Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Medical Questionnaire for new job – help please…

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Bypass » Medical Questionnaire for new job – help please…

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

I am starting a new job and have to fill in one of those long medical questionnaire things! One of the sections is operations. What do I have to say? Do I have to include my bypass – I am really not ready for people to know that and would feel bad with lots of people at work knowing. Could I call it something else? Really confused, don’t want to lie but don’t want to feel judged either.

Any advice please…

Floydee

@Floyd 26200 wrote:

I am starting a new job and have to fill in one of those long medical questionnaire things! One of the sections is operations. What do I have to say? Do I have to include my bypass – I am really not ready for people to know that and would feel bad with lots of people at work knowing. Could I call it something else? Really confused, don’t want to lie but don’t want to feel judged either.

Any advice please…

Floydee

Hi this could be a difficult one but I have had to put down all my medical details recently, as far as my consultant was concerned it was nothing to do with the people who were asking me! I too have recently had a bypass and I’ve only just told my family.

I would put down upper GI surgery or gastric surgery but don’t go into any further detail you will have told them what the asked without feeling embarrassed!

Good luck

Hgl

Lauren
    Keymaster

Upper GI surgery or Gastric Surgery is all they need to know. Make sure you can be assured of 100% confidentiality before you fill in anything, as it should NOT be available for anyone to see other than HR who have to abide by strict confidentiality rules.

Hope you get on ok with it. When all is said and done it’s no one else’s business is it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media