Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Liver shrinking diet???

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    star

Hi, what liver shrinking diet did you follow? how did you find it??……..
    I’m having a gastric band fitted in 4 weeks whoop whoop!! im 31 and finally going to get svelt …………

Doodah
    Keymaster

@star 23658 wrote:

Hi, what liver shrinking diet did you follow? how did you find it??……..
    I’m having a gastric band fitted in 4 weeks whoop whoop!! im 31 and finally going to get svelt …………

Hi Star.

I did the milk diet. Loved it. Simple and easy with no preparation. I lost a stone on it. 31 is a great age to get weight loss surgery. My only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner! I was 48.

Doodah x

lornaburg

I did chicken, fish, veg, stock cube drinks and fruit. I found it really easy to stick to. I think that’s because I was told it was a “prescription” diet and I was scared to death of jeopardising my operation. Day one of my diet was a meeting at work, held at a bakery with Danish pastries for breakfast, buffet and cream buns for lunch and I didn’t touch a thing!

Lorna

Doodah
    Keymaster

Now THAT is dedication ;-))

hides

Hello star

I’m from taunton, somerset and i was very lucky cos i had to follow a low fat, low carb plan for 10 days. I kept to 1000 cals per day and i cant lie most nights i would be going to bed hungry. I use to take a hot bubble bath to keep me away from the kitchen in the evening. First 3/4 days were the worsed, but i kept to it ( never cheated ). Lost 12lbs and it was a good start to my journey… 7 months on i have no regrets, and just tipped over the 4 stone loss…. 🙂

Congrats on your decision , it will change your life. 🙂

Heidi. X

Hiya – I am on the low fat atkins one (similar to Lornaburg) – the dietitian recommended the milk diet but I don’t really drink milk and the thought of drinking 4 pints of it mad me gag. I decided to do it for 3 weeks rather than two as emotionally I was ready to get going after the appointment and so far (day 8) it has been easy.

Good luck with whatever you go for.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Great going Patsy. Well done 😉

brown69owl

Hi

I did a low fat as well , similar to Atkins diet , found it fine , lost 11 pound in 10 days !

Had my Gastric band fitted May 17 , feel really good now , not hungry at all at the moment .

I have lost 22 pound since starting pre op diet .

Had my op with Chris Pring at Gatwick park.

Jackie xx

I did the milk diet with no added sugar milkshake syrup. I found it easier than the yoghurt diet which I tried for 4 days. It seems different in each county the pre op liver reducing diet I was not alowed anything else well except jelly which I really hate now YUK. I am on day 17 post op now and since liver reduction diet I have lst 26 lbs, I love it

Nettie

I did the milk diet, my surgeon was also Chris Pring at the Spire Gatwick Park, can’t remeber how much I lost on it now as it’s mingled in with the 6 stone! Well done star for making the decision to go for it, it was the best thing I’ve ever done, just wish like everyone says that I’d done it years ago. Good luck and keep us updated.

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Lots of people say they can’t ever look at jelly again after the ‘Milk’ diet :-@

Nettie

I still love jelly but then I’m a weird pne as still love soup too xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Me too Nettie. Orange jelly with mandarins in….drooool.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media