Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

mccharm

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

@mccharm2005 34284 wrote:

Hello peeps, sorry I have not been on for a while. So the update so far is! I thought that I had made a decision and had prepared myself to delay my operation as I saw the move to the USA as an opportunity I couldn’t miss. The plan had been that I was moving out to San Francisco from 1st September and I was going to delay my op until I came back in 6 months however as plans do, things have changed slightly. Last week I was in the USA for an orientation visit when over breakfast one morning I received a call from St Richards offering me my surgery on 16th September. Now I am back to being stuck again! What I am hoping to do now is have the surgery and delay my move to the USA by a few weeks however that is dependant on how soon I am allowed to fly after the op and how long my new boss will wait for me to start, not to mention when I finally get my work visa sorted. I am planning to call St Richards to discuss it tomorrow morning so I will update you after I have some news.

Take care for now

Andy

Hello Andy,

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop, what a wonderful position you are in, a win win one. Considering all the re-plumbing that we have done, the recovery time is pretty short and as I am assuming your job is not a manual one and your bosses are willing to wait, it would be fantastic to have it done prior to your placement. The only problem that I can see is aftercare. I really hope that St Richards answer all your questions today, please let us know, we do all care and it was lovely seeing your post.
    Take care

Lelly x

mccharm2005

Hi folks.

After speaking to St Richards today it looks like I am going to have to put my operation back until I come back from the states. I am a little gutted but the more I have thought about it the more I agree with the advice that they are giving me about post op support. The good news is that when I come back I can get my gp to refer me directly back to the hospital so will not need to start the whole process from the beginning. Even though my journey will be longer than first planned I am sure it is meant to be so will ride it out. I will keep checking in to see how everyone is getting on and I will update you as my journey continues.

Andy

Lauren
    Keymaster

@mccharm2005 34297 wrote:

Hi folks.

After speaking to St Richards today it looks like I am going to have to put my operation back until I come back from the states. I am a little gutted but the more I have thought about it the more I agree with the advice that they are giving me about post op support. The good news is that when I come back I can get my gp to refer me directly back to the hospital so will not need to start the whole process from the beginning. Even though my journey will be longer than first planned I am sure it is meant to be so will ride it out. I will keep checking in to see how everyone is getting on and I will update you as my journey continues.

Andy

I am very pleased that you have finally made the decision that is best for you, your health and your family. I’m also pleased that you don’t have to start right back at the beginning. Thank you SO much for letting us all know. Please pop in from time to time to let us know how things are going. I wish you the very best of British luck in your adventures across the pond.

Doodah x

treeza

Good luck with your journeys. What exciting times ahead of you. We all have to do what’s right for us. Thank goodness there’s no need to start at the beginning again x stay safe x

Lelly

@mccharm2005 34297 wrote:

Hi folks.

Andy

I thought that the aftercare might be a stumbling block Andy, so pleased that you have made your decision, how long is your placement? Take care and don’t forget us and send us updates

Enjoy America

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Like Lelly said, please keep us updated – even about non wls related things. I for one would love to know how things go in the USA. Please don’t feel pressured to keep in touch though. But know that we are all rooting for you 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media