Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Life begins …

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30156
    hmb74
    Member

    Well … 9 days post op and LOVING it. Apart from discovering I’m allergic to surgical tape and having a headache for 5 days it has been an almost painless experience. I’ve been out for a few 5-10 min walks since Monday and have started revamping my bedroom (just little things to keep me moving). My back isn’t burning when I walk, the plantar fasciitis is leaving me alone and hills/stairs are less challenging. Clothes are also starting to fit better. Am setting my sights on the London Marathon 2014. The plan is to cross the line BEFORE they start dismantling it this time, lol (did it in 10 hrs in 2008). Goodbye existance, hello life … and thank you Mr Pring for a job well done 🙂

    #36205
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    Hi There and welcome!

    Crikey, you have been through the mill abit haven’t you? Glad you’re coming out the other side though.

    I really laughed at your comment re the last marathon you ran. I bet you cross that line in 2014 with a pretty decent time ;-))

    Keep in touch – I think you are going to be grreat fun on here.

    Doodah xx

    #36204
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    Did you notice my spelling error? I sound like Tony the Tiger…grrrrrreat!!

    #36236

    Hey, I am now 8 days post op. Where did you have yours done, I had mine at st Richards, chichester, wondering if you are one of the people I shared a ward with briefly xx

    #36241
    hmb74
    Member

    Hi Katie. Not 100 % sure but think you may have been in the bed next to mine. I was in the middle opposite the windows 🙂

    Now 2.5 weeks post op. Since the last post, “rollercoaster” springs to mind. Mentally and emotionally I am on cloud 9. Externally, everything is healing nicely. Internally? Let’s just say the new plumbing is keeping me on my toes. I seem to be having a good day followed by a day when everything is blocked and I’m nauseous/washed out. The next day it seems like I’m practically moving into the bathroom. Then the cycle begins again. My lower back is giving me grief too. The other day it hurt to sit on everything except my bed. Hey ho … The positives far outweigh the challenges so bring ’em on. I’m ready and stronger than they will every be.

    I saw my GP yesterday. She weighed me. I’ve now lost 14 kg (2 st 3 lbs) since the end of March: 9 kg on the milk diet, the rest since the op. I’ve been signed off work until 21st May.

    #36221
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    I hope it all settles asap for you so that you can begin to enjoy your new life properly – maybe even get a bit of sunshine ?!?!
    We could all do with some of that right now.

    Doodah x

    #36273
    hmb74
    Member

    Today I am 4 weeks post op … and 3 stone lighter (since the pre-op assessment on March 30th). The post-op check is still 2 weeks away. Guess we’re aiming for 4 stone then.

    Nothing feels real at the moment. It’s like a dream but I am living it every day. It is exciting and it is scary. Mentally/emotionally everything is magnified considerably because the comfort blanket isn’t there to dull things down (or drown them out in some cases!). I don’t miss food, never feel hungry, the cravings are very short lived and the emotional dips are more managable. They don’t go as deep or last as long. It makes sense and it doesn’t make sense at the same time.

    #36287
    stars
    Member

    Hi, I had my op on the 5th March. I felt great from the start. I’ve sailed through it all. I’ve lost 3 stone from the day I went in for the op and I’ve got my hospital check up on Wed. I can do so much more, I’ve even stated swimming as I’ve gained some confidence. I’m so excited about this journey. 🙂

    #36222
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @stars 23467 wrote:

    Hi, I had my op on the 5th March. I felt great from the start. I’ve sailed through it all. I’ve lost 3 stone from the day I went in for the op and I’ve got my hospital check up on Wed. I can do so much more, I’ve even stated swimming as I’ve gained some confidence. I’m so excited about this journey. 🙂

    Brilliant Stars!! (See what I did there haha)

    Well done, that’s absolutely fantastic. So glad to hear you are getting your confidence back – it’s (almost) as important as losing the weight isn’t it? Long may it continue ;-))

    Doodah x

    #36274
    hmb74
    Member

    7 weeks since the pre-op and almost 5 weeks since the op … 43.5 lbs have left the building. Today I re-discovered what being a girly girl feels like. Hair up, nail varnish on in a novice kinda way and wearing clothes that have been taking up space in the wardrobe for 3 years. Not just any old clothes. I’ve been wearing a skirt. Oh, how I have missed this feeling 🙂

    My 3 pairs of smart/casual trousers have dwindled to 1 pair at the moment. Mum altered 2 pairs before the op (put some adjustable side panels in because they didn’t fit). They now have a mind of their own, lol. Can’t take them anywhere because they keep falling down. I smell a shopping trip on the horizon …

    #36223
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @hmb74 23604 wrote:

    7 weeks since the pre-op and almost 5 weeks since the op … 43.5 lbs have left the building. Today I re-discovered what being a girly girl feels like. Hair up, nail varnish on in a novice kinda way and wearing clothes that have been taking up space in the wardrobe for 3 years. Not just any old clothes. I’ve been wearing a skirt. Oh, how I have missed this feeling 🙂

    My 3 pairs of smart/casual trousers have dwindled to 1 pair at the moment. Mum altered 2 pairs before the op (put some adjustable side panels in because they didn’t fit). They now have a mind of their own, lol. Can’t take them anywhere because they keep falling down. I smell a shopping trip on the horizon …

    LOVE this so much!! being a girly girl myself I know exactly how you feel. Woo Hoo!! Wait till you discover heels again ;-))

    Doodah x

    #36275
    hmb74
    Member

    Can’t wait 🙂

    Today I made the most of the sunshine and a chunk of vit D intake. Went for a stroll along the Basingstoke Canal. Am rather surprised because I managed to do more than anticipated. Walked for 23 mins without stopping, paused to soak up the peaceful atmosphere and take on some fluids then walked back to my car in 22 mins. Again, no stopping. The soles of my feet were burning on the return journey, my left knee and upper left leg niggled a little bit and I had a fuzzy head for the last 5-10 mins (heat? not enough fluids? out of practice?). It was definitely worth the effort though.

    Just had a snack. Now time for the reproductive system (anatomy & physiology coursework) 🙂

    #36224
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    Fantastic. Well done you! What a brillaint achievement in such a minute space of time. So proud of you x

    Doodah x

    #36276
    hmb74
    Member

    Can officially celebrate now 🙂

    Had my 6 week post op check today and have officially evicted 22.5 kg (3 st 5 lb) since March 30th. Got the green light to return to the gym too. Knew there was a reason for buying new trainers yesterday.

    Happy bunny too. I spoke to my salsa teacher before the classes started last night. Yes, he knows about the op. Following that conversation, I was up on the dance floor and doing the 5-10 minute warm up session. Oh, it was so good to be back! We’re taking it slowly. I may be joining in/assisting with beginners in a month or so while the strength builds up a bit. In the mean time, I’m content with just the footwork practice.

    #36225
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @hmb74 23814 wrote:

    Can officially celebrate now 🙂

    Had my 6 week post op check today and have officially evicted 22.5 kg (3 st 5 lb) since March 30th. Got the green light to return to the gym too. Knew there was a reason for buying new trainers yesterday.

    Happy bunny too. I spoke to my salsa teacher before the classes started last night. Yes, he knows about the op. Following that conversation, I was up on the dance floor and doing the 5-10 minute warm up session. Oh, it was so good to be back! We’re taking it slowly. I may be joining in/assisting with beginners in a month or so while the strength builds up a bit. In the mean time, I’m content with just the footwork practice.

    FANBLOOMINTASTIC!!!

    Can I have lessons please haha! If only my arthritis and asthma would allow…..

    Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media