Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

life is great

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    luckyflower

Just thought i would give an update. Life is great and after a lovely weekend I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful I feel.
    These are the things i am noticing. I was marvelling at the things i can do now,
    1. I had a bath! I now fit in it!
    2. I can buy tights from the supermarket Still XL but at least I don’t have to do a special trip to a large shop.
    3. I can buy clothes from normal shops only just but hey its great. Now size 20.
    4. I can sit in the comfy chairs in the coffee shop, always very careful before in case too tight or did not fit. Now even if the seats have arms i can sit in them.
    And so much more …….life is good, this was worth it.
    To any one thinking of doing this I say jump at it!
    Lucky

Gayle
    luckyflower wrote:
    Just thought i would give an update. Life is great and after a lovely weekend I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful I feel.
    These are the things i am noticing. I was marvelling at the things i can do now,
    2. I can buy tights from the supermarket Still XL but at least I don’t have to do a special trip to a large shop.
    3. I can buy clothes from normal shops only just but hey its great. Now size 20.
    4. I can sit in the comfy chairs in the coffee shop, always very careful before in case too tight or did not fit. Now even if the seats have arms i can sit in them.
    Lucky

Wow luckyflower. Great to hear you sounding so happy. Think you’ll have to wear a lucky flower to the next support group so we can recognise you eh!! Hope to see you there. And a big big well done xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@luckyflower 21970 wrote:

Lucky

I LOVE hearing things like this. We have/will all experience(d) it at some point so it’s a brilliant reminder for everyone. Thank you so much for sharing it and brightening up everyone else’s day too.

Doodah x

hazelann70

My happy moment was putting on a pair of jeans which I’ve obviously not got out of the wardrobe for some time and they were still too big. Didn’t have to undo the button. At least I’m not back there again yet!!! Still in my size 10’s but not sure for how long if I carry on at the rate I’m going at right now. Still, it’s nice to be wearing jeans that need a belt….. could have got out the smaller ones but couldn’t be bothered lmao

Doodah
    Keymaster

Size 10!!!! Blimey, I don’t think I’ve ever been that small as an adult! That’s amazing Hazel! I bet at your biggest, you were only half my size at mine!

hazelann70

I was size 26 at my largest. Size 10 won’t last long at this rate!

midge

Hazelann you are being way too hard on yourself , you are on a downer for reasons you only know but try hard not to let them beat you, you have done amazingly well and are obviously an amazing person to do so well………to drop 8 dress sizes is brilliant and you need to take yourself off into a corner and remind yourself of this achievement
    Well done to you and you alone it’s allthru your hard work
    Midge xx

hazelann70

Thanks Midge. I know what you’re saying and do agree. Just when we are going through an eating binge the bells start to ring and the scales don’t lie. It’s so easy for me and probably everyone else to brush off the odd few lbs gained here and there and I know when I’m in trouble. Last night turned into a total disaster with 4 boxes of mini cereals, leftover chinese that my son had stupidly left in the kitchen and more bread. It’s like a rabid animal trying to see how much they can get in. It scares the shit out of me if I’m honest. Then of course that cycle begins where you eat because you’re pissed off with yourself and then you gain and then you eat. Whoever said fat people don’t have psych problems is an arse!!! I’ve been called into our local radio station to talk about bariatric surgery tomorrow morning and I’m not sure how I will handle that one! I can only be honest and tell it as it is – it’s not a golden ticket and we still have to have some form of self control and willpower.

Been baking for the cafe this morning and so far not caved into temptation thankfully. Perhaps yesterdays all day long binge got it out of my system! It doesn’t help that my sister has been diagnosed with secondary cancer (she had breast cancer 3 times 12 years ago). They have found a tumour on her brain, 2 in her lungs and one on her sternum. Is it any wonder I’m beating myself up!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Oh Hazel, I don’t know what to say. I’m so sorry. When we care so much for other people, we often neglect ourselves. You need help with this every bit as much as your sister does. I know I would go to pieces if anything ever happened to my little sister (I’m ten years older than her) as it would make me feel that I hadn’t protected her as the big sister (how ridiculous a notion is that but that’s what we are like.)

I’m so glad that you have a place where you can vent your anger and frustration. You are amongst friends here. We all know how your mind works regarding food. Your career choice might be significant! I hope you can find the strength to stop beating yourself up and start helping your sister to beat up cancer instead.

Always here for you

Doodah xx

78rpm

I have to say the bath and my car seat belt being very loose were my 2 moments other im thin eureka moments tend to suprise me as I still have to adjust to my new size and it does feel good when they come! look forward to hearing more of yours Gayle!

johncg

Lucky you are the girl

Love you to bits keep up the good work,, you fill me with pride for everyone on this site who has and are traveling on our special journey to full life and exciting times ahead….

Ps I’m still buying the tights though…. Lol

Love John xxxxx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media