Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป Merry Christmas Everyone!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hello my lovelies. I know you are all terribly busy and may not have time to log on but I just wanted to say a ‘Merry Christmas’ and hope you have a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

If any of you are struggling, you can either private message me on here or email me at: sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com as I will be popping in every day (even if it’s only for 15 mins) just to see if you are all ok.

For those of you on the pre op diet over Christmas, I take my hate off to you over and over again. You are incredible. You are also securing a healthier future for you and your loved ones – one that will last longer. You could not be giving those you love a better present.

Catch you at some point tomorrow. Probably quite late in the afternoon/early evening. Be kind to yourselves but most of all BE VERY, VERY PROUD.

Doodah xxxx

janie61

Merry Christmas Doodah, and merry Christmas to everyone on the forum.

Jane

Paul-H
    Participant

And a big Merry Christmas to everyone from me as well.

And a slimmer new year as well.

Paul

ebaa

Merry Christmas x

Floyd

Hi there

I am now enjoying being smaller and surprised myself yesterday with my small portion on a side plate while everyone else had 2 helpings. They felt bloated and lethargic afterwards – I didn’t!

Happy holidays to you all.

Floyd x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Floyd 27052 wrote:

Hi there

I am now enjoying being smaller and surprised myself yesterday with my small portion on a side plate while everyone else had 2 helpings. They felt bloated and lethargic afterwards – I didn’t!

Happy holidays to you all.

Floyd x

That’s such a great feeling isn’t it Floyd? Full of life (literally) and raring to go – just like a child. Happy days as they say! So glad you had a good Christmas and are looking forward to many, many more ;-))

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Actually, I have just remembered that I was really quite sick on Christmas day!!

We had to keep Mum’s house fairly cool as my niece has a new puppy that needs a coat trim. Same old story for me: I got really cold and couldn’t digest my food so up it all came. If I had told Mum I was so cold it was making me sick she would have turned up the heating but I couldn’t bear the thought of ‘Gizmo’ (the Shih Tzu puppy) getting all overheated. How ridiculous am I for goodness sake haha?! VERY.

Oh well, the food is the least of the merriment on Christmas day for me now so it wasn’t so bad. We had games, laughter, loads of ‘Ooh’ and ‘Ah’s and massive portions of love so in my humble opinion, it was a bloomin great Christmas.

Doodah x

ps I don’t like much Christmas food at all really – never have. Hate the pudding, mince pies, cake and brandy butter. But I do like humbugs haha!

Paul-H
    Participant

This was my first Christmas post surgery and actually surprised myself how easy I found it all. Not ill once from over eating and according to the scales not put anything on either, although its a bit to early to tell for sure.

I just kept saying to myself something my old grandmother used to say. ” Enough is as good as a feast” which post surgery is just so true.

Paul

londonmag

Sadly had a nightmare after a great 3 months ๐Ÿ™

Not volumes of food, which was just about in check, but too many little chocolates and a couple of beers

Absolutely gutted and worry the old habbits will not go

Nothing to cause dumping, so not huge quantities but far far too much spread over a day.

Perhaps just too much around with the kids etc, but finding eating all sorts far too easy.

Hoping for a happy and controlled new year

K

Doodah
    Keymaster

@londonmag 27067 wrote:

Sadly had a nightmare after a great 3 months ๐Ÿ™

Not volumes of food, which was just about in check, but too many little chocolates and a couple of beers

Absolutely gutted and worry the old habbits will not go

Nothing to cause dumping, so not huge quantities but far far too much spread over a day.

Perhaps just too much around with the kids etc, but finding eating all sorts far too easy.

Hoping for a happy and controlled new year

K

PLEASE, do NOT beat yourself up over this. It was ONE day. Like you say, you have had three great months.

My first Christmas found me sitting all alone in the dark when everyone had gone to bed being tempted by shortbread. Not just any old stuff – the real McCoy: all butter from Edinburgh. I ate some. Not just a tiny bit but a slab. It tasted divine. However, 5 minutes later Oh My Life was I sick. Sweating, palpitations, headache and the shakes.

