Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lifestyle and energy

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Lifestyle and energy

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    janie123

hi I am new to the forum, I have got an appointment to see Guy Slater and the team next Friday 27th April to talk about having surgery.i have failed at every weight loss attempt and feel this is my only chance. Has everyone’s life style and energy and zest for life improved after surgery.

janie123

I see that some people have had bypasses which have not worked for them

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Janie

I’m a year and one month post by pass and so far I have lost just over 7 stone and, I must say I haven’t met anyone yet whose bypass has failed. I did meet a lady at my MDT meeting who didn’t experience dumping when eating anything sugary like chocolate, which she was disappointed with but even she had lost quite a bit of weight.

As far as zest for life goes, it doesn’t get any better, I’ve walking more, with a large german shepherd I don’t get much choice but we can go for hours, where as pre-op I was hard pressed to get round the block, I’m sleeping better, which means I’m more rested and ready for anything and, although I didn’t realise it at the time pre-op I was depressed, now I feel as if a cloud has lifted and everything looks better and I’m more able to cope with situations that pre-op I would have shied away from so, yes I can honestly say everything has improved.

Good luck on Friday let us know how you get on.

Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

cowsmoo

I’m in on the 27th also to see Guy or his team!!! What time will you be there?

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I like Lesley am a year and a monyh post bypass and I have lost over 10 stones down, yes my lifestyle has changed completely, I have a whole new out look on life and I have found that where as before food ruled my life it no longer does. I have my confidence and nothing know seems to get me down, I am not worried about going places as before I would be because of my size and how people looked at me, a whole new world has opened up to me and I am grabbing it with both hands and embracing it. As for energy levels that has gone out the roof, before the thought of walking anywhere would fill me with dread now it is no bother I will walk everywhere and can walk without getting out of breath and having a bad back. I go to aqua fit twice a week now and I exercise at home, I also go out power walking and I am doing the “the race for life” this year and have just started my training for that. If you had said to me 18months ago I would be out jogging I would have laugh if your face and said no chance now I just say bring it on.
    You go for it and I wish you all the luck in the world for Friday.
    Elaine xx

janie123

Hi cows moo, I have a ten am appointment.

johncg

Hi all

Although I have had a slight set back,( but due to be put right soon) WLS is the best thing I have ever spent money on and the best, well one of the best decisions I have ever done.. My personal feelings are this… Any surgery is only and ever only a tool.. All operations can be cheated… You could go to a camp where they lock you in a cell for one year feed you water and a handful of rice and I’ll guarantee you’ll lose weight but your health will suffer slightly…. So WLS will assist you in a controlled and healthy way but you have to play your part… I personally know someone who had a gastric sleeve operation by the NHS route he went through all the pre test to make sure he wasn’t going to waste the publics money ( well those who work) he had test after test… The op cost around 15k not including the post op care etc… He has put in weight why Coss he’s eating eating and eating blending a macky dees is not what is meant by liquid food…

Now if he had to pay for his operation I wounded if he would blend a Chinese with an Indian madres top… Washed down with a blended Easter egg… !!! Just a thought

Love John. Xxx

Back to ranting xxxx

janie123

I totally see your point.thanks john

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Janie

I had my bypass almost four years ago and have managed to lose (and maintain it) 15st. My life has changed beyond all recognition in that I am alive!! I had about 5 years to live if I did nothing. It’s not easy and you will have to work at it but Oh my life it’s worth it. It literally saved my life. I owe everything I now have to Streamline Surgical and all the team.

Doodah x

janie123

Thank you, I have seen guy slater today and have decided to go ahead with the surgery. I feel that now is my time and if I don’t do it now I will have wasted my chance.

Thais

Good decision! One you won’t regret…..

Doodah
    Keymaster

@janie123 23165 wrote:

Thank you, I have seen guy slater today and have decided to go ahead with the surgery. I feel that now is my time and if I don’t do it now I will have wasted my chance.

I’m so happy for you Janie. You have made one of the best decisions of your life. I was 48 when I had my bypass and my only regret is that I didn’t have it done sooner.

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media