Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

mccharm

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป mccharm

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

Hello everyone, has anyone heard from mccharm, I know he had a decision to make, just wondered which choice he chose to make and how he was

Lelly

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34192 wrote:

Hello everyone, has anyone heard from mccharm, I know he had a decision to make, just wondered which choice he chose to make and how he was

Lelly

I haven’t heard a thing and was wondering the same. I hope he lets us know so we can support him in whatever his decision he has made.

This forum is for supporting people, no matter what they do. I hope mccharm knows that – no judgement here ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Lelly

Come on mccharm talk to you friends, we are looking forward to hearing from you xx

Lelly

Lauren
    Keymaster

Exactly right, Lelly – his friends. ๐Ÿ™‚

penny

hi doodah,

thank you for your very kind reply and making me feel better, Update ….. I phoned over to Mr chris pring’s secretary and i have an appointment on the 14th august i need to see my options as i am all over the place with what i should or could do.
    I am going to make a list of questions for him, as when i am in the room i feel i lose my memory and remember only when i have left the room, does anyone do that? i need to be focused and positive.
    I do hope you are all doing well i do appreciate your comments and advice. Thank youxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34240 wrote:

hi doodah,

thank you for your very kind reply and making me feel better, Update ….. I phoned over to Mr chris pring’s secretary and i have an appointment on the 14th august i need to see my options as i am all over the place with what i should or could do.
    I am going to make a list of questions for him, as when i am in the room i feel i lose my memory and remember only when i have left the room, does anyone do that? i need to be focused and positive.
    I do hope you are all doing well i do appreciate your comments and advice. Thank youxxx

Hi Penny.

Well that’s one thing to tick off on your list of achievements – you got through to someone and have made an appointment to see Chris Pring!

I make lists of questions every time I see anyone – for exactly the reasons you stated. Actually, I make lists for everything full stop! I’m ‘Mrs List’ to my friends and family. However, it keeps me focused and the sense of achievement when I cross thing off of it is immense!

14 August is fantastic isn’t it? Please let us all know how you get on. Don’t be nervous, but if you are, just tell Chris Pring and he will make sure you understand everything. Those surgeons have the patience of saints, they really do!

Doodah x

penny

thanks Doodah, I glad I not the only one with lists, It gives me confidence in most things I do,
    to go on holiday its a nightmare I have list as long as a novel, anyone in a hotel with me need just knock on my door and I am sure to have what ever they want in my case,
    Started on the one for Mr Chris Pring, feel a little excited but scared so do not want to put my hopes up.
    I still feel the same as in the hunger, not liken the way I look and feel but I am holding on in there and trying to be positive.
    How is your back Doodah hope your feeling better and are able to get around more and how are you Lelly hope you doing ok, my best wishes to you both xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

The saying ‘Everything but the kitchen sink’ could have been made for us, right? Be prepared – that’s my motto!

My back is still bad. I was making progress but went to dash up the stairs without holding on and BAM – I was right back to square one. Been over a week now and I’m pretty fed up with it I can tell you. Thanks for asking. It’s very sweet of you. Trying to stay positive as we have friends coming to stay next week and I want the house to look ship shape.

Keep writing those lists – they really help to at least have a tidy mind ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Lelly

Hello Penny, I am fine thank you for asking, still not lost anymore weight but hey ho. I hurt my tum today as there was a bird in the wood burner and stupidly moved our heavy sofa and solid oak coffee table in order to open the French doors so when I opened the door of the fire it could fly straight out. Good news sparrow is fine, not so good news is pulled my tum. I have rested this afternoon apart from cleaning the kitchen and dusting so feeling a bit better now. You take care Doodah and rest your back. How are you Penny?

Lelly x

penny

Hi Lelly, hey lucky sparrow but poor you as for resting I don’t think housework is the answer to recovery, take it easy,
    losing weight for you will happen, doodah sorry to hear you have hurt yourself just as things were getting better you too must rest and let the healing do its thing, give it time and if they are good friends they are coming to see you not any dust that may be on a shelf somewhere.

I been very busy at work today and got in very late this eve, so I am of to bed now, night night all. xxx

Lelly

@penny 34248 wrote:

Hi Lelly, hey lucky sparrow but poor you as for resting I don’t think housework is the answer to recovery, take it easy,
    losing weight for you will happen, doodah sorry to hear you have hurt yourself just as things were getting better you too must rest and let the healing do its thing, give it time and if they are good friends they are coming to see you not any dust that may be on a shelf somewhere.

I been very busy at work today and got in very late this eve, so I am of to bed now, night night all. xxx

Night night pet xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34248 wrote:

They are wonderful, old friends and they wouldn’t give a hoot what the house looks like – but I will! My own worst enemy. As I type, my lovely husband it putting the Dyson round and tidying up a bit, just to keep things ticking over. Our friends are coming on Monday so I should be quite a bit better by then. I do hope so as they come all the way from London and we like to get out and about. We only see each other about twice a year. One year, I got Swine flu so they came all the way down here and I wasn’t allowed to let anyone in the house!

Anyway, thank you all so much for your good wishes. They really do mean a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Vickster

I make lists of questions every time I see anyone – for exactly the reasons you stated. Actually, I make lists for everything full stop! I’m ‘Mrs List’ to my friends and family. However, it keeps me focused and the sense of achievement when I cross thing off of it is immense!

My husband and best friend sometimes spend a day together writing, as they are both very into amateur dramatics etc and write and perform their own material. When they have one of these days, the first thing they do is write a to do list, and it invariably includes drinking lots of tea, laughing a lot, going insane, and then the more usual parts of the day. The satisfaction of ticking off the easy ones really spurs them on to doing the more taxing ones!

mccharm2005

Hello peeps, sorry I have not been on for a while. So the update so far is! I thought that I had made a decision and had prepared myself to delay my operation as I saw the move to the USA as an opportunity I couldn’t miss. The plan had been that I was moving out to San Francisco from 1st September and I was going to delay my op until I came back in 6 months however as plans do, things have changed slightly. Last week I was in the USA for an orientation visit when over breakfast one morning I received a call from St Richards offering me my surgery on 16th September. Now I am back to being stuck again! What I am hoping to do now is have the surgery and delay my move to the USA by a few weeks however that is dependant on how soon I am allowed to fly after the op and how long my new boss will wait for me to start, not to mention when I finally get my work visa sorted. I am planning to call St Richards to discuss it tomorrow morning so I will update you after I have some news.

Take care for now

Andy

Lauren
    Keymaster

@mccharm2005 34284 wrote:

Hello peeps, sorry I have not been on for a while. So the update so far is! I thought that I had made a decision and had prepared myself to delay my operation as I saw the move to the USA as an opportunity I couldn’t miss. The plan had been that I was moving out to San Francisco from 1st September and I was going to delay my op until I came back in 6 months however as plans do, things have changed slightly. Last week I was in the USA for an orientation visit when over breakfast one morning I received a call from St Richards offering me my surgery on 16th September. Now I am back to being stuck again! What I am hoping to do now is have the surgery and delay my move to the USA by a few weeks however that is dependant on how soon I am allowed to fly after the op and how long my new boss will wait for me to start, not to mention when I finally get my work visa sorted. I am planning to call St Richards to discuss it tomorrow morning so I will update you after I have some news.

Take care for now

Andy

Hi Andy.

Thank you so much for this update. We have all been worried about you.

My goodness what a quandary you have. I have to say I don’t envy the choices and plans you are having to make! Make sure you do exactly what suits YOU. You will be supported here no matter what your final decision might be.

Take care and please, if you get time, keep in touch ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media