Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lunchbox staples and emergency rations!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    carolthecook

Hi Everyone, last week I found myself stranded, having missed a meal and thanked the Lord that I had a small bag of macademia nuts and a Babybel Light tucked in my handbag. What do the rest of you depend upon when away from home and unsure of the next meal? Bananas are an obvious, a low fat and low sugar cereal bar is another but can we compile a list to help newbies and oldies? They can be shop-bought or made from home ideas. This will also help with my next Thinner Times column, possibly on lunchbox ideas… Carol x

Phoenix

What a fab idea Carol 🙂 As a newbie I would definitely appreciate this list and, hopefully, as I get further out I will be able to contribute to the list as well … Thank you for starting this off.

Andy

Cereal bars, Nuts & Raisins, Rich tea biscuit, Mini babybel, sometimes a protein drink in a carton

Claire

Great idea Carol. I keep a few crackers in a tiny tupperware pot and a small jar of pate or paste in the car and at work. Again, the babybel lights are a standard fall back for me. Also tend to keep a bag of wotsits in the car too!!!! :nono: I know I shouldn’t, but they are my one weakness, and at least they are baked now! 😉

xxx

monkey girl

Hi Carol, I use low fat houmous and bread sticks, baby tomatoes and chopped cucumber. I love marmite flavour rice cakes and these come in individual bags like crisps too. I usually have a bag of mixed seeds on the go as well (pumpkin,sunflower and pine nuts). I would love more ideas for packed lunches, especially during the colder months as soup is a bit boring every day.
    It was great to meet you last Saturday
    regards
    Ruth

Anonymous

I’m still trying to phathom out LUNCHBOX STAPLES…. I’ve googled it but nothing comes up???
    LOL..

On a serious note, it is importnat to have something as a stand by….
    I love my fruity cerial bars ( a tad too much )
    Unfortunatley at the tea party I took the other car (my car that the wife seems to have comendeared)
    So for emergecies I’ll add some to the glove box, just in case.

Good thinking Carol….

Helen

@Claire 7612 wrote:

Also tend to keep a bag of wotsits in the car too!!!! :nono: I know I shouldn’t, but they are my one weakness, and at least they are baked now! 😉

xxx

Tut Tut……. Hee Hee

Pinkdancer

Brilliant idea – well done Carol.

I am dairy and nut free so cheese and nuts are going to be a problem for me. So any other ideas would be appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media