Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Life begins …

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

41kg in 5 months is phenomenal going! That’s roughly 6.25 stone. Impressive to say the least.

Hope you are rested up now. Well done indeed.

Doodah x

ps I could be wrong about the weight conversion – I am notoriously dreadful at maths and it doesn’t help being married to an Advanced Skills maths teacher!

hmb74

Lol … 41 kg = 6 st 5 lbs. I think a 2 litre bottle filled with fluid is 7 lbs so almost 13 of them have left the building 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

Crikey, that’s a great comparison! Imagine trying to lift 13 of them. I was stunned when I had lost 5st and my husband said: ‘That’s what the dog weighs’. Our dog is a huge, big boned Chocolate Labrador. He has since lost weight too. We put him on a diet last year and he is now a svelte just over 4st. Poor boy thought he had done something wrong when all the treats stopped, until we replaced them with extra walks. He obviously didn’t realise that he was playing right into our hands haha! He’s beautiful but not the brightest ;-))

hmb74

It is done. The job finished yesterday and I am free to pick up the pace re my own business. Exciting 🙂

It did feel weird though. There was a varied bunch of emotions brewing inside me. The change is going to take some getting used to even though I know it is the right thing for me.

Went shopping today. I have a wedding and evening reception to go to on 5th Oct. I’ve finally gone down a size on the bottom half. I’m now a 26/28 all over. Feels great not having to buy a 30+ in anything! 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s a very brave thing you have done and I think you deserve a huge pat on the back. I personally would like to wish you all the luck in the world with your new business.

Coming out of the 30s clothes-wise is one of the most wonderful feelings I have ever had in my life. I was a 32/34 and always felt like a ‘freak’. Twenty-something clothes were always just ‘out sized’ to me where as 30s seemed almost shameful. Ridiculous I know but that’s how it made ME feel. Getting into a 28 was so rewarding that it spurred me on even further.

Have a fabulous wedding reception and know that you will look amazing!

Doodah x

hmb74

Oo-ee-ouch! 30 mins of a legs, bums & tums class. We’re building up to the full 45 mins. Reminded me of my personal training days coz I was the only victim … Er, I mean eager participant. Some of it will be great for core strength. It’s a bit more physical than pilates and I am positively glowing/glistening! Yes, I’ll be back next week 🙂

Round 2 tonight. Bring on that salsa footwork 🙂 xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

You’re a better woman than I!!

hmb74

Ouchie but goodie …

Since Monday:

* 2 hrs walking round town on Tuesday
    * 1 1/2 hrs walking with friends and a 45 minute pilates class yesterday
    * 1 hr walking with friends and 2 1/4 hrs walking round town hunting for shoes, bras and hair accessories coz I’m going to a wedding and evening reception tomorrow.

My head is throbbing

My feet started aching about 20 mins before I called it a day this afternoon.

The rest of me is saying thankyou. Six months ago I couldn’t walk for 2 mins without wanting to swear at the lactic acid that made my lower back burn like crazy.

This morning I went round a friend’s for some pampering. My usually straight hair is now curly and I have colour on my nails. Practicing for tomorrow. Tonight I’m meeting some friends for a few hours, making a wedding card and sleeping for England! Active + fresh air = tiring 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

This post makes me so happy. I’m so proud of how you have embraced your new life. It will inspire all the new people who are waiting to have their wls.

Hope you have a fabulous time at the wedding today. Would love to see some photos if you could manage it. Hope the weather behaves :-O

Doodah x

hmb74

Wedding was FAB. Bride and groom were the ultimate picture of happiness 🙂

We travelled on the train to/from the ceremony. I almost whooped with joy coz there was daylight between my hips and the platform barriers. I could walk facing ahead instead of having to go sideways down the train aisles.

We had a 10 min walk before and after the train journeys (both directions) which included some lovely steep hills. Breathless? What’s that? A small and insignificant element of history, that’s what.

Have a few hours at home to prepare the evening celebrations now. After I’ve been to the shop for milk that is 🙂 xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

BRILLIANT! It’s the little things in life that matter the most – like your hips!

