Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

leaking band

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marie

Hi – just wondered if anybody has experienced a leaky band? I had my band put in last July and yesterday went for my 4th fill and they found their was nothing in there (should have been 8mls!) – waiting to hear back from doctor about x-ray and will try and get through xmas unbanded – have already put on half a stone and need to stop this slippery slope!

hides

Hello marie
    I’m so sorry to hear about your problem. When you say “last july” , is that , 2010 or 2011 .
    I had my band done in oct this year, just had my second fill last week, i have 5mls at the mo. i’m off to see the nurse this morning, cos i keep being sick.
    How long will it take before you get the results from the doc ? How much have you lost before the problems started ? Have the docs said what they may have to do when they get results ?
    Best wishes
    Heidi.

marie

Hi Heidi

Hope you get on OK today with the nurse – it must be horrible being sick all the time – is it because the band too tight?

I had my op July 2011 so not very long ago, no problems at all and I felt some restriction up until last month. Spoke today to the secretary but just need to wait until I hear from the scan department – I hate waiting !!!!!! Anyway hopefully they can find the leak and either replace the port, tubing etc under a local but the worst case scenario is to have to go through the op again and have a general. At the mo I feel that I’ve wasted all that money – I know they will sort it but why do all these things happen during holiday season!
    I had lost nearly 3 stone but already half a stone went straight back on – I need to find some will power!
    Best wishes
    Marie

hides

Hello marie
    I wish you well with that willpower, really not very easy….. My house has bowls of nibbles here, there and everywhere.

Nurse was lovely, she has a band herself, so it makes a difference when explaining things. She thinks my band was too tight, too quickly. So she took half a ml out. She wasn’t happy that i’d lost 4lbs in 4 days…… I was….. Ha ha….

Well i guess you wont hear anything this side of christmas, so i really hope they sort it soon or you just after.
    Take care
    Heidi.

cazza

oh yes I have it happened in march of this year the nurse at the hospital could never find the port and was always using at least 2 needles and most of the time ended up calling the surgeon down. It was only after they tried several times and the dietican referred me back to the surgeon after not losing any weight and gaining it again without changing what I ate the the portions increased again I was sent to Southampton to see if they could see where the leak was. They could find it so in Oct this year I had surgery again to see where the leak was and it was by the join of the port and tubing due to neddle damage (where the nurse had several attempts) and that was redone without having the whole band redone. I can feel that the position is slightly differant this time as I get a ache where the port is. I have lost more weight since having it done but if I was able to get of the wine each night used as a pain killer as pain killers no longer work I would loose a lot more.

I really hope you get it sorted as its so disheartening as I had no restriction from march until oct.

Cazza

marie

thanks for sharing your experience – I hate not feeling any restriction and just feel frustrated with the whole thing. Funnily enough I’ve always had easy fills – needle straight in by the nurse and infact the worst prodding was the surgeon doing the first fill as he found the port was further to the side! I really hope it is due to needle damage as I don’t want to go through the whole thing again. How come it took so long to fix as 7 months sounds a long time to be without restriction?

Our house is also full of nibbles and I can’t seem to walk past the tin of biscuits without snacking – I know what I’ve got to do just lacking motivation at the moment.
    Marie

ruby tuesday

So sorry to hear this Marie, it must be frustrating for you, but you did well with your weight loss, so try to put the nibbles out of sight if possible, and to walk every day if you can, so that you do not worry about putting weight on, and can just enjoy your Christmas. Hope this is soon sorted for you. xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media