Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Less than a week since bypass!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    kathc

Well done rose – glad all went well . The wind can be painful just let it out !! Lol .

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

I rang the sPIRE hOSPITAL who recmmended that I take Iboprofen melts as well as paracetemol and this has made a real difference!

I also massasged by tummy with peppermint essential oil (in a carrier oil) as well as swallowing some pepppermint oil drops for the trapped wind.

A good friend has also recommended arnica cream for the bruising.

I am feeling much more comfotable now!

I hope I haven’t put anyone off, but I have a low pain threshold! You should have seen me wail when I had my daughters!!!

ruby tuesday

Good to hear you have found some things that work for you Rose and feel more comfortable. x

ruby tuesday

Fiesta, you are booked into a great hospital with a great surgeon, and I am sure all will be well, even if your veins are hard to find! xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Rambline Rose 20676 wrote:

I rang the sPIRE hOSPITAL who recmmended that I take Iboprofen melts as well as paracetemol and this has made a real difference!

I also massasged by tummy with peppermint essential oil (in a carrier oil) as well as swallowing some pepppermint oil drops for the trapped wind.

A good friend has also recommended arnica cream for the bruising.

I am feeling much more comfotable now!

I hope I haven’t put anyone off, but I have a low pain threshold! You should have seen me wail when I had my daughters!!!

So pleased you are feeling better! I have a massively high pain threshold – two kids with no pain relief at all! But, as you will see, we are ALL different. That’s why this place is so great: there will always be someone similar to you to be able to help and support you. Great hints and tips in your post. Thank you. Onwards and downwards as we say 😉

Doodah xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Fiesta

My gastric bypass was done by the marvellous Mr Pring, he is excellent, as for the veins, mine are difficult to find too but the nurses at St Richards are used to it and you’ll be surprised what they will find, they know all the tricks to make them come out and play.

I remember my day before, gosh I was so excited, it felt like christmas and birthday all rolled in to one, hope all goes well for you tomorrow, don’t forget we’re here for you.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Wishing you all the best Fiesta!!!

Can I ask everyone how long they too to recover from their surgery? If you work, how long did you need off? I’m asking because I may need to ask my husband to cook Christmas dinner and do all the prepping. I usually love to do it, but am too sore at the moment.

Many thanks

ruby tuesday

Rose, you should be just fine by Christmas, recovery time varies for people, but give it a few weeks and you should not be feeling discomfort judging by myself and people I have heard from, so don’t worry, but you may be more tired than normal, so on that basis might need help with things – see how you are nearer the time! x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Rose. How about getting your family to do all the prepping and you just cook? Or, why not go mad and go out for Christmas dinner? It could be a double celebration then?! Just a thought….

Doodah xx

kathc

Rose everyone is different but 2-4 weeks is the average . But each day things get easier .

K x x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

UPDATE!!!!

Am just back from a stay in QUeen A;exandra Hospital! IT seems I wasn’t coping well because of low haemoglobin levels and excessive brusiing! I had a blood transfusion and strong painkillers and visits from Shaw Sommers himself to see that I was ok. THat man REALLY cares!! I feel so right to have chosen him.

Anyway, I am much more comfy now!! Thanks for all the support!!

luckyflower

Rose glad you are sorted, yes choosing a good team really helps!! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Rose. So glad that you are ok. My goodness what a worry. Shaw Somers is everything you expect isn’t he?

Take care and I wish you better asap 😉

Doodah x

ruby tuesday

Sorry to hear that Rose, but very glad it was picked up and you were happy with the care given. Wishing you a speedy recovery. x

Less than two weeks since my operation and I no longer need pain killers! I am enjying lots of different soups, diet yoghurts and sugar free jelly! I feel as if my new life has begun!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media