Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lapband fills: FAQ

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » Lapband fills: FAQ

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    pgoldsmith

I tell you Doodah it was loud, and pre op I was more of a “lady” in that dept!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@pgoldsmith 20583 wrote:

I tell you Doodah it was loud, and pre op I was more of a “lady” in that dept!

Hahahaha!! I love this place – we can all be so honest, whether it be serious or otherwise 😉

Doodah xx

johncg

Paul
    Chile and farting…… What a mixture I’m surprised your girlfriend stayed…. Lol

I haven’t had the (can’t spell it) fluct !!

No bad dreams, of chocking,

I needed something very sweet last night so I had two small slimfast bars I felt bad afterwards but I also remind myself of what I would have eaten before WLS.

I was sick yesterday morning around 10am I gad some sushi and cos I was in a rush I never let it go down swigged a coffee the walking through the shops car park I was reunited with the sushi, which got me thinking is this that slimmers illness, ( cant spell that either) ??

So yesterday was two soft boiled eggs at 0400. Two bits of rice sushi at 10am ( bought back from the dead) evening meal baked winter veg one roast tatty (aunt Bessey) and three parsnips around 1900, then two slimfast bars at 2000,

Plus my usual 44 minutes workout, not a lot for a growing boy!!!!!

Take care buddy

Love John xxxx
    Ps get your girlfriend a peg he he he

hides

My first fill tonight…. A little nervous, but everyone says it will be fine. Get to see the dietician and then the surgeon…
    Soup for the next few days……
    Heidi.

johncg

Is it going to be done u see X-ray ? My first one was…. No pain, I wanted to stay longer looking at the band…. If its not u see X-ray you will lay on your back, (won’t be a problem for you hides) with your legs in the air, again not a problem for you, lol… The reason you lift your legs is so it sticks out, the port I’m talking about,…. It’s good fun I found it interesting and you drink water while they inject you and you can feel the restriction kicking in….

Keep us updated

Love John xxxx

hides

Oh john, oh john…… You never fail to make me laugh…… And i’m alittle worried at how well you seem to know me…….lol
    Heidi x

pgoldsmith

Hi Heidi

hope your fill went well, just had another appointment and no fill, as have now dropped 2 stone in 6 weeks. So will monitor and go back if things slow down. Hope you not too restricted, how was it?

Paul

hides

Hi paul
    Yes it went ok. Well i was a little worried when i saw the needle, as it was quite long, but very fine. I did have to lie down (no xray, and no legs in the air). And not that he wasn’t nice, but it did seem to take a long time to get the target. I could feel the needle hitting the rim of the port several times…… Eventually he then gave me 4mls… He wanted to put 5 in, but when i was drinking the water, it wasn’t going down, so he took out 1 ml. My loss is 1 stone 10lbs, which i am very pleased with. I need to get off my lovely arse and start doing some exercise now……. Which will boost my loss……(hopefully)

My next delema is, i can go back in 3 weeks for another top up, or it will be into the new year because of the christmas holidays. I guess the next week will give me my answer.

Heidi.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Hides. Probably best to play it by ear. If it were ME, I’d wait until after Christmas but that’s only my humble opinion and I haven’t had a band ;-))

You are doing fabulously xx

vickihayling

Well done Hides, sounds like it all going well. I have the same xmas dilemma – to fill or not to fill! Part of me thinks yes as it will stop me pigging out but it also means a tightly restricted xmas which won’t be much fun at all. Mmmm decisions.

On a plus – I had a great night out reunion with all my old school pals and they couldn’t believe how well I looked – I had a short dress with my legs showing for the first time EVER and I danced ALL night – bloody marvellous!

hides

Hi vic
    So pleased your reunion went well, wished i’d been a fly on the wall…… I have yet to have that reaction, but one day………….Lol

I think i’ve decided today, to go for top up fill on the 14th dec…. Just to keep me on track, keep me away from that christmas pud. Ha ha.

Heidi

johncg

Hides

Where are you having your fill ??

Love John xxx

Nettie

Hi Everyone, sorry it’s been so long, well done Heidi for a fab loss, if I was you I’d wait till after Xmas, I haven’t had a fill for 5 weeks and I’m not planning one before the new year, being too tight is very very miserable even when it is not medically too tight (ie you can still swallow and keep liquid down) I know that although I would eat very little over Xmas with a fresh fill I wouldn’t enjoy my Xmas as much, we have to learn moderation and this is going to be my first year of learning it. I will be able to eat a small dinner if I don’t fill and thats what I’m planning to do, my last fill was so restricting and although it stopped me eating dinners and solid food I turned to slider food just in order to get something inside me and I don’t want to go there again.

Nettie xx

pgoldsmith

Hi all,

Had my Op Oct, but due to good weight loss only had my first fill today. I have a 14 mL band, I had 3 ml in my band post op now I have 5ml total due to the addition of a couple of ml. I had the fill this morning, just had fluids today soup and yogurt. However don’t feel any restriction and am hungry, is this normal? was expecting restriction and even fluids soup etc to fill me up. If this continues when back on solids how quickly should I ask for another fill?

Any advice appreciated

Paul

hides

Hiya paul
    When i had my first fill it took me up to 4ml in my 10ml band. Was starving for the first day, and had to go onto sloppy food the next day. Really didn’t feel much restriction at all. But 3weeks later (mid dec) i went and had another 1ml put in. But i stuck to the fluid rule…. Not as hungry, but i couldn’t keep anything down, when i did start to eat. 4days later i had to have 1/2ml out , just so i could eat at christmas. Things are better, but have to eat slower then i am, still finding that very hard. Next appt is jan 13th, put on 1and1/2lbs over christmas….. Not good, but better then the usual 7lbs. Back on track now.
    Total loss is 2stone 2lbs since mid oct…. You seem to be doing fanstastic . How much have you lost so far ? Know we shouldn’t compare, but just interested.
    Heidi.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media