meal whatever stage you are at! Personally I’m going to enjoy a tiny bit of everything I really enjoy & ignore the bits I usually eat because they are there eg pig in blankets, sprouts etc! Bit of turkey, a small roast potato or two, veg, small bit of stuffing will do for me! Not made the trifle (sugar free) yet but hope to have time in the morning! Loads of love to you all xxx

audrasharon

Have a great day Treeza! I’ll be having mine through a straw! 🙂 Merry Christmas. X

treeza

Aww bless you Audra! But imagine yourself this time next year! :0)x please take care of yourself x

audrasharon

I don’t mind at all. I been sitting with the family and it’s no problem. My head is in the right place. You take care to. X

treeza

It’s great how this surgery gives you strength in more than one way x I can sit & watch people eat & drink with it not bothering me in the least x yay! :0) x

Kimberly
    Participant

Lots of love you wonderful lady xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I had a quiet Christmas as I have family members that are very poorly. We were all together which is all I could ask for.

So pleased you all had a nice time too. That’s one big milestone out of the way! New Year’s a eve next. I’m going to a wedding reception. Novel timing eh? I have a lovely sparkly dress to wear and it still makes me excited to think I can fit into one!

Doodah x

treeza

Well that’s some of our first Christmas over! Have to admit to a couple of no no! Few crisps! (Really was only a few rather than large bag full which I normally would have had) didn’t really enjoy as much either! Now back on track!
    Made birthday cake for my son, was tough not to have any but largely because it didn’t seem right not too! But it was fine.
    Going to start back at gym on Monday as well as aqua fit & swimming I’ve already been doing. Going to book myself in for weigh & measure on mon! Be interesting to see the inch loss!
    The friend I thought I was losing seems to have returned although still hasn’t commented or ask how I’m doing!
    Saw the Mum of one of my patients who initially didn’t recognise me! She gave me a great big hug x amazing moment!
    Thank you for your support xxx

treeza

Doodah I hope your ok & your sister & Dad are keeping as well as possible. I’ve been thinking of you x take care x be kind to yourself (as you always tell us!) big hugs xxx

Kim I hope you are doing ok? How did your first Christmas go? Wish I lived closer so I could join you & Audra for coffee! :0( x take care xxx

Audra how are you? How are you feeling? Take care x hope to meet you in fe bat support group if your able to come. Sadly I can’t make January’s :0( x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I have replied to you in a PM Treeza xx

Kimberly
    Participant

Trezza , Christmas a bit more challenging at the mashed up stage . Keep bring food up . Only managing a few tea spoons . Fluids ok so can drink milk and nas squash . Also didn’t lose a pound for two weeks …(but I’m trying not to focus on numbers and more on being healthy. Bonus is every one has said how much healthier I look already . Iv contacted my GP for an exercise referral . It’s the only way into a gym for me they get really funny about my medical history !!!!! Lol .
    May be we could meet up half way for coffee some times . That would be good just let me know . Are you coming to the group this month ? Xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30410 wrote:

Trezza , Christmas a bit more challenging at the mashed up stage . Keep bring food up . Only managing a few tea spoons . Fluids ok so can drink milk and nas squash . Also didn’t lose a pound for two weeks …(but I’m trying not to focus on numbers and more on being healthy. Bonus is every one has said how much healthier I look already . Iv contacted my GP for an exercise referral . It’s the only way into a gym for me they get really funny about my medical history !!!!! Lol .
    May be we could meet up half way for coffee some times . That would be good just let me know . Are you coming to the group this month ? Xx

Sorry to hear you struggled a bit over Christmas Kim. I do wonder whether the undercurrent of stress at this time of year makes people eat/drink differently. Even the ‘normal’ ones seem to get indigestion and feel dehydrated!

An exercise referral is a great idea. I got one after my bypass and became quite the gym bunny! Can’t afford to go anymore but have a gym quality exercise bike 2m from my desk that I use daily – just 15 mins a day. It keeps my heart and lungs ticking over and middle aged spread at bay 😉

You are wise to focus on health. It is, after all, ALL that matters. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting!

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media