Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lolli’s WLS Babble

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Lolli

Lolli what a wonderful post,
    You do write so very delicatley and nicely its always a pleasure reading them…
    Sorry to hear you have been through the wars, lets hope its onto a good recovery now.
    Just remember your very delicate for a bit, what with the hernia and the bypass.

Awesome weightloss…… would you have believed it if we had told you?????

I have a sad smile on mine…..:( (belly button hernia that is) but at least the belly button itself is still their and gaining fluff like it used too…..lol.
    If i keep saving it all I might be able to fill a cushion in say 50 years…… unless you want to conbine our efforts?
    Thinking more obscure… how about we all save our belly button fluff for some cusions in the waiting rooms??? coool.

Take it easy lemon squeezy xxxx

Buzz xxx

Lolli

Hellooo again dear bloggie-diary-thingie….Well have I got some news for you today!!

I had my six week check on Wednesday and to cut a long story short, despite all the fun of the last month or so, I am doing really well, things are working as they should, things falling off from where I want them to! LOL 😀

Anyway…according to the scales I was only 2lb short of a rather fabulous number…..well I had to do it, I could not wait another week, I can’t lie…I made it until this morning when I simply had to look….I stepped upon those digital tormentors (mine make me lighter, pfft) and what did they do to me this time????? OMG….OMG! I have done it, I have lost 53lb!!!!!!!!!!!! Which means I have done it on mine and theirs!!!!!! Not only does it make me 50+ less but it also takes me into a new stoneage (22st 13lb) that I have not been in for three years!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer2:

LMAO…and yes, I do now intend to stay off the machine of mean until next week….cos I am terrified that it will put me back up to the 23’s overnight….I am sooooooooo not tempting fate and refuse to go back there, no way, no how, not ever again!!

I have to tell you…

:love: I loooooooooooooooove my RNY!!!!! :love:

So until next babble… massive {{{HUGS}}} all around, love you all lots!

Lolli xxx

Claire

:whoo:That’s fantastic news Lolli – well done you! :hug:
    xxx

Anonymous

LOLLI, just got to love how your feeling….
    Its awesome and the weight loss is like wow…. well done sweetheart….
    You obviously doiing something right……

Sleep sweet dreams its gone this time. and NO you are NOT dreaming…

Have a good weekend

Buzz xx

Precious

:first: You little star ………….. you have done fantastic ….. I am soooooo happy for you :rockon:

Your weekend will be all the better for that fantastic news, and to top it off …. Sunshine too !!!!!!!!!

Loadsa luv :grouphug:

XXX P XXX 🙂

Lolli

Ok so I just want to put this in here so I can look at how pretty my ticker thing is and stare lovingly at the numbers whenever I start to feel a little sorry for myself.

Yes, yes I am barking – but it all helps me get through the day LOL. Oh and I lied about not peeking at the scales I just did it again this morning – but yay another 2lb gone, group hug anyone???

:grouphug:
    Claire

:grouphug: Group hug sound’s great 😀

Got my ticker on there too – just another little sign to show how well we are all doing :rockon:

xxx

singingsmall

Gotta love these tickers – great to see how well we are all doing in black and white (and technicolor!)

Lolli

And so I make it to Week 8!!

I have to say that this last week has been one of the hardest since my op. Don’t get me wrong, I am bouncing off walls when I see the results, 62lb in 10wks…Holy moley!! I would never have dreamt such success in a billion years and am delighted and proud.

However, this week I have had what feels like a restriction kick up the bum. Suddenly, I am feeling everything hitting my pouch, even my trusted Ribena Really Light is landing with a mighty thud and at times making me feel pretty queezy. It’s almost as it wants to close down for business full stop. :yuck:

I also keep having horrid dizzy spells, real moments where I feel I am going to pass out from it, almost like I am not breathing enough. I am certain that I am guilty of not keeping up my fluids and I am trying oh so hard to make my quota. Such a hard thing to do though when everything is making pouchie yell at me. Not to mention the No’ 2’s department, that seems like a rollercoaster of bathroom visits ranging from stop to full speed (lol, sorry)

I think though on the whole, I am ok, I think my body is dealing with the shock, and who can blame it? I have given my insides a radical reset and it’s stunned like a rabbit in headlights – hell I know my mind has been LOL 😀

And through all this I keep thinking how inactive I have still been. I want so badly to be able to get to working out and building back some muscle mass I have lost over the last two years. My hernia repair though has had different ideas about that and it’s getting to be a little frustrating. I know, I know, patience and have to mend – but I don’t want to mess this opportunity up.

