Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Less than a week since bypass!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I had my bypass last Thursday and I am now home. I feel very sore and bloated, but apart from that am quite well. The hosopital staff were really kind and helpful. Shaw Somers was really caring – I felt really well looked after all in all. Would recommend the procedure to anyone who is morbidly obese and struggles with weight loss

derlooker
    Participant

Hi Rose. Glad to hear you are home safe. Sorry to hear u r sore though. Thanks for sharing how it all went. C

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

ruby tuesday

So glad all went well, take it easy and allow yourself lots of leeway to concentrate on just healing, look forward to hearing how you are doing. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Rose

Glad it went well and thanks for keeping us all up to date. The soreness will soon be a distant memory and you will start to feel fantastic 😉

Doodah x

li_77

Hi rose
    Glad to her the op went well and that your doing well apart for being sore, I’ve got my op 2moro, let me know how your getting on.
    Li x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Rose

Congratulations it’s all down hill from her, down dress sizes, down shoe sizes and down with feeling awful, welcome to the losers bench rose, it just gets better from now on.

Don’t forget we’re all here for you in these very early days…

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

I’ve been experiencing some very sharp trapped wind pain. How long will this last for? Is there anything I can do about it? Tummy is still black and blue and very sore, but I know it will all be worth it in the end!!

ruby tuesday

That is something we all have post-op and it takes a while to ease off, but it is from the gas pumped in during surgery, so normal. I took windeze from the first day after the op, and once you can move around a bit more, it will shift, but being sat around too much when we feel sore dosn’t help, so do try to walk around the house at least, and after food. My tummy was bruised from the injections I had to give myself in it once I got home, but they were for about 10 days, and soon fade. The op scars themselves are tiny which is amazing really. best wishes, xx

fiesta131

thank you for this, my pypass is planned for thursday, so I have a few anxieties . It is great to hear how others cope. It has taken nearly a year to get to this point, and I can’t really believe the date has finally come. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Fiesta and welcome.

You must be so excitied about thursday! It’s just like waiting for Christmas as a small child idn’t it? (if you celebrate – don’t mean to be presumptuous!) I’m thrilled that you are looking forward to it – it will be the start of a brand new life. Like it says in the video: a chance to be the person you want to be. Please keep us all up-to-date on your progress.

GOOD LUCK xxxxx

Doodah x

fiesta131

Oh thank you so much I am excited but worried but will be back in touch. I have just joined the forum and have found the posts inspirational. THANK YOU XX

ruby tuesday

Fiesta, will be thinking of you on Thursday, and wishing you well. You can post a thread up with any worries you have now, and someone will be able to help you, so don’t keep things to yourself and worry over them! What op are you having and where? xx

PS. Not sure where in Hampshire you are based, but I believe Renn’s support group meeting is tommorow night at the Holiday Inn, Fareham, and you could go and talk to people who know what you will be going through if you wanted. You would be made very welcome.

fiesta131

I am going to Chichester under Mr Pring and having having gastric bypass. One of my main worries is the doctors being able to find a vein this is never easy. Also hope that I can cope with discomfort. Thank you so much for your kind wishes. Speak after the op. xx

My husbnad has popped out to buy some stronger painkillers as I am still in considerable discomfort, and also some arnica cream for my bruising. Despite my discomfort, I would still recommend this procedure to anyone!

luckyflower

Rose glad things went well, I did not have much wind pain but i did walk which helped move what i did have. I also tried mint tea. Like Ruby i was bruised from the injections but the scars have healed very well and are tiny. I celebrated giving myself the last injection was glad that was all over.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media