Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Light headed

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Summer

Hi I’m now 10 weeks post bypass eating and drinking and loosing weight really well but keep getting so lightheaded.
    It’s at anytime that this happens before and after I’ve eaten so it’s not that my body is telling me to eat, does anyone else get this?
    If so do you know if there is anything I could or should do about it? It’s not even just if I stand up too quick it’s even if I look up from say texting or reading, sometimes it’s so bad I have to hold onto something as I fear falling over or passing out.

Thanks summer x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

mandyl

hi summer,are you drinking enough? cos that can def make you feel that way. also have you had your bp checked recently? mine is low due to meds and makes me feel just the way you describe x

Spikeyjaycee

You beat me to it Mandy!! I used to have high bp then started suffering symptons like yours Summer. Went to the doctor and turns out I now have low BP!!

kathc

Def sounds like Bp I had same symptoms I naughtily came off my Bp med for a few days and was fine then went to gp to tell her and she was ok about it !! Don’t do it my way go see gp first lol

Katherine .

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Summer

I had a spate of lightheadedness too, unlike the others my BP was fine it was just a combination of less food, making sure I drank enough and getting enough sleep. I was a bit scared because it used to happen to me at the silliest of moments, once when I was driving which did scare me enough to go to my GP, she checked my blood pressure, which was fine. After that I made sure my protein was ok, and made sure I ate properly.

If your worried get yourself checked out but hopefully, like me, it will pass.

Let us know how you get on and keep your chin up, it’s still early days for you summer but you will get that and feeling full of beans, soya of course.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Summer

Hi

Thanks guys apart from this I do actually feel really well. I will get my BP checked that’s a good idea I have never however had high BP so not on any meds. I have upped my liquids a bit and do eat a good range of foods, will check with dietician at my next appointment and also make a quick appointment with my GP.

Summer x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Summer 20794 wrote:

Hi

Thanks guys apart from this I do actually feel really well. I will get my BP checked that’s a good idea I have never however had high BP so not on any meds. I have upped my liquids a bit and do eat a good range of foods, will check with dietician at my next appointment and also make a quick appointment with my GP.

Summer x

Let us know how you get on Summer x

mandyl

i never had high bp either but i take beta blockers which as well as slowing hr they lowered my bp.
    about 3 months back i scared the life out of my neighbour. i went to go home and ended up sparko on her floor! never did find out why but thats when it was commented on about my hr and bp. i like the low heart rate though because its good as a fit person and also,means the meds are doing their job and helping my anxiety c

ruby tuesday

This could also be a balance problem, caused within the inner ear, since it is happening even when moving your head, quite a common problem, something I suffer from, and worth asking the GP about if all else fails. x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I have Meniere’s disease so totally understand how awful it is. It was overlooked when I was heavier as my blood pressure was so high, everything got blamed on it! Best to see your GP for a full diagnosis though. How are things now?

Doodah x

Summer

Hi finally got around to seeing GP blood pressure pretty low 90/60 told to drink more as this may help and having a full blood test which hopefully this won’t show anything sinister. Feeling really well apart from dizzy so small price to pay I suppose 🙂
    Summer x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know Summer. It seems unbelievable that we can end up suffering from low blood pressure doesn’t it after all the years of fearing high BP? Please look after yourself and stay well for the holiday season.

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media