Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Medical info

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Summer

Hi all was wondering if any of you have a medic alert type jewellery stating that you have had WLS? Someone mentioned this to me the other day and I had not thought about it before but as we are different on the inside I could see how this may be helpful. Wondering what you guys thought?
    Summer x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

mandyl

i have my op, op date and surgeon tattoed on my wrist. bit drastic for most but then im strange lol
    ps could be handy though as when i was in a&e last they tried a ng tube and would have been useful if i hadnt been able to tell them i wasnt sposed to have one x

Fenella
    mandyl wrote:
    i have my op, op date and surgeon tattoed on my wrist. bit drastic for most but then im strange lol
    ps could be handy though as when i was in a&e last they tried a ng tube and would have been useful if i hadnt been able to tell them i wasnt sposed to have one x

Good thought – perhaps a card in the wallet would be an option for us? My allergy prone family have those – I got them online. Good point though.

Anonymous

Hi Summer, Ther are medical alert bracelets and necklaces available, a quick search of the internet will find the resources.
    The international medical alert symbol is always a good idea as it is recognised mostly world wide.
    It is a symbol of a dagger with two snakes entwined.

Unfortunatley most have dedicated conditions so you might need to buy a blank and have it inscribed or get one that you fill in the details….

Perish the thought any of us are ever in no condition to talk so the allert bracelet could well save a lot of problems if you need emergency attention…

If enough people are interested I could source them bulk from China.lol.

Good luck

Buzz

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi buzz

I’d definitely be interested, anything that keeps us healthy.

Love
    Lesley
    xx

ruby tuesday

Seriously Buzz? Sure they would sell like hot cakes – sort of like a masonic ring club thing as well as health thing!! x

Floyd

I have been looking at these after seeing them on an American forum. Has anyone got one?

Floydee

Doodah
    Keymaster

Medical Alert ID Bracelets Necklaces & Medic Jewellery for Men Women and Kids

Hope this is helpful Floyd. I’m thinking of getting one as I also have asthma.

Doodah x

lisac2012

There are some on amazon il be getting one 🙂

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

Always best to err on the side of caution Lisa 😉

Doodah x

Floyd

I have bought one and it came with several different colour silicone bands and a stainless steel bit with the medical details.

RaeRae

@Floyd 26016 wrote:

I have bought one and it came with several different colour silicone bands and a stainless steel bit with the medical details.[/QUOTE,

Hi Floydee where did you buy yours from?
    Rae xxxx

Floyd

it is from universal medical id – it is quite discreet.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Floydee
    x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media