Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

loss of monthly periods 14 months post bypass

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The Gastric Bypass- 6 months & beyond » loss of monthly periods 14 months post bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    winnie woo

14 months and done great , but my periods have stopped yes iv done the preggers test lol and no im not ,but just wonderd if anyone else had same experience.:twitch:

ruby tuesday

Hi winnie, what is your weight loss firstly, and secondly, do you exercise alot? This can happen to people if they are starving themselves, so it is common for anorexics to find their periods stop, and also athletes who are constantly training will find they stop having periods. Very rapid weight loss can make the body react as if it is being starved, and can disturb many of the normal body functions, which is why hair loss is common, and that could cause periods to stop. It may be that your diet is not high enough in iron, but as always, your first port of call should be your GP, and you do not say whether you have already been to yours, so do go if you havn’t already. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@ruby tuesday 19514 wrote:

Hi winnie, what is your weight loss firstly, and secondly, do you exercise alot? This can happen to people if they are starving themselves, so it is common for anorexics to find their periods stop, and also athletes who are constantly training will find they stop having periods. Very rapid weight loss can make the body react as if it is being starved, and can disturb many of the normal body functions, which is why hair loss is common, and that could cause periods to stop. It may be that your diet is not high enough in iron, but as always, your first port of call should be your GP, and you do not say whether you have already been to yours, so do go if you havn’t already. xx

Great advice ruby. Hope you get sorted, Winnie

Doodah x

winnie woo

hi thank you for getting back, have spoken to doc but just said do another pregnancy test. I am now 10.6 was 20 stone had my op at Chichester with the great Shaw Somers will phone doc again this week just in case of iron deficiency. apart from that feel great sorry had op last July and i am 42 i did think was i going through the change also do not do alot of excercise odd workout but not to excess ,i should do more if anything. xx

ruby tuesday

Dear Winnie,

Good to hear from you, and whoop whoop on the astounding weight loss, you are literally half the woman you were, and must look fabulous! Well, sounds like excercise is not the cause then, so pleased you feel great, which is likely to mean you are eating well, and yes, you could be going through the change, but I’m not convinced your periods would just stop dead at your age due to that, so lets hope the doctor’s test reveal the reason. That said, I do think the shock to your body of halving in weight is quite likely to have stopped your periods, and they may well just come back after a few months.

You are doing all the right things, and seeing your GP, so try not to worry, just enjoy your new life!

PS; Have you tried ringing Mr Summers secretary to leave a message, to ask if Mr Summers has heard of this happening before as a reaction to a massive weight loss following surgery? Might be an idea xx

johncg

Hi Winnie

I have not suffered this problem since my op……… Lol

Love John xxx

winnie woo

im so glad john u havent suffered this proablem lol i would be a bit worried if you had but im doing great xxx

ruby tuesday

And the Comedy of the year award goes to; John!!

johncg

Thank you ruby,
    I’ll accept this award on behalf of all my fat friends…

I’ll like to thank my mother, father and wife da da da da ….

Has anyone tried a ruby yet …. ????

Love John xxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I can’t get along with Rubies anymore. Shame as I love them. Still can’t eat rice after 3 years….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media