Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Life begins …

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

1.5lbs is a good loss ;-)) and as for almost 5st in total….BRILLIANT!!

Doodah x

hmb74

And today I’m wearing a pair of sandals with a bit of height to them … These sandals have been using up space in the wardrobe for at least 2 yrs coz they were too tight across the toes & the strap wouldn’t go round my ankles. They’re a cute size 7 rather than the size 8/9 canoes I have been wearing. I have a pair of flat shoes with me just in case but don’t think they’ll be needed 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

I have to admit, I was almost as excited at being able to wear heels again as I was about getting into size 12 clothes! My feet have shrunk too – from a 6 to a 4.5. I now save a fortune on trainers and pumps etc as I can wear children’s shoes haha!

Well done again hmb. You are doing absolutely brilliantly 😉

Doodah x

hmb74

Well, after 2 weeks of chasing we’ve had ONE blood test result back. FBC is normal. Still waiting for 2 or 3 more results. Anyone got the number for Speedy Gonzales? 😉

Am keeping a chair warm at home this afternoon. Waiting for the second of 2 calls arranged by my landlord. Gas safety check has been done, now waiting for a contractor to talk/do something about loft insulation. Getting up occasionally to do bits of housework but my main goal is sorting out the CV and jobhunting. Yes, it pays the bills, keeps a roof over my head, and keeps me out of mischief. Yes, there are people worse off than I am … But I’m not happy where I am. I’ve been doing the job for 14 yrs: know it well, am good at what I do, have positive relationships with most customers and know the hard work is appreciated. It’s time for a new challenge.

Just writing the CV is a challenge. Haven’t had to think about trying to “sell myself” for so long that I don’t really know where to start. Try selling something when you’re still trying to fathom what its positive qualities are. Low self-esteem/confidence get outta here. Your presence is no longer required.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hmb74 24986 wrote:

Well, after 2 weeks of chasing we’ve had ONE blood test result back. FBC is normal. Still waiting for 2 or 3 more results. Anyone got the number for Speedy Gonzales? 😉

Am keeping a chair warm at home this afternoon. Waiting for the second of 2 calls arranged by my landlord. Gas safety check has been done, now waiting for a contractor to talk/do something about loft insulation. Getting up occasionally to do bits of housework but my main goal is sorting out the CV and jobhunting. Yes, it pays the bills, keeps a roof over my head, and keeps me out of mischief. Yes, there are people worse off than I am … But I’m not happy where I am. I’ve been doing the job for 14 yrs: know it well, am good at what I do, have positive relationships with most customers and know the hard work is appreciated. It’s time for a new challenge.

Just writing the CV is a challenge. Haven’t had to think about trying to “sell myself” for so long that I don’t really know where to start. Try selling something when you’re still trying to fathom what its positive qualities are. Low self-esteem/confidence get outta here. Your presence is no longer required.

I love this post. You are already thinking well ahead to when you will once more be the more confident, optimistic new you!

I recently had to write a CV and was appalled at how I undersold myself! I have been doing the job for 18 months but had to write a CV for it yet I still couldn’t bring myself to tell my employers how good I am haha!! What are we like eh?

Like you say ‘begone low self esteem and confidence…’ Good for you hmb 😉

Doodah x

hmb74

A milestone is reached … 5 stone is gone. Am still 2.5 lbs away from salsa classes. You listening, Body? Get moving, I wanna be on that dance floor for classes next Monday 🙂

Was on a mission this weekend. More sorting and evicting stuff from my flat. Old PC desk dismantled, 12 flights of stairs (6 x 2 flights) carrying that and other stuff to my car and then a Saturday afternoon jolly to the local tip. Did it all single-handed. No way would that have happened a few weeks ago.

Heading back to the gym this week. 2.5 weeks off is long enough. The withdrawal symptoms are kicking in, lol.

Morning break over. Best get back to work. Hmm … Is it 4.30 yet?

Lauren
    Keymaster

FIVE Stone!!! Doesn’t it sound beautiful?!

Best get those salsa shoes ready…..!

ebaa

Well done x

hmb74

Thank you 🙂

And yep, it sounds great!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Imagine having to carry around 5st now. That’s about the weight of a fairly beefy Labrador ( I know, I have one!!) It would virtually kill you!!

Doodah x

hmb74

Went to salsa and had a discussion with the guy in charge.

Yep, I’m back next week if I reach target but he is going to make me work for every second I spend on that dance floor …

* All the way back to beginners for half the lesson only. He is monitoring everything: that I can keep up the pace, making sure I can do the moves/turns so they don’t have to leave them out of routines.

* Gym is a given: no gym, no dancing

* We’ve had chats before. He knows about my past, my current situation and other stuff besides. He’s tagged on some other “conditions” relating to those things too.

Got to say my mood was a little bit deflated after we spoke but only coz I was so excited about being back to doing something I love. I was kinda expecting the “only half a class” but not the “back to the very beginning”. I’ve slept since then.

This guy is kind of like a big brother and I trust him (don’t do that with many people). He’s been teaching around a decade and knows what he is doing. He has helped others who have been thru bariatric surgery.

“Big bro” knows best. I thank him for looking after me and for being thoughtful. I want results so will accept the guidance even if it bugs me at times.

Lauren
    Keymaster

How very lucky you are to have such a fair and disciplined teacher. He obviously knows what he is doing.

Can’t wait to hear all about it!

hmb74

First gym session in 2.5 weeks is done and dusted. Pain free apart from some minor niggles in my right foot towards the end.

Session time: 6pm

Bike: 3.01 km in 12 mins 32 secs (resistance 1-3 in blocks of 3-4 mins)

Cross trainer: 2.63 km in 26 mins. Only stopped coz I was in desperate need of a bathroom break. I was aiming for 30 mins plus cool down.

Yep, training = got to be exact 😉

Lauren
    Keymaster

I can’t believe how disciplined you are!! Well done indeed. I just amble along and warm up, then go on different bits of equipment until I feel too tired to continue (or my asthma and arthritis tells me to stop) then cool down and leave for a nice swim and sauna!! But, like I always say, if you are merely walking, you are still lapping everyone on the couch!!

Doodah x

hmb74

Let’s see …

Personal trainer who did the London marathon with me was ex-military and he instilled accuracy into me.

Salsa teacher who is patient, kind, humble … And has a pair of size 10 steel toe capped shoes. His standards are high and he is likely to metaphorically use those boots to propel me to the moon and back if I dare to squelch on what we discuss.

We have something in common: we both want results. I’m bored with comfort zones and he’s good at drawing the best out of people. Could be an uncomfortable journey in places but it will be worth it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media