Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Laying on side?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cazza

Hi bander did it feel discomfort for you by your ribs for a while and when you lay down on your left although the wounds are perfect i’m still get discomfort & aching around my rib area by the port. does this go or is is a side effect.
    Cazza

cherylp

Hi Cazza
    Seems so long ago now but was only a year!
    I did have some discomfort for about the first week or so and the port area did take longer to heal not sure it was more than 2 weeks though. Sometimes I still get some discomfort now – as the area round by the port changes – apparently as the fat disperses! Good feeling!
    Hope you feel better soon. I would say call the clinic if at all worried because they are so helpful.

Cheryl x

cazza

Hi Cheryl
    Thanks for that i’m just under 2 weeks post op and it’s mainly when I move as you the fat around it moving will i’m sure effect it as well. I will see how I go although now 9lb off.
    Cazza

Claire

Hi Cazza

Yes, it was a good 2 or 3 weeks before I could comfortably sleep on my port side… It’s fine now, although ther are times I can feel it… The port’s sewn into your muscle and this takes longer to heal than the surface wounds… won’t be too long now though – and way to go with the 9lbs so far! 😀

xxx

cazza

Thanks guys I just ache & feeling sorry for myself today
    cazza

Moulin85

I have a question…

I had my band fitted on Sunday morning and am now at home. Can I lay on my side or do I need to sleep on my back?

I get backache and being on my side makes it better but I don’t want to cause any problems with my band.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks…. Sally xx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media