Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lost just a pound

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

I pinched this from some where else on the web but thought it great
    Hello, do you know me?
    If you don’t you should. I’m a pound of fat, and I’m the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It’s because no one ever wants to lose me; I’m Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I’ve grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it’s fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you keep right on saying “Oh, I only lost one pound.” (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you’ll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I’m not worth losing. And I love being around you – your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I’m Only One Pound of fat!!!

treeza

That’s great Kim thanks for sharing it! I found myself saying just a pound but everyone counts on the journey x

Kimberly
    Participant

I have done the same Treeza , or I only lost half pound . I’m going to try and stop saying only , I even say I only managed 20 minutes exercise today , that’s so negative of me .

Lauren
    Keymaster

I love it Kim. How much better is it to lose a pound than gain one?!

May I share it with the support group please? Or maybe you would like to?

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

No you share it doodah . When I read it I remember I use ONLY a lot , I use to say I only work part time !!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you Kim. I have posted it there and suggested that we ban the word ‘only’ from now on when referring to weight loss!

Doodah x

Vickster

I did a course at work, something about knowing your value I think, and the best thing I learnt from that was about using the word only. The course leader said that she did some training with a multi-millionaire female director of a very successful company, and used to go on to the shop floor and say “It’s only me, just popped in to say Hi!” and she would get very few responses. The course leader told her to drop the only me, and try it again, which she did, and everyone stopped what they were doing and responded to her. She had allowed herself to be diminished by saying “only me”. If we put ourselves down as only me, how can we expect others to do anything different?

Troublesome word that “only” one!!

x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 33182 wrote:

I did a course at work, something about knowing your value I think, and the best thing I learnt from that was about using the word only. The course leader said that she did some training with a multi-millionaire female director of a very successful company, and used to go on to the shop floor and say “It’s only me, just popped in to say Hi!” and she would get very few responses. The course leader told her to drop the only me, and try it again, which she did, and everyone stopped what they were doing and responded to her. She had allowed herself to be diminished by saying “only me”. If we put ourselves down as only me, how can we expect others to do anything different?

Troublesome word that “only” one!!

x

‘Only’ and ‘just’ – the two most defeatist words in the English language:

* I’m just a stay-at-home-parent
    * I’m just working part-time
    * I’m only an assistant
    * I’m only trying to help
    * I just do the best I can

When you look at all these statements, they negate the person using them, when in fact, they are some of the most important things in society. Especially the ‘stay at home parent’ one. When I was young, many, many women would say “I’m just a housewife”. Being a stay at home parent is the hardest job in the known universe and the people who do it (especially the people doing it alone) are bloomin heroes!

So, Kim and Vickster are right – let’s try not to use those words in that context on here. I truly believe that if people praised themselves more for even the smallest victory, it can have an impact for generations to come. Yes, we have to accept that sometimes we fail – but it is what we learn from that failure and what we do about it that defines us. Anyone who keeps trying, even in the face of defeat, is a HERO. So get your superhero costumes out gang we are going to smash this weight loss thing: together.

Doodah x

Vickster

I saw this today and it made me giggle! So that “Just a pound” is a guinea pig! And I have lost a Chihuahua this week!!

Weight Loss Equivalents
    1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human’s skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
    :happy:

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh my life! I have lost Arnold Schwarzenegger!!! That is utterly staggering. What a great comparison chart. Thanks for sharing this, Vickster!

Doodah x

treeza

I’ve lost an averaged sized man! Would like to lose 2 blood hounds & love to lose Arnold! Frightening really. What a relief on my body & organs not carrying a man around all day. I think my body is amazing for doing it sooooo long. I’m so sorry for treating it so bad x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Try to pick up an average sized man and carry him around with you for 24 hours! Can you believe that we used to do that?! Thank goodness Arnie is off my back haha! His legendary saying ‘I’ll be back’ – not in this case matey boy!

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media