I am despite all above, feeling more alive than I have in years and even though I am doing all the day to day stuff, just want to be doing more. That’s not a symptom or side effect of this op – that’s just bloody minded me!!! Still, the time will come when I can throw myself around like an aerobic ragdoll I am sure LOL – just need to stop being so fretful.

Anyway, yet again enough babble from me. I do hope you are all well and I see such great things happening to this wonderful family, best of wishes to all who are waiting dates, about to have their ops and of course much success to all who are travelling to Slimville already.

And still I say – I LOVE MY RNY (even when you are mean to me) :love:

Hugs ~ Lolli xx

Precious

Lolli, I do hope it all sorts itself out soon. Its a funny old thing, this, every day is different. If it goes on to much I would contact the team. You have done to well with your weight loss you must feel like you are walking on air. Take it easy its still early days sweet. xxxx

loadsalove xxx precious xxx :kiss:

Brains

Lolli

Congratulations on your weight loss :kiss: you are a star!! Shame to read your poorly start – 2 ops in one week.
    Try and keep your fluids up. Are you taking your vitamins OK? Dizziness etc may be a sign of anemia Low iron level)
    I am just coming up to 2 weeks since RNY so hope I can do as well as you.
    Take care xx :grouphug:

LINDY LOO

Well done Lolli, but sorry to hear about the other health issues. I sometimes think we dont realise what a big deal the by pass is and our bodies will rebel. I had an hernia op in January ( in my belly button) and I still get slight pains especially if I turn the wrong way.

lindy Loo

Anonymous

Lolli sweatheart it might be worth asking your GP if you can have your bloods done a tad early.
    Might be blood pressure related, I have been having a few dizzy spells recently but nowhere near as bad as yours sound.

Breathing… yep we need to do that…so dont stop….
    Never hurts to have a check up hun…bloods are usually done every 3 months for the first year, a note shuld have been sent to your GP sfter the op…..

Good luck

Buzz xxx

Lolli

Hello, hello once again family of fabness!! :wave:

Popping in to report on this weeks latest. Well I have to apologise for my whinge last time. Seems I was just overheated and not topping up enough on the old fluid, BP dipping so added back in an Oxo drink making sure i have that 2ltr minimum. I am feeling so much better again from this, although my restriction is still very strong (not complaining lol) but had no more wonky dizzy moments, getting better sleep again too. So all in all, I’m glad to say my plans for world domination are back on track LOL

Tomorrow though, the Lolli turns the big FOUR-OH!!!! WOOHOO!! (18 in my head still,lol ) Although I wont be having a party, have decided to remain 39 for another year and going to have a big old one next year when I can really do the Little Black Dress in style. So from here on in I shall be 39+ 1yr’s experience LOL. Going to have a little shopping trip and spoil myself rotten (hopefully one of the last in Evans, dammit) and then a bit of lunch out. Oh! and I shall save you all one of my sugar free CHOCOLATE BROWNIES WITH PEARS AND NUTS – found the recipe in one of the Thinner Times newsletter, so YAY!! I’m gonna gets me some burffhday cakie!!

Right, time for me to go do something useful. Massive thank you’s to everyone for your kind words, means so very much to me. Group hug time??!!!

Much love ~ Lolli xx

Ms Ellie

@Lolli 5848 wrote:

Hello, hello once again family of fabness!! :wave:

Popping in to report on this weeks latest. Well I have to apologise for my whinge last time. Seems I was just overheated and not topping up enough on the old fluid, BP dipping so added back in an Oxo drink making sure i have that 2ltr minimum. I am feeling so much better again from this, although my restriction is still very strong (not complaining lol) but had no more wonky dizzy moments, getting better sleep again too. So all in all, I’m glad to say my plans for world domination are back on track LOL

Tomorrow though, the Lolli turns the big FOUR-OH!!!! WOOHOO!! (18 in my head still,lol ) Although I wont be having a party, have decided to remain 39 for another year and going to have a big old one next year when I can really do the Little Black Dress in style. So from here on in I shall be 39+ 1yr’s experience LOL. Going to have a little shopping trip and spoil myself rotten (hopefully one of the last in Evans, dammit) and then a bit of lunch out. Oh! and I shall save you all one of my sugar free CHOCOLATE BROWNIES WITH PEARS AND NUTS – found the recipe in one of the Thinner Times newsletter, so YAY!! I’m gonna gets me some burffhday cakie!!

Right, time for me to go do something useful. Massive thank you’s to everyone for your kind words, means so very much to me. Group hug time??!!!

Much love ~ Lolli xx

Lolli so good to see you posting sweetie….going by your post everything is ticketyboo for you right now enjoy your special birthday xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media