Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Level 3 funding?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Loz

Hello everyone, I’m new to this journey.

My GP applied twice for bariatric surgery and twice I was turned down and this time he applied for me through an individual route and I was given level 3 funding for Addenbrookes Obesity clinic.

I have no idea what level 3 is or what to expect or what I need to do?

Does this mean il get surgery?

Any advice appreciated 🙂 thanks!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Loz 32388 wrote:

Hello everyone, I’m new to this journey.

My GP applied twice for bariatric surgery and twice I was turned down and this time he applied for me through an individual route and I was given level 3 funding for Addenbrookes Obesity clinic.

I have no idea what level 3 is or what to expect or what I need to do?

Does this mean il get surgery?

Any advice appreciated 🙂 thanks!

Hi Loz

Don’t worry about being new to all this – we all were at some point!

I’m afraid I don’t have much personal knowledge on the level system as so much has changed since I had my bypass almost 6 years ago. I’m sure one of the other lovely people on here will be able to fill you in though.

I was turned down twice too so don’t give up – all good things come to those who wait as the saying goes!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I’m not sure about levels 3 funding I understand about the tier pathway but that’s in Portsmouth and Hampshire pct . I would if I was you goggle Baratric care pathway way for your pct .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hmmm, that link above is now broken. Leave it with me, Loz, I will ask around for you.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I think (but don’t quote me on it!) these are the tiers:

1. Multi-disciplinary Assessment
    2. Intensive Treatment Phase (12 weeks)
    3. Maintenance Phase (nine months)
    4. Tier 4 Assessment and Preparation

My suggestion is that you phone Adenbrookes obesity clinic and ask them to explain it to you or better still send you some information. It would seem the best course of action and I’m surprised they haven’t already done it to be honest.

Good luck

Doodah x

leisa66

I think you might mean tier 3… I have my appointment to start tier 3 tomorrow so will let you know. I understand it to mean a 24 week program of preparation for surgery. Dieting, exercise, information and assessments.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@leisa66 34125 wrote:

I think you might mean tier 3… I have my appointment to start tier 3 tomorrow so will let you know. I understand it to mean a 24 week program of preparation for surgery. Dieting, exercise, information and assessments.

Thank you so much for this Leisa66.

Hope everything goes well for you. Please keep in touch as it will be extremely interesting for new people. And to me, as i didn’t have to do any of the ‘tier’ system seven years ago.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media