As I lay in my bed feeling absolutely dreadful for about 2 hours afterwards I asked myself ‘Was it worth it?’ Well of course the answer was NO. However, I decided not to feel guilty. I had failed, I am human. We fail. I went to sleep, awoke the next day and began all over again. I hadn’t gained weight (my ridiculous brain was telling me that one bit of shortbread was going to make me gain half a stone!) and the world hadn’t ended. So I got back on that horse and started off on my journey again. Being guilt free was a totally new experience for me food-wise. It was so liberating.

You see, that’s how ‘normal’ people are around food. If they have a treat, they don’t have any (or as many if it’s something like Christmas) the next day. They don’t stay awake chastising themselves over it. That is what we have to learn. That food is for life, not the other way round.

I hope you have forgiven yourself. If you haven’t do it now. I’m wearing my ‘Mummy knows best’ face as I type this haha! Don’t waste any more of your precious life feeling guilty. Just get back on task and keep going. Everytime you fall off (as you will) simply, get up and start again. We learn from our failures. It’s an old chestnut but it’s true. As I’m sitting here at my desk, there is an unopened box of the very same shortbread as the one on that Christmas night two feet away from me. Note the word ‘unopened’. It has been there since Christmas Eve. It may well get opened today but it holds no fear for me anymore. I learned from that first Christmas’s epic fail!

I’m flippin waffling again! Sorry. Forgive anything you think you may have failed at (a few chocs and beers is hardly a binge at Christmas is it?!) and look ahead to 2013 as the year you stopped letting food control your life and emotions. Be kind to yourself remember ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi K

As said above don’t beat yourself up over it, we have all done it to some extent, and fortunately we suffered enough afterwards to learn not to do it again, you where not that bad actually or else you would have known it for sure.

Remember food ruled our lives before surgery don’t let it rule your life post surgery.

Paul

Whitey

Hi had my first Christmas post bypass and I was suprised how well I coped. The house was crammed with lots of naughty sugar laden things and bottles of booze and it didn’t bother me at all. If anything I don’t think I ate enough. I struggled to get enough fluids in with being busy. I think the thought of being ill stopped me trying cakes & booze but to be honest I loved the feeling of not letting food control me. I had a bit of wind pain but I think this was due to not being able to let it go as freely as normal! Everyone’s gone home today so I can get back to normal eating again. Wishing everyone a great 2013.

katy

Hello!

I’m so glad I am not Alone, I have been wracked with guilt over the odd bit of dark choc (only a tiny bit!) and a drop of whiskey. My sensible head tells me not to be ridiculous but it’s so hard not to let the guilt take over.
    I have been advised by the dietician that I need to put on some weight as I am too skinny but as I think I have said before, it is mentally very challenging. However I think she would be pleased with me eating a little bit of fattier food.
    On a happier note, I made some sugar free low fat mince pies which everyone agreed we’re just as good as the real McCoy! And my lovely mum sourced a recipe for sugar free Christmas pud. Yum!! Funnily enough I don’t feel fully for eating those!
    Things are settling back into normality now and I packed my partner off to work with some leftover treats today.
    Am thinking of having some counselling over my issues of guilt with food but in the mean time I am going to try my best not to get too bogged down with it.
    Happy new year lovelies!
    Katy

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Katy

Don’t worry too much over the guilt trips, you are not alone, as you know I am in the same boat as you, being told to stop loosing weight or put some back on.

I found it easier just to stop thinking about it, keep off the scales for a month and eat what you want when you want, you surgery will stop you doing anything really bad. just enjoy yourself and try to push weight control to the back of your mind, even if it is just for a month.

All the best

Paul

katy

Thanks paul. I will try and do the same. I think I’m finding it hard as I have watched what I eat my whole life (as has everyone else on this forum I’m certain!) so it’s weird being told to eat fattier foods and try to gain weight!
    I’m sure ill get the hang of it one day!!
    Happy new year
    Katy ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media