Doodah x

hmb74

Hey all. Long time no speak. Had a bit of a blip and lost my way a little bit. The pressures of life and uncertainty with regards to work/job hunting/business/finances/studying all teamed up and I let them win. Back and bouncing now though 🙂

I had an appointment at St Richards on Tuesday 8th Jan. I’ve lost 8 st in 9 mths. Current percentage loss is 41 %. They reckon I’m a little bit off target (3-5 kg) for the 65 % average loss. The vibes I got kinda bugged me. “It looks like you’re not gonna make it to the average …”

Think again, Mrs Dietician 😉

By my calculations I need to lose 2 st 3 lbs before the next appointment arrives. The appointment is on April 23rd (15 wks). It’s still possible 🙂

Start weight = 29 st 3 lbs
    Current weight = 21 st 3 lbs

I’ve lost the equivalent of my 13 yr old niece.

I’m in new territory now. Haven’t been this low (in a weight sense) since I was, oh, 21 yrs old.

Whitey

Hey don’t beat yourself up – you have lost 8st and that’s amazing! You deserve to be congratulated not ‘told off’ because you are not ‘on target’. We have all spent years being made to feel useless by the medical profession and you don’t want to go back there. We sometimes see very fast weight loss from WLS people and those of us who don’t loose quite as fast or go off track a little feel failures. Look at the bigger picture you have lost 8st and you can get back on track and loose lots more. Good luck Elainex

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hmb74 27228 wrote:

Hey all. Long time no speak. Had a bit of a blip and lost my way a little bit. The pressures of life and uncertainty with regards to work/job hunting/business/finances/studying all teamed up and I let them win. Back and bouncing now though 🙂

I had an appointment at St Richards on Tuesday 8th Jan. I’ve lost 8 st in 9 mths. Current percentage loss is 41 %. They reckon I’m a little bit off target (3-5 kg) for the 65 % average loss. The vibes I got kinda bugged me. “It looks like you’re not gonna make it to the average …”

Think again, Mrs Dietician 😉

By my calculations I need to lose 2 st 3 lbs before the next appointment arrives. The appointment is on April 23rd (15 wks). It’s still possible 🙂

Start weight = 29 st 3 lbs
    Current weight = 21 st 3 lbs

I’ve lost the equivalent of my 13 yr old niece.

I’m in new territory now. Haven’t been this low (in a weight sense) since I was, oh, 21 yrs old.

Whitey is absolutely right. Whoever made you feel like a naughty child is not doing their job properly.

However, I can see a renewed lust for weight loss in your post so maybe she had a method to her ‘madness’? maybe she thinks that some people respond to the challenge of being told they are ‘merely average’? You have done absolutely brilliantly and nothing nor no one can take that away from you. Don’t put extra pressure on yourself to get the 2st 3lbs off before your next appointment. It isn’t a blooming race! It’s a new lifestyle. I’m still on my journey and I had my surgery 4.5 years ago! I have finally won the war but have one last battle to go – more skin removal next month.

Facts and figures are helpful but they are not gospel. I lost a stone a month for ten months then it took another 8 months to get the other five off: almost twice as long. Other people overtook me but you know what, I was thrilled for them and just kept doing my own thing. I eventually ‘caught up’ – we all do.

We are all so different that it is madness to compare ourselves to others or beat ourselves up if we don’t meet the number on the chart. Chart Schmart. We are human beings, not farm produce!! give yourself a huge pat on the back. You have lost EIGHT stone for goodness sake. I think we can get blasé about the numbers sometimes when they are, in fact, mind-boggling!

Well done on your phenomenal achievement – so far…..I know you will reach your goal 😉

Doodah x

hmb74

Thanks 🙂

I know I’ll reach it too. Maybe it got to me more than it normally would have. Had my monthly visitor since Friday so there may have been a hint of PMT in the mix.

I’m not “average”, I’m me. I’m on a journey, a voyage of discovery. No comparisons to anyone else required 🙂

Better go. Got a job centre appointment in 30 mins & a counselling session in 2 hrs. Deep joy, lol xx

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media