Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lolli’s WLS Babble

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Brains

Have a fantastic day you deserve it 🙂
    xx

Lolli

Me again! Had a great birthday, that’s over for another year thank goodnes LOL Ooh, and the brownies are tooooo yummy for words, they have and 11 out of 10 from me!!

Had my weekly weigh in and to my joy despite being the girly time (sorry lads) I have managed to melt off another 2lb. Which was a shocker considering I feel like a swollen puffer fish 😀

Anyway, lots to do today…hope everyone is enjoying the sun and having happy smiley days!!

Much love as always ~ Lolli xx

Precious

Glad you had a great Birthday Lolli, and its lovely to hear that things have improved now. I hope you were spoilt rotten on your birthday :kiss:

I think I might just try making those brownies!!

Much love always xxx precious xxxx

Ms Ellie

Lolli so glad you had a great birthday huni xxxx :kiss:

carolthecook

Glad you like my Chocolate Brownie recipe, it took a while to get right! Have some more lovely ones coming up…how does Oaty baked raspberry cheesecake grab you for next year? Love Carol x

Lolli

@carolthecook 6104 wrote:

Glad you like my Chocolate Brownie recipe, it took a while to get right! Have some more lovely ones coming up…how does Oaty baked raspberry cheesecake grab you for next year? Love Carol x

Oh my Carol, I didn’t like, I looooooooooved them!! LOL

As for the raspberry cheescake well, yes, yes indeed, it grabs my right in a place that makes me all warm and fuzzy at the thought. Roll on getting a year older – wait did I really just say that??!!

Can’t wait to see everything you have been working on!! Keep up the super culinary magic Carol you are a star!!

:hug:

neenee

Hi Lolli well done on the WL :cheer2:

Bet your feeling great 🙂

:hug: neenee xx

Lolli

Hello again lovely people!

Just a quick update and wanted to apologise for not being around so much recently other than to update numbers. It’s a hard one to explain so will keep it pretty brief, I have recently had the news that my mother had passed away. For me this has been quite an unusual situation as I have not for many years been in contact with any of my family. I was in care as a teenager and all links back to the road travelled and my horrendous weight gains and where and who I am today. The news of course was an ugly shock and have been working through a whole plethora of emotions. Sadly, there was no love lost in this relationship but as you can imagine it made it none the less painful to deal with. I had dealt with my past and forgiven, moved on and spent a lifetime fighting to be a better me. My weight and food addiction were the weapon and the cure and having had my battle to get surgery and finally take control of myself was the final step. It just seems all so surreal that having taken this control, the root and reason for my self harm has also been removed from my life. I do hope you can understand my absense though and am sorry I have not been able to be here and participate with you all, but have just needed the timeout to work through everything.

As you may of guessed though I am loopy by nature and made of steel, so please know I am doing ok 🙂 Sorry to have been a doom and gloom posting, but I needed to so something a little cathartic and get it out there, and here with all of your seemed the right place.

On a brighter note though am am thrilled to say that today I have reached 3 of my mini targets!!! So here goes….

12 weeks post op:

Highest Weight: 26st 10lb Current Weight: 21st 5lb
    Or: 374lb Now: 299lb (under 300lb mini goal!!)
    Loss of: 5st 5lb (75lb mini goal!!)
    Highest BMI: 62.2 BMI Now: 49.8 (under 50 mini goal!!!)

So, as you can imagine, I am rather thrilled with everything to do with my WLS, it’s been a very bumpy road over the last twelve weeks to say the least. I would not change a single moment of it though. I am learning and growing and finding my way back to who I am again.

I see so many of you close to your op’s and those already on the losers bench doing fabulously! I send you all my hugs and best wishes where ever you are with it all right now and if I can only offer one piece of advice right now it would be…

Keep On Keeping On!!

Much love and stuff
    Lolli xx

:grouphug:

petal

Hi Lolli,
    Sorry to hear about your loss, as a social worker I have some understanding of how difficult your life may have been. And I am certain that, as you say, you may not have been close to your mother but it still hurts all the same. Its for all those lost years as much as anything else I guess. I am due to have my op on the 2nd September, and it sounds as if you don’t have any regrets, what a great weight loss already! take care xxxx

Brains

Hi Lolli

Sorry to hear your loss. Take care and keep up the fantastic weight loss xx

Anonymous

Hi Lolli, Glad to see you posting, if somewhat a difficult subject…
    Emotions must be all over the place for you, I’m real sorry.

It brings to reality some of the things that we go through, probably explains how we get off track and why we travel the roads that we do to self destruction in a way..
    Thing is princess, you have come out the other side, a better and stronger person…

Childhood is hard enough without some of the complications we have taboot….

Thank you for sharing, thank you for being so honest and open, if not on here where else can you do it???

Thinking of you, wishing you well….

Buzz xxx

Ms Ellie

Lolli sorry to hear about your loss my love, try to keep smiling darling and well done on your superb weight loss much love xxxxx

Lolli

Good grief this year has flown by in style!! The most exciting of my life without a doubt. I love my RNY, even with it’s evil ways at times it has been the best decision ever. As 2011 approaches I am so excited to know what’s coming next!

A little self indulgent maybe but I can’t stop singing this

‘T’is the season to be Lolli…falalalala la la la laaaaaaa’ LOL!!

Anyway, am off to do festive type things to a tree…have a great Christmas and, even more amazing happy, healthy New Year everybody! See you soon.

:grouphug:

Lolli xxxx

:angel:Oh and Santa, being as I have been such a good girl…please can I have a bike and some new boots???

Anonymous

Sure Santa heard you…. i did…..

Sing your heart out as loud as you like…….

Have a great Christmas

Buzz x

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media